Is this shy guys way to get close to me? [Archive] - Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Is this shy guys way to get close to me?

Lavender
21-01-07, 02:54 AM
So this guy I work with is always looking for me to help him set things up for company lunches or to help him organize papers etc...The truth is they are things that he doesn't need help with and he never asks anyone else to help him either.When we do talk he comes close to me and looks directly in my eyes but he won't flirt like show he is interested. He kind of sticks to work and safe topics. He is not a shy guy with others but with me he seems a bit quieter. We are very comfortable being around each other and I can tell he likes being around me..Does it make sense that he is trying to get close to me in a non intimidating way that also makes it safe from being rejected?

Tiay
21-01-07, 03:10 AM
if you're interested in him, then go find out yourself!

Gigabitch
21-01-07, 04:11 AM
Well, I think he's interested, but I have to mention that getting involved with someone you work with is a really bad idea. Look up perfguy's thread, for instance. The whole thing can go south easily and blow up in your face, for a nice mixed metaphor.

Keep it professional.

Tiay
21-01-07, 07:38 AM
hadn't thought of that. depends on your respective positions at work, I guess. be careful...

CAM
21-01-07, 11:26 AM
I agree, Giga.

Is he interested? Yes. He's very cautious. Because it is a work-setting, he doesn't want to risk a sexual harassment suit, so he's just being "nice" and figures that if you are interested, you'll let him know.

The Great OV!!!
22-01-07, 04:54 PM
Omg! A Guy Is Showing Signs That He Likes Me Other Then Taping My Ass And Cheeering On My Boobs...what A Shy Guy..what Do I Do?

Besides that sarcasm, damn that guy sounds normal.

Ellynn
23-01-07, 04:42 AM
He definately sounds interested in getting to know you better. Take that as a good sign. But seeing as you two work together, he is being careful, which is smart. Some people are quick to slap a harassment charge on others.

You noticed how different his behavior is towards you compared to others. Now its time to let him know that you reciprocate his interest. Be subtle. Don't be too obvious or it may scare him off. But, go with the flow and see what happens.

Seeing that you work with him, it could be a bad thing to get involved if you see him a lot on a daily basis. Say, things go bad. Then you two are stuck around each other regardless. If you think you can handle being professional at the workplace, then I say get to know him better. If you can't, then maybe its best to keep everything completely professional.