PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Threads

Rosebud
24-01-06, 04:26 AM
I have a question to all the mods.

Does it help any when we report threads that are just spam or whatever? I mean I know you guys have to look through a lot of threads but does it make your job an easier when we do this, or does it not matter?

TAVS
24-01-06, 04:51 AM
I'm sure it makes their life easier. I think they have an option to see all reported threads. I report whenever I can.

Rosebud
24-01-06, 04:58 AM
I do too.. And I know I've reported a lot of threads so I was hoping I wasn't giving them more work to do!

Cybog
24-01-06, 03:54 PM
Yes it does help. It saves us the hassle of having to sift through everything if we already know which threads are spam. We catch most of them anyhow, gut it definitely gives us a heads up.

Illusional
24-01-06, 04:28 PM
yes it does help us rose. for me, i think that i check my email much more than i do the forums basically because it takes less time. lately with all the time that i spend working, i don't have enough time to get all my drinking in, and reporting threads does help us. keep up the good work.

raverboy

Rosebud
25-01-06, 02:57 AM
LOL, funny Illusional! Well good to know it helps! And I know the only stuff we are supposed to report are spam! But I was thinking, if we keep an eye out for stuff that needs to get deleted as well and we report it that could help even more! :)

alice
25-01-06, 03:14 AM
yes it does help us rose. for me, i think that i check my email much more than i do the forums basically because it takes less time. lately with all the time that i spend working, i don't have enough time to get all my drinking in, and reporting threads does help us. keep up the good work.

so you get an email if one of us clicks the report-button? do all of you get all the reports at the same time? and does it really take less time to read and delete like 10 or more emails reporting the same thing?

Illusional
25-01-06, 05:45 AM
i believe that all the mods get the same email for each reported thread.

raverboy

Cybog
25-01-06, 10:33 AM
When I get home I check my email about as often as I do the forums, so either way I am checking all of the new threads. The emails just sorta give me a "heads up" that there is some crap on the boards. A lot of times one of the other guys has it taken care of before I get to it though :P

Rosebud
25-01-06, 10:50 AM
OK so we can't really help anymore than we already do? :)

Cybog
25-01-06, 11:18 AM
Unless you want my number?

RSK
25-01-06, 11:33 AM
(555) 555-8260

Call Me

Tell the guy on the line you wanna speak to Anthony. And if Anthony is not there, tell 'em to hook you up with Paulie...

Tell Paulie you wanna word with the Don...

...and then, the Don will put you through to me.

EDIT: i read below post, and i am changing the number now..........

.........HAHHAHAHAH, looks like someone allready did it for me :)

i was also gonna put the 555 thing, like they do in Hollywood!

just to let you know, it was a Godfathers Pizza place.......lol

Cybog
25-01-06, 11:36 AM
haha don't post yours or anyone else's number on a public forum RSK, you would just be asking for trouble.

loveadmin
25-01-06, 04:04 PM
I have a question to all the mods.

Does it help any when we report threads that are just spam or whatever? I mean I know you guys have to look through a lot of threads but does it make your job an easier when we do this, or does it not matter?

It help alot :) This lessen our work load significantly. I had to thanks to the regulars for taking the time to report these bad eggs.

Rosebud
26-01-06, 02:22 AM
Unless you want my number?

Cybog, was that a joke? OMG, I think it was... :)

alice
26-01-06, 03:29 AM
maybe we (i.e. the members) could agree to state something like "reported" (as lloyd just has) when we do a report. that would prevent the same post being reported a dozen times.

Rosebud
26-01-06, 04:31 AM
maybe we (i.e. the members) could agree to state something like "reported" (as lloyd just has) when we do a report. that would prevent the same post being reported a dozen times.

Up until now, nobody ever did that before ( write reported in their post) but now that we know there are so many emails generated by reporting these I think that will help a lot!

Lloyd95
26-01-06, 04:35 AM
Give credit where credit is due; I saw TAVS do it first.