At what age do you consider a woman to be "past it " ? [Archive] - Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : At what age do you consider a woman to be "past it " ?

lin
13-09-06, 08:22 AM
Just wondered ... how old are you and what age do you think a woman is too old for you ?

joe1234
13-09-06, 08:46 AM
I think i know what he means...listen man, you want something fresher than cooked cabbage( sorry ladies)

King Zarathu
13-09-06, 08:50 AM
Too old is exactly 36. Any age other than 36 is fine.

vashti
13-09-06, 12:02 PM
I think i know what he means...listen man, you want something fresher than cooked cabbage( sorry ladies)

...and something smarter than a turnip...

...and old enough to know what they are doing...

joe1234
13-09-06, 12:09 PM
so...you want something around mid 20s?

vashti
13-09-06, 12:13 PM
Me? Hell no. I don't want to train him.

King Zarathu
13-09-06, 12:14 PM
Vashti has already been trained. :baby:

Gigabitch
14-09-06, 03:23 AM
Twice your age plus four is probably too old, whippersnapper.

TyRuK
14-09-06, 04:46 AM
I'd say maybe 15 years older than one is pushing it.

vashti
14-09-06, 05:34 AM
Twice your age plus four is probably too old, whippersnapper.

I think half my age minus four is too young.

King Zarathu
14-09-06, 05:35 AM
I think half my age minus four is too young.
Wrong.

Twice your age plus four is probably too old
Correct, but wrong because you said it.

lin
14-09-06, 05:59 AM
Haha , I can see why you're all taking the piss . I haven't explained what I meant . I'm not sure I know how to ??!!

I think I'm just interested in knowing at what age a woman is considered to not be young and sexy any more ?
I'm asking because I'm 37 and I've noticed lately that men's attitudes to me seem to be slightly different in the last year or so .

On Saturday night I got a taxi back from a night out and struck up a conversation
with the driver . He asked me where I had worked so I told him ( going back over a number of years ) He said he was surprised because when I got in the car he thought I was young but from what I had told him I must be older than he had originally thought . Then he said that I was "looking good ", but in a you're looking good for someone of such a great age ! lol .

I've had a few comments like this from men who are in their mid to late 20's .

I am aware aswell that as someone newly single , that for the first time I feel that I need to know a man's age incase they are too young for me . This has never even occurred to me until now .

Still making no sense ?? I'm sorry ;-)

vashti
14-09-06, 06:21 AM
A lot of men seem to think that once you hit 30, you wake up hideous the next morning.

Good luck with the dating, and prepare yourself for the possibility that you may have to consider dating men who are older than you. Men our age often want to date girls in their 20s. I think they find them less intimidating and also give them the illusion that they are still young men.

Henry123
14-09-06, 07:01 AM
Serious I would say in their early 40's. (Thats just my opinion)
I have met some older women that treated me pretty well. (even though the relationship never went to far for various reasons) I like the long discussions with older women. There are some older women who have taken very good care of themselves. Which I find to be very cool.

vashti
14-09-06, 07:03 AM
Of course, the CORRECT answer to this question is always 10 years older than the person who asks it.

Henry123
14-09-06, 07:07 AM
For me even if she's even slightly older than 10 years but is in good shape and treats me well. I'm still cool with it.

Gigabitch
14-09-06, 02:32 PM
Lin, I'm 38 and I don't think it's a problem- still getting plenty of attention. I think it's mostly attitude, anyway. I'm more confident now than I was when I was 22 and I think I attract better men, too.

You need to have a hot affair. Start those pheremones up. Too bad the Polish guy was married.

lin
15-09-06, 05:10 AM
My ex was 6 years younger than me . I don't think (?) that he ever looked younger than me . I always had a slight fear of waking up one day looking like his elderly aunt ( We lasted 11 years together ) . I'd quite like to meet someone nearer my age ... I like men my own age .

Yes it's a shame about the Polish guy ... it's taught me a valuable lesson though . I'm very out of practice at this kind of thing , perhaps I needed to be shown that people can be very nice .. and be hiding huge chunks of their life from me . In fact he hadn't mentioned the " married " thing to anyone at work .

vashti
15-09-06, 05:20 AM
Lin, I'm 38 and I don't think it's a problem- still getting plenty of attention. I think it's mostly attitude, anyway. I'm more confident now than I was when I was 22 and I think I attract better men, too..

Wow! This is good news! Men in California are apparently more shallow than they are where you live. I am telling all my single friends to move to New Mexico!!

Henry123
15-09-06, 08:43 AM
Anyone ever watch those Bowflex commercials?
They had this oine with awoman whose in her 50's but she looked young like hell and looked hot terrific. Something to inspire to.

Yeah they even had this older guy (I forget his age) but he has taken good care of himself and had ripped hard muscles.

Gigabitch
15-09-06, 11:34 PM
Wow! This is good news! Men in California are apparently more shallow than they are where you live. I am telling all my single friends to move to New Mexico!!

They're famous for it. They're known for trading their 40-year-old in on two 20-year-olds.

vashti
15-09-06, 11:57 PM
They're famous for it. They're known for trading their 40-year-old in on two 20-year-olds.

Yeah, stupidly I thought it was just a myth that it happens more here than anywhere else...

misombra
16-09-06, 12:55 AM
nope. l.a. is the mecca of vanity.

new mexico is WAAAAAAAAY more laid back. come.

vashti
16-09-06, 01:55 AM
I'm going, that's all there is to it.

hal24
18-09-06, 03:56 AM
oh my god yeah that bowflex woman is so hot. a friendly acquaintance of mine, his mom is 44(not that this in any way is old,lol) is one of the prettiest women in the whole town. sooo stunning from head to toe. hottest woman on her street.she sunbathes in yard in the summer and let me tell you it becomes a busy street. ha.

Henry123
18-09-06, 04:43 AM
oh my god yeah that bowflex woman is so hot. a friendly acquaintance of mine, his mom is 44(not that this in any way is old,lol) is one of the prettiest women in the whole town. sooo stunning from head to toe. hottest woman on her street.she sunbathes in yard in the summer and let me tell you it becomes a busy street. ha.
At least you know which commercial I'm talking about. Yeah some people really take good care of themselves.

Lewski711
18-09-06, 04:45 AM
That answer changes as I age. But there does seem to be a consistency about it for me. If she's five years older than I am, I start to question it.

derm
28-09-06, 05:51 AM
Nothing to do with age......more to do with aging!

My mates wife [31] is aging very badly and is in dire need of a face lift. I used to fancy her a few years back but not any more. Poor guy just married her last June.

I know ladies of 55 which I find more attractive.

I'm 31, no lady is too old for me if I find her attractive. but having said that I don't think I've ever fancied anyone in their eighties

blue toxin
28-09-06, 06:04 AM
I'm 20 years old now. In my opinion, if I met a 17 year old, even though it's only 3 years difference I don't know if it'd work out. Mostly because the difference between 17 and 20 can be HUGE due to college and career choices and whatnot.

But if I were say 25, I think 20-30 would be a good age for me. I think it depends on the person though, so I can't give a straight answer... just a guesstimate.

derm
28-09-06, 06:41 PM
I'm 20 years old now. In my opinion, if I met a 17 year old, even though it's only 3 years difference I don't know if it'd work out. Mostly because the difference between 17 and 20 can be HUGE due to college and career choices and whatnot.

But if I were say 25, I think 20-30 would be a good age for me. I think it depends on the person though, so I can't give a straight answer... just a guesstimate.

Very true BT........people mature at a greater pace during their teens

frank001
03-10-06, 09:43 PM
i dont fink there really is an age to say cuse if a women looks good then why not

Mathias
03-10-06, 11:11 PM
For me, the magic number would be 30.

vashti
03-10-06, 11:13 PM
Haha! What happens when YOU are 30?

Gigabitch
03-10-06, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I think more than five years in either direction and you start to lose the ability to really "get" each other. I do tend to go for younger guys, but only by a couple of years.

I think I'll be "past it" when I care more about backrubs than... y'know..... front rubs.