PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System

Junket
08-07-06, 01:40 PM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the reputation system, admittedly mostly because wanks keep detracting from mine, and I know that most people aren't gonna go through the hassle of giving me good feedback even when I am helpful. Is there a way to shut it off, or is it universal for everybody?

King Zarathu
08-07-06, 03:21 PM
It's universal for everybody. Loveadmin thinks you have low self-esteem.

Junket
08-07-06, 11:30 PM
It's universal for everybody. Loveadmin thinks you have low self-esteem.
Couldn't be any farther from the truth.

I suppose it was more the idea of people looking at my rep. and automatically prejudging me based off that, that bothered me.

But I suppose it doesn't really matter considering fresh cuts won't know any better anyway.

King Zarathu
09-07-06, 02:04 AM
Heh.. yeah, I don't think it really matters. The reputation system is very inaccurate anyway--just look at how much vashti has. ;)

Tedel
25-10-07, 03:50 AM
I don't understand this reputation thing... I have received two little green squares according to my control panel, but I don't know who placed them there or if I will be any more anything.

Is it useful? I mean, when getting 10 squares, will I get a free night at the Marriot's Honeymoon Suite or what :D :)

Gigabitch
25-10-07, 03:52 AM
No. Nobody really pays attention to that.

squirrley
25-10-07, 04:47 AM
I was curious about that too. Not that it matters, Ive been in here long enough to know people dont really pay attention to it. But what the hell does it signify?

wait if i can accumulate enough squares, Id like a free trip to see Raver and play strip poker!

IndiReloaded
25-10-07, 04:55 AM
Is that what the green bars are? I thought it was to do w/my internet signal strength, so I keep wiggling my laptop around to make it better.

;)

Gigabitch
25-10-07, 04:56 AM
I thought it was my horniness level.

squirrley
25-10-07, 04:58 AM
OMFG GIga, Im dying lauging at that one! If that were the case Id need 2 pages of those green bars! Im ALWAYS HORNY!!!!!!

IndiReloaded
25-10-07, 05:03 AM

Giga, when I get back down to NM, we are so getting together for tag-team Ultimate. We'll be ****ing unbeatable, lol!

Gigabitch
25-10-07, 05:10 AM
Giga, when I get back down to NM, we are so getting together for tag-team Ultimate. We'll be ****ing unbeatable, lol!

As long as you're actually talking about frisbee and not man-swapping, I'm down with it.

IndiReloaded
25-10-07, 05:14 AM
As long as you're actually talking about frisbee and not man-swapping, I'm down with it.

Okay, is that a new term for swinging now, too? Lol.

No swapping, I'm sorta swearing off men after this one, but I'd be into sending him down for a few weeks of 'retraining' (cough) regular beatings (cough).

Junket
25-10-07, 05:22 AM
1.) you're all dirtying my thread with sex

2.) I'm up for some Ultimate

Tedel
25-10-07, 10:15 PM
lmao! :emot76:

misombra
25-10-07, 10:33 PM
you guys are silly.

Illusional
28-10-07, 02:52 AM
dammit.. so does the bar really resemble the horniness level?? goddammit, does that mean i can't even get my shit up to 2 bars?? i'm pathetic and feeling very limp at the moment.

[edit]

ok so after making this post, i realized that i actually go have two bars... now let's see if i can get to three.

raverboy

IndiReloaded
28-10-07, 08:02 AM
There's a lovely message on those green bars if you leave your cursor over them for a bit... patience little grasshoppers. ;)

Illusional
28-10-07, 05:16 PM
i still only have two green bars... i think that vash has sold her soul to LA.

raverboy

misombra
28-10-07, 10:17 PM
There's a lovely message on those green bars if you leave your cursor over them for a bit... patience little grasshoppers. ;)

wow i had no idea! where have i been?

mine says i'll be famous soon enough. thank gawd, i'm tired of being poor.

Illusional
29-10-07, 05:59 AM
mine said, "bring the F word back or the forum will fall into the depths of hell"

raverboy

IndiReloaded
30-10-07, 02:22 AM
wow i had no idea! where have i been?

Lol, nevermind. Its just that I notice things. Happens to me IRL all the time too. Its a gift, I suppose. ;)

Gigabitch
30-10-07, 02:43 AM
Lol, nevermind. Its just that I notice things. Happens to me IRL all the time too. Its a gift, I suppose.

I doubt it brings you much joy. Don't you think you might like to try that whole "ignorance is bliss" thing out? I sure do. let's start smoking pot, shall we?

IndiReloaded
30-10-07, 03:00 AM
"bliss" out? I sure do. let's start smoking pot, shall we?

LOL, here's what I saw in your post! How hippy of you, Giga. :D

Actually, it doesn't much bother me anymore. It used to, but I've got a pretty good filter now. For most things, as regards other ppl, I realized part of life is finding stuff out for yourself. Others really don't want to know stuff until they are ready for it. In fact, I think that's the order of the causality: they can already see everything, but they aren't ready to SEE it, you know? And that's one of those rare things that someone else can't teach you.

LOL, I haven't done pot in years... yes, come to Vancouver soon Giga. We have SuperPot here. I'm game. ;)

eXeSSum
03-11-07, 07:59 PM
im 100% against the system cause some people just go for it nd type as many post as possible then you start having the following problem posts start loosing their depth

but then again im just a little nubbit

bliSS im located in belguim 20 miles from holland legal here but aint doing it anymore

greets eXeSSum

Moonchild
04-11-07, 01:29 PM
I don't even /understand/ the system. Where's the instruction manual?