PDA

View Full Version : New Mod Suggestions?

indigosoul
21-01-06, 10:55 AM
Well, Cybog said in another thread that a new mod is being considered. I think this is an excellent idea!

Thought, given how much of a hard time we've been giving them (deserved or not), that we could help them out a bit.

Let's suggest some names. TRY to be serious (for a little bit, anyway?) and give a good reason for your candidate. Maybe once we get a few names, we could set up a poll...

My suggestions:

1. TONE - he is around a lot and is very friendly and makes thoughtful posts. He also knows when to cut loose and have a bit of fun. I've also seen him apologize if he's made a mistake, which counts for a lot, I think. (Is OK that he can't do algebra. He's got lots of ppl on here he can ask if he's having trouble w/the quadratic formula...)

2. MISOMBRA - older (good thing), mature and doesn't have lot of time for sh!t. Will keep "mod" job in proper perspective (i.e. will do a good job, but won't take it too seriously, given she has a real job that deals w/ life and death). Good sense of humor and knows how to deal w/"problem" posters w/o getting bent out of shape (I'm remembering when Hayward first posted).

3. If he were around more, I'd also suggest NOMAS. Nuff' said on that one. Just read his posts...

There are others (don't be offended if I didn't mention you), but I assumed certain others wouldn't accept...

Agree? Others?

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 10:56 AM
Bluevette :D

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 10:58 AM
Let's suggest some names. TRY to be serious (for a little bit, anyway?) and give a good reason for your candidate. Maybe once we get a few names, we could set up a poll...

Oh yeah, didn't see that at first. Carry on....

indigosoul
21-01-06, 10:59 AM
Bluevette :D

Actually, before the ban, I'd agree. His posts are quite intelligent. But I doubt, under the circumstances, that he'd accept...

Rosebud
21-01-06, 10:59 AM
There's some that I would recommend as well but I know for a fact they wouldn't want to have that job. But I'll think about this some more and then come back and write down some names..

alice
21-01-06, 11:06 AM
i'd suggest bluesummer, but:

Bluesummer for Mod!!! Ha ha I jest of course. Couldn't pay me to do it.
sombra and tone would be great, too. and vashti/shh, of course. even lloyd would be ok.

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:09 AM
and vashti/shh, of course. even lloyd would be ok.

Yes, but I think Shh would say no... if I'm wrong tho, she'd be my first choice.

Rosebud
21-01-06, 11:11 AM
Shh/Vashti would definetly say no, she popped in my head too but I have a feeling she would frown upon that. And Lloyd, would ban all the newbies!

What about you Indi?

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:12 AM
shh! would be good, she has no life ;)

misombra, maybe. Sometimes she's not on here for periods at a time. I don't know what the requirements would be, as far as how many times/week, hours/day etc.

Tone, maybe. He has pretty decent computer skills, from what I've seen. And I'll push him every day to the brink of banning me :D

alice
21-01-06, 11:14 AM
no, lloyd wouldn't ban anyone. he'd just make them post pictures of themselves with little to no clothing.

Rosebud
21-01-06, 11:15 AM
Oh yes he would ban newbies! Trust me on this, have you seen what he says to them? lol

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:16 AM
I'd ban blondes! Unless they posted nudie pics ;)

alice
21-01-06, 11:17 AM
see?! that's what i meant.

Rosebud
21-01-06, 11:18 AM
And here I thought you liked me Lloyd! :(

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:18 AM
I do like you....naked :D

Cybog
21-01-06, 11:19 AM
Moderators do not have the ability to ban anyone.

Moderators do not have the ability to ban anyone.

The only thing we can do is request someone's activities be reviewed by the administrator to conduct the bannings.

If you all can keep it civil as indigosoul suggested, this is a good place to start thinking about who you all would like as a mod. We are currently discussing this and I don't want to suggest anyone you AND us don't all agree on.

So far Tone and TAVS seem to be pretty good choices to me. (Even though Tone pretty much told me to go **** myself) The only reason I don't mention some of the others is because I doubt they would want it.

Rosebud
21-01-06, 11:22 AM
If you all can keep it civil as indigosoul suggested, this is a good place to start thinking about who you all would like as a mod. We are currently discussing this and I don't want to suggest anyone you AND us don't all agree on.

So far Tone and TAVS seem to be pretty good choices to me. (Even though Tone pretty much told me to go **** myself) The only reason I don't mention some of the others is because I doubt they would want it.

well who are some of the other's you suggest and we can find out if they do want it or not?

And what all does being a mod entail? to help everyone have a better decision on who would be good?

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:22 AM
I'd ban blondes! Unless they posted nudie pics ;)

Any good thoughts I had about you Lloyd have just.... fizzled.....away.....

;)

alice
21-01-06, 11:24 AM
you really had good thoughts about lloyd? i don't believe you!

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:24 AM
Any good thoughts I had about you Lloyd have just.... fizzled.....away.....

;)
Got any "bad" thoughts of me? Those are more fun! Hoorah! ;)

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:25 AM
you really had good thoughts about lloyd? i don't believe you!
One of these days Alice!...... :stuckup:

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:26 AM
well who are some of the other's you suggest and we can find out if they do want it or not?

And what all does being a mod entail? to help everyone have a better decision on who would be good?

Apparently, it involves sifting through a lot of sh!t, and quickly.

Actually, the best choice would probably be Hayward. He's a professional writer, and has done a lot of editing work, I think. Extremely intelligent. Good with computers/HTML, etc. This kind of person would be ideally suited. Again, getting him to say "yes" tho, I highly doubt.
:(

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:28 AM
Got any "bad" thoughts of me? Those are more fun! Hoorah! ;)

Not so far..But I'm openminded, you know. Got any pics in the gallery?? You've already "seen" me... Also, I like 'em brainy... Can do, then I'm for you... ;)

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:28 AM
Man, that still looks like a bra or weird boobies in your avatar....

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:29 AM
Man, that still looks like a bra or weird boobies in your avatar....

Now, now. Beggars can't be choosers... I LIKE my bra...
;)

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:29 AM
Not so far... Got any pics in the gallery?? You've already "seen" me... Also, I like 'em brainy... Can do, then I'm for you... ;)
I'm Asian, of course I'm brainy. And can do a heck of a job on your laundry; and once you eat me, an hour later you'll want more! ;)

Rosebud
21-01-06, 11:31 AM
Yea, but I think it's more than editing posts... I mean you ahve to read a lot of them to make sure everyone is playing nice and staying on track, but other than I have no idea. I think their a lot of people that would be good, but I don't know if they would be up to getting on here that much to do all of it.

I would think about it, but then again I don't know if I would be a good pick! But at least I can admit it.

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:33 AM
I'm Asian, of course I'm brainy. And can do a heck of a job on your laundry; and once you eat me, an hour later you'll want more! ;)

Hmmm. Been thinking about hiring someone new for my laundry. Do you mind thongs...?

About the brainy part... I'm watching.
;)

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:35 AM
Hmmm. Been thinking about hiring someone new for my laundry. Do you mind thongs...?

About the brainy part... I'm watching.
;)
God Bless You Indi. :love:

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:35 AM

C'mon, Cybog, that's funny, esp from TONE. But it isn't polite, I agree. He should've said "PLEASE, go **** yourself"
;)

indigosoul
21-01-06, 11:36 AM
God Bless You Indi. :love:

You're welcome, honey. Have a nice weekend!

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:37 AM
You too Indi!

alice
21-01-06, 11:39 AM
now, that i've given this some thought: hugo pickle for mod!!!!!!!! that'd guarantee loads of funny arguments.

Lloyd95
21-01-06, 11:41 AM
Damn, I just typed out a whole long thing, and it's gone?!

anyway, RoseBud wouldn't be a bad pick. I'm tired. bye for now.

lilwing89
21-01-06, 02:04 PM
i dont really see any difference it would make in this forum if there was a new moderator. we got like a million.2 already so..

tone is a good advice giver but i find half of his posts to be funny, but nonsense.

shh would make a good one but i dont think she would want it. and which username would you give it to anyways?

prodigal has some great advice to offer. but he isnt on that often.

i say that you also unnassign some moderators of their duty(only the ones that havent been on for a year or so) because they havent gotten on for atleast a year! why would they need to be on the damn thing??

and i know im not moderator material lol. i couldnt just sit here all day and like stare at forums to make sure there is no monkey business! i got shit to do like feed my nintendogs and spend time with my honeybee. and guitar.. pretty much im like all booked up anyways.

either shh or tone. prolly. goodluck you two. be safe mods, dont forget to roll on a condom when you are ****in the forum, and dont forget to squeeze the tip! always wear a helmet when you cross the road because if you fall down it might hurt!

lilwing89
21-01-06, 02:05 PM
and jesus loves you!

Cybog
21-01-06, 02:39 PM
The present mods are Illusional, Keichi, Innova and myself, with Loveadmin obviously as the head honcho.

Innova is pretty much gone altogether and Keichi is always super busy so usually just comes and goes to hand admininstrative stuff. Illusion is a mod mostly because he has been here since Jesus and knows how everything is around here administrative as well.

So, 2 million mods? Hardly.

lilwing89
21-01-06, 02:43 PM
i was being a bit overexxagerative..but you already knew that ya wise chap. :)
reason why i thought there was more was because zekk t strife was a mod and he hadnt visited for like a year or something?? ridiculous.

(hint, jesus is loveadmin)

NeoSeminole
21-01-06, 04:45 PM
shh is the only candidate worthy of mention so far. In every other forum I'm a member of, the moderators represent ideal posters - intelligent, respectful, and mature. Tone, although popular here, seems a bit immature at times. He flirts with anything that wears a skirt and I've witnessed how mean he can be to newbies. Misombra often makes nonsensical posts or criticizes the integrity of a thread without providing any meaningful contribution. Shh has always impressed me from the beginning. Her posts are insightful, courteous, and witty. I believe if she were picked for moderator, no one here would complain.

Cybog
21-01-06, 05:24 PM
oops yes, Zekk too my bad ;P

Kiechi
21-01-06, 06:48 PM
oops yes, Zekk too my bad ;P

These are all the people who are currently mods.

Zekk_T_Strife, squirrley, jane, Illusional, Innova, Killerbabe, Kiechi, Cybog

Cybog
21-01-06, 07:31 PM
Well, I didn't list Jane, Killerbabe, or Squirrley for obvious reasons....I haven't seen any of them do much moderating of any sorts over the past year or so. They are mostly MIA with the occasional update here and there.

alice
21-01-06, 09:58 PM
shh is the only candidate worthy of mention so far. In every other forum I'm a member of, the moderators represent ideal posters - intelligent, respectful, and mature. Tone, although popular here, seems a bit immature at times. He flirts with anything that wears a skirt and I've witnessed how mean he can be to newbies. Misombra often makes nonsensical posts or criticizes the integrity of a thread without providing any meaningful contribution. Shh has always impressed me from the beginning. Her posts are insightful, courteous, and witty. I believe if she were picked for moderator, no one here would complain.
you are right about shh there, but i don't share your opinion about tone and sombra.

tone may be young, yes, but he's not immature, and when has he been mean? in fact, i think he's one of the kindest posters here, and his advice is always full of feeling and sympathy.

sombra is very intelligent her nonsensical or criticizing posts, as you called them, to me only show her reasonable attitude regarding pointless arguments that are going nowhere. and i'd much rather have a moderator that's in for a bit of fun than one who's too damn uptight.

so, in my opinion, each one of them (shh, tone, sombra) would be a good choice. i don't know, though, whether any of them would want the job.

loveadmin
21-01-06, 10:49 PM
Thread moved to "Suggestion, feedback & others" subforum.

misombra
21-01-06, 11:06 PM
i don't really think i'd want to be a mod you guys. it would make coming here more like an obligation than a fun distraction. and like someone else said, i'm not here during the day during the week and there's a big chunk of time where i'm not here. also i feel like i'm already subject to flaming because i am frank and i don't explain sometimes because i feel like some shit doesn't deserve an explaination or the explaination is obvious. all these stupid guys would be writing loveadmin to tell him/her how what a b.itch i am and all that, i can see it already. (it's called mod drama, cybog is dealing with it right now.)

so although i appreciate being considered by the group, i must resign my nomination.

i think tone and shh! would make great mods. the only problem i foresee is that tone isn't around a lot on the weekends and that's when all the spam comes in. shh! is and i think she should say yes and just do it.

vashti
21-01-06, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all the support, but I think being a mod is a good job for a college kid who is more knowledgeable about technology than I. I can barely manage posting on a thread. I think that would leave Tone or RSK, and I think either would be fine.

Everyone has listed all of Tones positive qualities (and I certainly agree with them) so here is a bit of support for RSK.

He always tries to give good advice, and I have never seen him lose his temper, even when provoked. He doesn't take himself too seriously and likes to have fun, and for those who are offended by the flirting (not me, by the way) I can't remember him participating in any. All said, I think he would make a good, fair mod. Furthermore, he has stated several times that he would like to be a mod.

alice
21-01-06, 11:34 PM
but he doesn't seem to like us anymore. :(
he hasn't showed up for three days now. i miss him.

vashti
21-01-06, 11:55 PM
Nah - it is probably only temporary. He often goes away for short periods of time, and then he is back.

Lloyd95
22-01-06, 02:31 AM
+1 for RSK (or tone).

misombra
22-01-06, 03:07 AM
we should have two more moderators. we'll have four of five active mods and there will be more of a chance that at least mod will be here most of the time, leaving them more free to have fun rather than moderate all the time.

misombra
22-01-06, 03:09 AM
and i think rsk could be a good moderator. but i think a female mod would be good too.

indigosoul
22-01-06, 05:12 AM
i think tone and shh! would make great mods. the only problem i foresee is that tone isn't around a lot on the weekends and that's when all the spam comes in. shh! is and i think she should say yes and just do it.

...Jobshare, Shh and Tone?? Works in other areas. And who says there can only be one more mod?? If both accept, then it will lighten the load for all the mods. Cybog might actually get a much needed day off...

I also think RSK would also be a good choice. He'd be quite responsible, I think, given the chance. I think that a lot of his "silly threads" are boredom. As a parent, I will tell you that when kids are bored, you give them a JOB so they don't have time for trouble...
;)

tooxshort
22-01-06, 05:53 AM
i dont agree on the latter ...

but i do agree on Misombra, Tone, and Shh! ... but I do believe it would take the fun out of posting if they gotta look out for jerks like me all the time ...

Lloyd95
22-01-06, 06:00 AM
I agree, like misombra said, being a mod takes all the fun out of it.

RSK
22-01-06, 10:04 AM
First of all, thx for the kind words above :)

Alice, that's complete nonesense! There is no reason for me to not like ANYONE on this forum. Where did that one come from?

As far as Mod considerations go. I (personaly) think that the nominations should go to, Tone, misombra, or Shh! (or Vashti).

And I'll tell you all why:

Tone: Tone is virtually synonomous with LF. For the relatively short time he has been here, he has contributed to BOTH the Loveforum AND Funforum. He gives great advice, and is a likable person. His humerous and easy going personality is reflected in his posts, and I see him doing a GREAT job as Mod.

Misombra: Well, I'm sure that misombra was the FIRST name to pop into everyones mind. I'd like her as Mod, because I can see her being a disciplinarian. I mean this in a good way. She also knows what fair is, and I see her drawing the line when appropriate.

Shh!: If Tone is considered the 'cool cousin' of LF, then Shh! is DEFINATELY the 'mother' of LF. Again, I mean that in the best possible way. She is reasonable, smart, and the FIRST person I'd PM if I needed advice on something.

As far as MY nomination goes:

Well, it's no secret that I've wanted to be MOD since the day I joined this forum. I had it on my sig, and I announced it once, every 15-20 posts I made...

Reasons I can make a Good Mod (IMHO):

I am on here (almost everyday) except when I'm not here (usually lasts for days)

It will give me an opportunity to be responsible - I need something like this.

I am passionate about LF, and the reasons for a forum like this to exist.

Reasons I can't make a Good Mod (IMHO):

I spend too much time in the Fun Forum, and hardly EVER in the Love Forum

Some people here REALLY REALLY don't like me (I've recieved outrageous PMs in the past)

Well, that's it. Having said that, I'd only want to be considered, if the above three members absoultely do NOT want to be Mod. If ONE of them DOES, then THAT person should be make MOD... :)

I really like this place (as I've said before), and of course, I want to grow old and grey (like whaywardj) and still post on here, and tell you stories about my Grandchildren. And for a place like LF to STILL be around, I'd DEFINATELY want the best qualified Mods based on past posts, and CONTRIBUTIONS made to what this place is all aboout...

...based on THAT alone, Tone, Misombra, and Shh! are ALL GO for me :)

EDIT: Ok, I've just read this thread, and I believe both misombra and shh! have turned down their nomination...if this is the case, then I'm all for Tone.

This ROCKS! I feel like I am Robert De Nero, and Tone is Joe Pesci. And we are in the Move, Goodfellas. We are at the scene were Tone is about to be a Made Man (a Mod, or Boss), and Robert De Nero (Me) who could NEVER be a 'Made Man', because he had Irish Blood feels like one of 'em made it.

:goofy:

nomas
22-01-06, 11:10 AM
I wonder...if risky is made a moderator, would he be obligated to delete his own posts? That would be a job and a half.

Needless to say I'm with tooxshort one the anti-vote, but considering that the hierarchy is made up of intelligent individuals, I trust there is relative safety in a a better choice for a mod than risky.

Although..there doesn't seem to be a profile for moderators. If I was to make a list of criteria for moderators I would put heavy emphasis on attitude and intelligence. Other factors: maturity, participation (in the recent history), and relative seniority.

Having said this, I agree with many of the choices mentioned: Misombra, and Shh! probably top my list. They score highly in all of my criteria. Others: Tooxshort, Lloyd, Tone. Though Tone draws great parallels to Quiche, in my opinion, and if I was selecting mods I guess I'd prefer to get some diversity in and would go with the other choices first (sorry, Tone).

But plus points for Tone is that he's the only one who hasn't (atleast on this thread) turned down the job before it was even offered.

Come on, Sombra, and Vishnu..what's the big deal? I think you're pulling some false modesty in saying "oh, no, not me..don't give ME more power..I don't want it". Bullshit. Everybody wants it. Risky is the only one openly honest about that one. But that's the minus points you get with openly admitting it. But we're all being mature about this now. If you're the best candidate, why leave it to someone inferior to do it? If you have the opportunity to do your part to improve on something, I say do it..even if it implies greater responsibility...remember Uncle Ben's advice "with great power comes great responsibility". Don't leave it to someone less qualified if you are being serious about not wanting the job, and if it's false modesty, like I suggested, cut it out.

I'll lead:

My reason for not listing Frisbee, Hayward, Arty, and myself in the top candidacy: we don't satisfy the "participation (in recent history)" element. Otherwise I think any of us would be up there as good nominations. Yet, as someone suggested, mods seem to be appointed for life, like supreme court justices...even if they're never around anymore, or only minimally so. I think this isn't much help to Cybog to have another one of these, which is what we'd be since none of us are in the routine of being here often enough in the recent past. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you I don't want the "power" or that I'd reject the offer. I think I'd have more to offer as a mod than a risky, so like I said, better me than him is my philosophy. Honesty is better than false modesty.

But I wouldn't mind a refresher on what the duties of the mods are because I'm basing what I'm saying on what I think a mod does..I may be way off and risky may, in fact, be the prime candidate.

...but I doubt it.

RSK
22-01-06, 11:38 AM
I wonder...if risky is made a moderator, would he be obligated to delete his own posts? That would be a job and a half.

Needless to say I'm with tooxshort one the anti-vote, but considering that the hierarchy is made up of intelligent individuals, I trust there is relative safety in a a better choice for a mod than risky.

Although..there doesn't seem to be a profile for moderators. If I was to make a list of criteria for moderators I would put heavy emphasis on attitude and intelligence. Other factors: maturity, participation (in the recent history), and relative seniority.

Having said this, I agree with many of the choices mentioned: Misombra, and Shh! probably top my list. They score highly in all of my criteria. Others: Tooxshort, Lloyd, Tone. Though Tone draws great parallels to Quiche, in my opinion, and if I was selecting mods I guess I'd prefer to get some diversity in and would go with the other choices first (sorry, Tone).

But plus points for Tone is that he's the only one who hasn't (atleast on this thread) turned down the job before it was even offered.

Come on, Sombra, and Vishnu..what's the big deal? I think you're pulling some false modesty in saying "oh, no, not me..don't give ME more power..I don't want it". Bullshit. Everybody wants it. Risky is the only one openly honest about that one. But that's the minus points you get with openly admitting it. But we're all being mature about this now. If you're the best candidate, why leave it to someone inferior to do it? If you have the opportunity to do your part to improve on something, I say do it..even if it implies greater responsibility...remember Uncle Ben's advice "with great power comes great responsibility". Don't leave it to someone less qualified if you are being serious about not wanting the job, and if it's false modesty, like I suggested, cut it out.

I'll lead:

My reason for not listing Frisbee, Hayward, Arty, and myself in the top candidacy: we don't satisfy the "participation (in recent history)" element. Otherwise I think any of us would be up there as good nominations. Yet, as someone suggested, mods seem to be appointed for life, like supreme court justices...even if they're never around anymore, or only minimally so. I think this isn't much help to Cybog to have another one of these, which is what we'd be since none of us are in the routine of being here often enough in the recent past. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you I don't want the "power" or that I'd reject the offer. I think I'd have more to offer as a mod than a risky, so like I said, better me than him is my philosophy. Honesty is better than false modesty.

But I wouldn't mind a refresher on what the duties of the mods are because I'm basing what I'm saying on what I think a mod does..I may be way off and risky may, in fact, be the prime candidate.

...but I doubt it.

WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements...

It's funny how you correlate being Mod to having 'Power'. Sure, being Mod, you are able to 'delete' posts and move them, and what not. But my definition of Mod, is someone who can create an enviornment for EVERYONE, and keep as many people 'happy' at the same time (which is probably next to impossible).

I don't think misombra and shh! want what you call 'Power', and I think they are genuinely not interested in the Job...

...what makes you think people are decieving?

I believe TONE is the last person standing. And I simply noted that if he doesn't want it, then I wouldn't mind doing the job. And I will do it to my best ability. If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'll still be here, as long as this plac is running. And it's only going to be 'running' if Mods know how to moderate...

...and in my books, Tone is one of those people.

nomas
22-01-06, 12:44 PM
WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements...

I only care to correct you on two points here: I am not a judge and I pass no judgement. I have opinions and I express them. Two, 2000 post's worth (not including the many posts cybog had to delete) is hardly "too quick" relative to the medium where we coexist and forge our opinions about one another.

It's funny how you correlate being Mod to having 'Power'. Sure, being Mod, you are able to 'delete' posts and move them, and what not.

Here's another point against you. I think you were more interested in scanning my choice of words for any technicality you can use as ammunition to throw something in my face. I stand by my choice of words because I directed my post toward those intelligent enough not to read literal meanings where they know damn well the interpretation should be more analytical. You knew exactly what I meant and didn't mean, too, because you got closer in the second sentence.

But my definition of Mod, is someone who can create an enviornment for EVERYONE, and keep as many people 'happy' at the same time (which is probably next to impossible).

We have a difference of opinion. I already asked for clarification on the job of the moderator but I am NOT under the impression that a mod tries to keep people happy. I think this is a badly deluded vision and certainly not what I see our current active mods doing. I sure as hell don't see cybog and illusional out trying to make people happy...and I don't want to see it.

I don't think misombra and shh! want what you call 'Power', and I think they are genuinely not interested in the Job...

...what makes you think people are decieving?

I already told you what I thought here and why I think it.

I believe TONE is the last person standing. And I simply noted that if he doesn't want it, then I wouldn't mind doing the job. And I will do it to my best ability. If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'll still be here, as long as this plac is running. And it's only going to be 'running' if Mods know how to moderate...

...and in my books, Tone is one of those people.

I never questioned your intentions. I never said you were a bad guy/girl. You and eye simply don't see eye to eye, that's all. I think you've got some growing up to do, but this doesn't say anything about any evil in your soul. Quite the contrary. I believe you are probably a very good natured individual, but I really don't want to get into a one on one with you. I have chosen to ignore you in the past and will probably continue to do so for the most part. Simply put, I feel we're at different levels and I don't like to waste mine or other people's time senselessly.

indigosoul
22-01-06, 12:50 PM
WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements....

Actually, RSK, this isn't true. _I_ said that Nomas would make a good mod...

It's hard. B/c many of the more thoughtful posters can't/won't do it. I agree w/you RSK on this one; its not false modesty thats making them say "no".

I agree that Tone seems to be the best choice. It would be nice to hear what he thinks. Unless he has chosen to abstain from influencing things for some reason...

RSK
22-01-06, 12:58 PM
I only care to correct you on two points here: I am not a judge and I pass no judgement. I have opinions and I express them. Two, 2000 post's worth (not including the many posts cybog had to delete) is hardly "too quick" relative to the medium where we coexist and forge our opinions about one another.

Here's another point against you. I think you were more interested in scanning my choice of words for any technicality you can use as ammunition to throw something in my face. I stand by my choice of words because I directed my post toward those intelligent enough not to read literal meanings where they know damn well the interpretation should be more analytical. You knew exactly what I meant and didn't mean, too, because you got closer in the second sentence.

We have a difference of opinion. I already asked for clarification on the job of the moderator but I am NOT under the impression that a mod tries to keep people happy. I think this is a badly deluded vision and certainly not what I see our current active mods doing. I sure as hell don't see cybog and illusional out trying to make people happy...and I don't want to see it.

I already told you what I thought here and why I think it.

I never questioned your intentions. I never said you were a bad guy/girl. You and eye simply don't see eye to eye, that's all. I think you've got some growing up to do, but this doesn't say anything about any evil in your soul. Quite the contrary. I believe you are probably a very good natured individual, but I really don't want to get into a one on one with you. I have chosen to ignore you in the past and will probably continue to do so for the most part. Simply put, I feel we're at different levels and I don't like to waste mine or other people's time senselessly.

wow! i actually agree with you :)

i have NOTHING to add

Tone
22-01-06, 06:32 PM
I've said it all along:

I vote RSK for mod in '06.

(PS>> RK why do you get to be De Niro???)

alice
22-01-06, 07:50 PM
Alice, that's complete nonesense! There is no reason for me to not like
i was kidding, only making a statement that you are being missed.

As far as MY nomination goes:

Well, it's no secret that I've wanted to be MOD since the day I joined this forum. I had it on my sig, and I announced it once, every 15-20 posts I made...

Reasons I can make a Good Mod (IMHO):

I am on here (almost everyday) except when I'm not here (usually lasts for days)

It will give me an opportunity to be responsible - I need something like this.

I am passionate about LF, and the reasons for a forum like this to exist.

This ROCKS! I feel like I am Robert De Nero, and Tone is Joe Pesci. And we are in the Move, Goodfellas. We are at the scene were Tone is about to be a Made Man (a Mod, or Boss), and Robert De Nero (Me) who could NEVER be a 'Made Man', because he had Irish Blood feels like one of 'em made it.

you've got my vote then. i don't care about the reasons you gave, why you'd not be a good mod. only the fact, that you don't know how to spell robert de niro might make me reconsider this. ;)

RSK
22-01-06, 09:25 PM
lol alice!

btw, alice and Tone, thx............

.........but in my heart, my vote goes to, Tone. There's no one else BETTER cut out for the job ;)

alice
22-01-06, 09:40 PM
(PS>> RK why do you get to be De Nero???)
tone doesn't know how to spell him, either.

haha, nice try, tone, but i've seen your post before you edited it. (and i need to make up for the math-thing)
btw, my vote goes to anyone, who will delete that damn maths-threat, once he's mod.

Squirrley2
22-01-06, 09:43 PM
K Squirrley here, as a Mod, let me say, it was fun in the beginning, having the so called "power" to do things. But it gets boring after awhile and you do miss things cause youre so busy having to take care of other things that idiots say or do. However, alot has changed this past year and theres hardly the BS there use to be.

I dont mind being booted off as a mod because Im not around here anymore. Some of us come and go in spurts. Id go to the secret room but uh, i kinda forgot my password from 2 and years ago.

As for new mods, goodluck to whoever gets it! And have fun.

Tone
22-01-06, 10:45 PM
tone doesn't know how to spell him, either.

haha, nice try, tone, but i've seen your post before you edited it. (and i need to make up for the math-thing)
btw, my vote goes to anyone, who will delete that damn maths-threat, once he's mod.
DAMN! You got me!

What gave it away? Was it the 3 hour difference in between when I first posted and the edit or the fact that the edit came 5 mins after you made the post correcting the spelling?!

alice
22-01-06, 10:47 PM
the former.

misombra
22-01-06, 10:47 PM
hi guys.
______

Tone
22-01-06, 10:48 PM
Question - if I had MOD powers would I be able to 'hide' that? And ban alice (or anyone) who tried to correct me without addressing me as "master"???

Tone
22-01-06, 10:49 PM
hi guys.
______
aye mami!!

misombra
22-01-06, 10:49 PM
sure, only if you want the boss-lady to kick you square in the ass.

misombra
22-01-06, 10:50 PM
what's up baby?

alice
Question - if I had MOD powers would I be able to 'hide' that? And ban alice (or anyone) who tried to correct me without addressing me as "master"???
of course. that's what being a mod's all about. or what else would make anyone wanna be one? ;)

Tone
sure, only if you want the boss-lady to kick you square in the ass.

Could I defer to just a plain spanking from boss-lady?

misombra
22-01-06, 10:51 PM
only if you're naughty.

Tone
22-01-06, 10:55 PM
Damn I don't know how to do that!

Hey what are you doing up so early?

I haven't been to sleep and am not gonna.

alice
22-01-06, 10:56 PM
so you are being naughty already. but you are just hijacking this thread, in case you haven't noticed.

Tone
22-01-06, 10:58 PM
I know I was just about to say we better get back on topic.

K back on topic:

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

misombra
22-01-06, 10:59 PM
oh yeah!

tone and rsk. final answer.

RSK
22-01-06, 11:31 PM
lol Tone...

...I'll only be Mod if you do it with me (lol, ok you ALL know what i mean!)

if i'm mod alone, then that would suck. because i'd be an easy target. it we did it together, then it would be much better.

if only ONE person has to do it, then it HAS TO BE YOU!

misombra
22-01-06, 11:33 PM
it had to be you
it had to be you
i wandered around around
and finally found
somebody whooooooooo
could make me be true
and could make me be blue
and even be glad just to be sad
thinking of youuuuuuuuuuuu

Lloyd95
23-01-06, 12:23 AM
Shh!: If Tone is considered the 'cool cousin' of LF, then Shh! is DEFINATELY the 'mother' of LF.
QFT. :D

Lloyd95
23-01-06, 12:24 AM

Got a little "blonde" in ya huh RK?

tooxshort
23-01-06, 02:37 AM
I know I was just about to say we better get back on topic.

K back on topic:

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

RSK for mod!

You've got to be kidding me ...

RSK
23-01-06, 04:17 AM
you know what..........

.......fcuk the bullshit! i decline my nomination.

- It's Official -

i just wanna thank everyone who supported my fat ass in the entire process!

thx!

tooxshort
23-01-06, 05:32 AM
dont get so irked about it ... i wasnt really nominated to be a mod ...

least u had some support ...

RSK
23-01-06, 05:37 AM
lol tooxshort............

........i'll nominate you :)

i hereby nominate tooxshort, to be considered Mod '06...

on a serious note, he HAS been a long serving member, and he DOES have some of the coolest pics in the gallery...

...based on these facts alone, he should at least be consdered!

i also think he has made MANY MANY contributions to the asians thread!

he would make a great Mod.

tooxshort
23-01-06, 05:49 AM
Well, thanks for trying, RSK ...

but do you hear the crickets?? haha

im not here enough to serve as a mod ... not even close ...

vashti
23-01-06, 05:53 AM
I would support you being mod, shorty. I just didn't think you'd want to.

RSK
23-01-06, 05:54 AM
Well, thanks for trying, RSK ...

but do you hear the crickets?? haha

im not here enough to serve as a mod ... not even close ...

i don't hear ANY crickets. only the commentary on CBS, and some fans shouting, and the ceiling fan swooshing above me. and the ac generator that just kicked in. not to mention some kids playing football outiside. No Cricket noises here!

well, would you be willing to show up more? and take responsibility? do you have the dedication, motivation, and resilience to clean the forums?

if so, then i'll consider you 'second' to Tone... (i'm just being honest about it)

Illusional
24-01-06, 04:51 PM
hrmm...being that there was a squirt2, i nominate that we nominate the raverboy808. he has an account somewhere that i have to dig up anyways.

raverboy

Illusional
24-01-06, 04:53 PM
speaking of which, one thing that i forgot to mention. someone stated that it was a mod's job to keep the general public happy. well we are like politicians, brib us and maybe you'll get what you want, but if we are grumpy, then you can lick my nut sacks. hrmm...now that is a visual for everyone huh? j/k.

me personally, i'm not here to baby you and keep you entertained on the forum. i'm here to just watch over our members and the board. i'm a supporter of free speach which is why i let a lot of the discussions on here happen. as long as the most of you feel relaxed on the forums after a hard day of work, then my job is accomplished.

raverboy

Raverboy808
24-01-06, 05:10 PM
i feel that if anyone should be nominated for a mod position, it should be me dammit. i've been here longer than most of the regualars who just gossip.

raverboy

RSK
24-01-06, 11:16 PM
this topic is boring now, sorry Raverboy808, but the train has allready left......

alice
24-01-06, 11:25 PM
has it? damn, i missed it.
i think it'd be a very clever move to have one person serve as two mods we wouldn't have to argue everything twice then.

Rosebud
25-01-06, 02:40 AM
i feel that if anyone should be nominated for a mod position, it should be me dammit. i've been here longer than most of the regualars who just gossip.

raverboy

Ok, now why do you have two screen names?

Illusional
25-01-06, 05:48 AM
umm... i signed up with the other sn because i knew some idiot would eventually take it. about a year or so ago, someone started to log on with the "Raverboy" sn.

raverboy

Tone
25-01-06, 05:55 AM
When do I get my badge?

alice
25-01-06, 07:50 AM
what badge? the "kiss me, i don't know the first thing about maths" badge?

Tone
26-01-06, 03:38 AM
what badge? the "kiss me, i don't know the first thing about maths" badge?
Ouch alice, I thought we were pals???

Rosebud
26-01-06, 03:47 AM
So are you accepting the new job as Mod Tone?

Tone
26-01-06, 03:49 AM
Sure, I'll do my best to help LF.

I really want it bad right now just to shut that 'findyourlove' spammer up.

Rosebud
26-01-06, 03:50 AM
I hear that!!! I sent him a Pm telling him to knock it off! That's annoying!

vashti
26-01-06, 05:29 AM
Have you been asked to be a mod, Tone?

Tone
26-01-06, 05:54 AM
No, ma'am.

Tone
26-01-06, 06:02 AM
Wait - did you actually think they would want me as a mod???

LOL shh!!

alice
26-01-06, 06:04 AM
you could scold yourself then for derailing threads.

Tone
26-01-06, 06:06 AM
Hey I missed some of this...

tone is a good advice giver but i find half of his posts to be funny, but nonsense.
You got me there! :D

Though Tone draws great parallels to Quiche, in my opinion
Now what is THAT suppose to mean!?

Converse
26-01-06, 06:24 AM
Tone for mod!

This reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite again, "Vote for Tone, he has some sweet hook ups" haha.

indigosoul
26-01-06, 06:34 AM
Good heavens, is this thread STILL active???

I think that the general forum has spoken:

Tone = Mod material

Now its up to the powers that be....

Kiechi
26-01-06, 06:36 AM
Now what is THAT suppose to mean!?

Exactly :O

nomas
26-01-06, 09:06 AM
it means I see a lot of parallels between you two. You're both in your late teens, if I'm correct. You both contribute to this forum in a mature manner. You're both asian. Okay, that last one was just a joke. Ethnicities mean little to me other than a source for fun stereotype jokes and to celebrate differences.

But that's all I meant. By no means do I mean you're the same person..just that you probably would contribute about at the same level as mods, is all.

Rosebud
26-01-06, 09:13 AM
Tone is 23! lol.... hahaha

nomas
26-01-06, 09:16 AM
my mistake. Why do I think you're younger, Tony?? Hmm...maybe you just look younger in your pics..

Cybog
26-01-06, 10:27 AM
Thread closed. We won't be adding a new mod to the team at the current moment. Thanks for all the input guys, but we have a few old mods that are going to come back / step up a little.

Illusional
30-01-06, 05:41 PM
closed?? i'm 4 days too late...

raverboy