Some Conversational Suggestions Wanted [Archive] - Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Some Conversational Suggestions Wanted

Henry123
11-11-06, 02:18 AM
Any guys have some good openers to meet women in public places?
(One of my friends keep bothering me on this one. damit he's relentless aaagh the agony. Its getting on my nerves)

Are there better alternatives than just commenting on something that she is wearing? What are some good things to say to start up a conversation without intimidating her. I need to sharpen my social skills abit.

Examples:
"Hey I like your ....shoes" (I was caught up in a situation today where I wanted to meet this girl at bargain dollar store but she didnt have nice shoes on or anything there was nothing she wearing that I could have commented on. I bombed out and was at a lost for words. I'm trying to figure out what I could have said and done differently. )

Is there anything I could said to the cash girl as well? ( I was tonque tied there too.)

misombra
11-11-06, 05:55 AM
hi henry.

who is "cash girl"?

Gigabitch
11-11-06, 07:37 AM
How about a nice, sincere, "Hi" with a big smile?

Anyway, you've at least gotten to the point where you're saying SOMETHING to women in public. Progress. Good.

TDurden
11-11-06, 09:46 AM
Since you're not experienced at starting conversations with attractive women you don't know, there's really no point in anyone giving you lines to use. Chances are you'll mess it up cause you'll be so anxious to get it right. Just work on being nice and confident, as Giga said just a simple "Hi" with a smile is fine. Worry about being slick and badass later.

GrkScorp
11-11-06, 02:15 PM
Since you're not experienced at starting conversations with attractive women you don't know, there's really no point in anyone giving you lines to use. Chances are you'll mess it up cause you'll be so anxious to get it right. Just work on being nice and confident, as Giga said just a simple "Hi" with a smile is fine. Worry about being slick and badass later.

This is really great advice, and I affirm every word in it. However, I'm guessing that your question was produced in search of an answer; namely, (lines).

So, you have few social skills, big deal, we were all on the same boat. Does that mean that you have any reason to be nervous? YES!!! Be nervous, be very nervous, if she sees you, she can tell you're not a professional dater/boyfriend, and she won't even consider your application!!!

Not buying it? I didn't think so. So what, you're a little nervous, you have reason to be, you like the person. But you have to realise, that being nervous will only work against you, and thinking about that little fact will only make you more nervous, and multiply the cycle indefinately.

You need to look at yourself in the mirror, relax, and notice your good traits. What do you have to offer? Not compared with other people, just YOU. Looks, wealth, humor, smarts, creativity, charisma, ect. It's something to hold onto and know that HEY!!! "I got my charm tool, and I'll use it if I want to".

Next, you really need a clever line to ease the tension a little. For instance, if she's standing behind a full register, you might want to complement her shoes.

You: I couldn't help but notice your shoes, you have excellent taste may I add.
You: "Smirk, Laugh faintly, and leave with a confident yet humor intended smile"
Her: Puzzled because she just took off her heals that were killing her.
Her: (10 minutes later), finally gets the joke and realizes that her job is making her mentally slow.

Henry123
11-11-06, 07:21 PM
hi henry.

who is "cash girl"?

oops! :P The girl at the cash register.

Henry123
11-11-06, 07:24 PM
This is really great advice, and I affirm every word in it. However, I'm guessing that your question was produced in search of an answer; namely, (lines).

So, you have few social skills, big deal, we were all on the same boat. Does that mean that you have any reason to be nervous? YES!!! Be nervous, be very nervous, if she sees you, she can tell you're not a professional dater/boyfriend, and she won't even consider your application!!!

Not buying it? I didn't think so. So what, you're a little nervous, you have reason to be, you like the person. But you have to realise, that being nervous will only work against you, and thinking about that little fact will only make you more nervous, and multiply the cycle indefinately.

You need to look at yourself in the mirror, relax, and notice your good traits. What do you have to offer? Not compared with other people, just YOU. Looks, wealth, humor, smarts, creativity, charisma, ect. It's something to hold onto and know that HEY!!! "I got my charm tool, and I'll use it if I want to".

Next, you really need a clever line to ease the tension a little. For instance, if she's standing behind a full register, you might want to complement her shoes.

You: I couldn't help but notice your shoes, you have excellent taste may I add.
You: "Smirk, Laugh faintly, and leave with a confident yet humor intended smile"
Her: Puzzled because she just took off her heals that were killing her.
Her: (10 minutes later), finally gets the joke and realizes that her job is making her mentally slow.
Nice to see that your still around GrkScorp! I was wondering what became of you.

She just had regular running shoes on. She wasnt wearing anything unusual that I could made use of. I'm not sure what I would have commented on???? I was totally stuck.

petersone
15-11-06, 01:07 PM
how about "if I followed you home, would you keep me?" ;)

NEVER use a pickup line like that. "Hi" always works. Be confident...

TDurden
15-11-06, 01:21 PM
"are your parents retarded? cause you look like one special girl"

never fails

Junket
15-11-06, 01:26 PM

never fails

I used that once.

Turns out both of her parents had down syndrome.

Mathias
16-11-06, 03:08 AM
How 'bout complete honesty: "Hi! My name is Henry123. What kind of line would I have to spring on you to get your attention?"

I like this.

Gigabitch
16-11-06, 04:41 AM

never fails to get my ass thoroughly kicked

I fixed your post.

Henry123
16-11-06, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I do really appreciate the advices!

Henry123
16-11-06, 06:54 AM
I fixed your post.

Very funny Giga! :D

hitch
16-11-06, 10:53 AM
Be really corny, bring a sugar packet, and drop it next to her. Poke her and tell her she dropped her name tag. See how fast this one gets you bitch slapped...

TDurden
16-11-06, 02:03 PM
I would never actually use the retarded line because that really would suck if someone in her family was retarded. Plus the fact that it'd never work.

Henry, try this one:

"I've just received government funding for a four-hour expedition to find your G-spot."

or since you seem to like the whole complementing clothing thing, you could go with:

"Nice shoes. Wanna ****?"

Gigabitch
16-11-06, 09:11 PM
"Nice shoes. Wanna ****?"

Gee, thanks, TD. Now I'm all turned on, and it's 6:15 in the morning. What a way to start the day.

Henry123
17-11-06, 05:05 AM
I would never actually use the retarded line because that really would suck if someone in her family was retarded.
That would be one heck of a coincidence if someone in her family was retarded. She turns around " yeah someone is retarded in my family!" :D

(btw thanks for the tips!)

vashti
17-11-06, 05:45 AM
How 'bout complete honesty: "Hi! My name is Henry123. What kind of line would I have to spring on you to get your attention?"

I like this one.

TDurden
19-11-06, 01:51 PM
Henry, I'm going to give some real advice because for some reason I'm in a really good mood. For approaching girls, don't use lines. The only people who can use lines are very attractive people and that's only because their looks mean that it really doesn't matter what they say. For the rest of us it's obvious we're using lines and unless we're naturally very charismatic, it'll just backfire.

Anyway, here's the advice part. Turn off your brain, or grow a pair. That's the best way I can describe it. The problem with talking to some attractive member of the opposite sex that you don't know is that you're worried about a first impression and you don't know what kind of person they are. If you try to talk to them while this is going on in your mind is going to make it that much harder. Instead just go up to her and start talking. Be confident and have your wits about you, but otherwise don't be thinking about a thing.

Try and force an out of body experience so you don't feel stupid if it doesn't go well. If you have problems after iniating a conversation, pick something you really like to talk about, hopefully something she's not completely familiar with. Don't talk about geek stuff, but if there's a band you like, ask her if she's heard their new cd and if she hasn't, talk about how great it is then ask her what music she likes. If you can get her talking about things she likes then it's easy from there on out.

Lastly, if this made no sense at all and came off as a succession of bizarre tangents, it's because I'm running on very little sleep. If it was helpful however, then it's because I'm a goddamn genius

Gigabitch
19-11-06, 03:42 PM
Totally. Give him rep. Raise him on high. I love this kid.

jurupa
19-11-06, 04:44 PM
Henry, I'm going to give some real advice because for some reason I'm in a really good mood. For approaching girls, don't use lines. The only people who can use lines are very attractive people and that's only because their looks mean that it really doesn't matter what they say. For the rest of us it's obvious we're using lines and unless we're naturally very charismatic, it'll just backfire.

Anyway, here's the advice part. Turn off your brain, or grow a pair. That's the best way I can describe it. The problem with talking to some attractive member of the opposite sex that you don't know is that you're worried about a first impression and you don't know what kind of person they are. If you try to talk to them while this is going on in your mind is going to make it that much harder. Instead just go up to her and start talking. Be confident and have your wits about you, but otherwise don't be thinking about a thing.

Try and force an out of body experience so you don't feel stupid if it doesn't go well. If you have problems after iniating a conversation, pick something you really like to talk about, hopefully something she's not completely familiar with. Don't talk about geek stuff, but if there's a band you like, ask her if she's heard their new cd and if she hasn't, talk about how great it is then ask her what music she likes. If you can get her talking about things she likes then it's easy from there on out.

Lastly, if this made no sense at all and came off as a succession of bizarre tangents, it's because I'm running on very little sleep. If it was helpful however, then it's because I'm a goddamn geniusI agree with most of what you said, but the first paragraph. My view is that you can use the stupid lines you can find on the net on any girl, what matters more is how you deliver the line to the girl. Because as long as you deliver the line in a way that shows your personality and make it funny at the same time (while being confident), your chances with the girl improve. This is more for the average looking guys than anything else. They have more to fight thru than the good looking guys that can say anything to basically get a girl.

Plus using a lame line would help the girl remember you better when you call her up a couple days later as well.

Gigabitch
20-11-06, 07:48 AM
My view is that you can use the stupid lines you can find on the net on any girl, what matters more is how you deliver the line to the girl. Because as long as you deliver the line in a way that shows your personality and make it funny at the same time (while being confident), your chances with the girl improve.
Plus using a lame line would help the girl remember you better when you call her up a couple days later as well.

I totally agree with this. In fact, the stupider the line, the better, as long as you're clearly joking. I wouldn't go with, "You got any Irish in ya?.........Ya want some?" but nearly that bad. It can be really charming for a guy to make fun of himself in a non-depracating way.

King Zarathu
20-11-06, 07:52 AM

Ooh! Thanks dude! I'm going to use that one.

::adds to the collection::