PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

sfalexi
23-01-04, 11:09 AM
Perhaps one or more of the mods could take more control and close a thread when it gets too out of hand? It get so boring reading about people arguing to each other over threads. So tedious and those of us trying to sort through actual information. I keep looking back at threads to see other advice and instead I see "No, you're an idiot." "No, you're a moron." "No, you're a retard" and it's really annoying.

As for those who have the arguing to do, can you do it through private messages? I'm sure that if it's between two people, there's no need to keep posting threads and resurfacing long-dead posts.

Alexi

Zekk_T_Strife
23-01-04, 03:13 PM
That's a good idea, I'll bring it up with admin.

Illusional
23-01-04, 05:37 PM
bring it up?? haha why not just close it? raverboy

Zekk_T_Strife
24-01-04, 01:52 AM
Do we have the ability to close entire threads?

MVPlaya
24-01-04, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by sfalexi
Perhaps one or more of the mods could take more control and close a thread when it gets too out of hand? It get so boring reading about people arguing to each other over threads. So tedious and those of us trying to sort through actual information. I keep looking back at threads to see other advice and instead I see "No, you're an idiot." "No, you're a moron." "No, you're a retard" and it's really annoying.

As for those who have the arguing to do, can you do it through private messages? I'm sure that if it's between two people, there's no need to keep posting threads and resurfacing long-dead posts.

Alexi

Suck it up, buttercup.

I think this thread sucks. You are all morons. I am the king of the world. Biatch!

You gonna shut this thread down too?

sfalexi
24-01-04, 02:59 PM
You gonna shut this thread down too?See? Now that should've been PMed to me. See what I mean. Sigh.

squirrley
25-01-04, 08:20 AM
Heres the deal, this is a good place to vent if need be, no matter what the subject matter. Everyone has their opinions, or comments, some agree some dont.

But there should be some control by the people themselves, if they can't say anything constructive, nice, or just down right ignorant, the best thing to do is NOT respond to them in the forum.

I personally take offense in the journals. Some people dont get what its actually suppose to be used for, and it's wrong to dog out someones own thoughts. That's what the forum is for-right?

Well, they took out one bastard!!!

sfalexi
25-01-04, 10:47 AM
I agree completely squirrley. People should know when to talk, and when to just stop typing and realize that this is the internet, and if you don't want to hear what's being said, simply don't read it and close the damn window.

I'm just suggesting it for when a thread goes out of control with a barrage of messages between a few people completely nagging and whining about each other instead of talking about anything that could be used as advice for readers, or (more importantly) the original poster. I mean, when the "introduce yourself" thread by MVP now has I think over 125 responses, that's just stupid. It's supposed to be an introduction, and other topics are supposed to be in other forums. In the meantime, I'm getting all these hits for "new threads" and any "subscribed threads" that I have that don't have to deal with the actual issue and are just a nuisance for me to open and try to sort through. I just want to find a way to avoid THAT.

Alexi

squirrley
26-01-04, 08:05 AM
Exactly...I think some people get it and others dont. We occasionaly run amok in a post, get out of topic at hand, but it sometimes it gets reallly interesting, doesnt it?

I think it's gonna really come down to people themselves.
And when is enough for them. Use our own discretion, and hey, we can always report the post right?

Innova
26-01-04, 08:09 AM
*walks in discreetly, and raises hand* I like food! :awe: :D :detective

**This message brought to you by dumbass.com, where all your senseless posts can be found.**

squirrley
26-01-04, 10:59 AM
ROFL....

Illusional
28-01-04, 01:57 PM
food?? bring some beer and we can have a party. raverboy

jane
31-01-04, 01:23 AM
someone say beer???? :detective

Innova
31-01-04, 03:12 AM
I had some last night, that and a few shots of 151.

squirrley
31-01-04, 03:34 AM
And how are you feeling now buddy? Kicked one on hey?

Give me bud....

jane
31-01-04, 04:21 AM
gladly.. (hands Squirrley a beer) CHEERS GIRL! ;)

squirrley
31-01-04, 04:44 AM
right back at ya sweetie!!!

Illusional
01-02-04, 10:28 AM
see what i mean about the alcohol situation... one person can mention beer and it will start a trend. raverboy

jane
01-02-04, 11:59 AM
BEER.. its whats for dinner!

Illusional
02-02-04, 05:27 PM
got heineken?? raverboy

Zekk_T_Strife
03-02-04, 03:18 AM
I see Illusional took the time to get that stupid nacho championship back. Lol. Who had that? Was it IceQueen?

IceQueen
03-02-04, 04:18 AM
I never had it. Illusional always did.

Zekk_T_Strife
03-02-04, 06:22 AM
Sorry, I must be out of it. :P

jane
03-02-04, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Illusional
got heineken?? raverboy

YUp... bottle or big can?;)

squirrley
04-02-04, 08:39 PM
ice cold bottle....
just the thought of an icee right now....

too early yet, it's only 7:30 am...

jane
07-02-04, 01:01 PM
its never to early! ;)

Innova
07-02-04, 02:11 PM
I'm sure as hell ready to get so plastered, that i'll black out!

Yay for me!

jane
07-02-04, 02:14 PM
ok.. or to late??? :goofy:

Illusional
08-02-04, 05:19 AM
welll... if you really must know, i was really really bored that day and just decided to play that stupid game. i swear, it took forever.......... raverboy

jane
09-02-04, 07:32 AM
I tried to win that freakin game.. I got to like level 32 and my computer frooze!!! :annoyed:
I'll try again some day.