the perfect boyfriend [Archive] - Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : the perfect boyfriend

Paige712
15-04-07, 10:18 AM
Hello guys.
I would like your opinion.
What do you think the perfect girlfriend is?

Thanks

NeoSeminole
15-04-07, 10:28 AM
make up your mind. Are you asking us to describe the perfect boyfriend or girlfriend? To answer the latter question, the perfect girlfriend is one who knows her role as the woman.

Paige712
15-04-07, 10:28 AM
anything else?

NeoSeminole
15-04-07, 10:30 AM
no, that about covers everything.

MVPlaya
15-04-07, 10:30 AM
Thread: the perfect boyfriend
Body: what do you think the perfect girlfriend is

Answer: people with their thoughts in order

peterhan
15-04-07, 10:37 AM
I love my girlfriend,i love her everthing .

vashti
15-04-07, 11:04 AM
The perfect boyfriend is mute and knows how to rub feet. :D

Paige712
15-04-07, 11:44 AM
sorry guys for the title i meant the perfect girlfriend.
and i wanted you to explain to me what you think the perfect girlfriend is like and what she does and just the characterics and stuff that she would have

zro
15-04-07, 07:23 PM
ill have a crack, first off this is my opinion, different people will have different tastes:

Looks: Short, under 5'5 at least (i am 5'6), a little bit chubby or curvy, dont want these anorexic bitches that seem to be popping up everywhere, if i wanted to touch bone or muscle i would be a homosexual, brunette (dont like blondes), doesnt have to be very good looking, at least have to register 6 on my looks scale - i am not too picky in this department.

Personality: not too confident or loud, i am a reserved type of guy, and a girl that talks too much would be a massive turnoff. She cant think that she is god's gift to mankind, i will be tempted to start swearing at her to remind her that she is just a mere mortal. Focused on her education, doesnt have to be very smart but at least motivated in whatever she does. Deep thinker: i hate bitches who babble about shoes and make up - material stuff which seems to be a common topic among females, i would not be able to hold a conversation with her as i would either tell her to shut up or more likely i will just tune out. Lastly, morals and respect - she CANNOT be a slut (now or in the past), i dont care if she is more experienced "sexually" - heck she could teach me a few things, but if she was or is a slut, i will have absolutely NO respect for her, and respect for me is very important, if i dont respect you, whether male or female - i will not get along with them

enterprise
15-04-07, 08:40 PM
Looks: 5'7-5'9, a little bit chubby or skinny like me, brunette or maybe a redhead, doesn't have to be very good looking, as long as I'm attracted to them. A few extra details: I like brown eyes, freckles & big nose. o and preferably no make-up or show off clothes.

Personality: I'd prefer a girl who's a little shy, she needs to have a sense of humor, no slutines, prefer her to be smart and a thinker, i like thinking discussions that have no real answer to them. I dislike swearing. I'd also prefer if she was either more into computers/tv (but if she prefers playing sports over watching sports, that would be good do).

Gribble
15-04-07, 11:15 PM
The perfect girlfriend cooks, cleans, screws like a minx, and it isn't adverse to extra fingers in the bedroom.

Tiay
16-04-07, 01:15 AM
my favourite answer; it depends.

or was I not supposed to post here at all?

anachronistic
16-04-07, 01:22 AM
Hello guys.
I would like your opinion.
What do you think the perfect girlfriend is?

Thanks

Oprah Winfrey.

Charlie Boy
16-04-07, 10:13 AM
My perfect girl:

- Sassy. I love a bit of sass.
- Smart. I hate dumb girls.
- Hot. Nice face, good rig.
- Sexually liberated. Proud of her body. Confident in the bedroom.
- No over the top feminist fundamentalists. I don't want no 50's housewife, but I don't want to no outraged pontification everytime a cheerleader comes on the tv either.
- INDEPENDENT. She has to have her own life. Her own friends. "Needy" would have to be one of the most repellant qualities I've yet encountered.

cheeze_guy
17-04-07, 09:39 PM
You know its funny because I just broke up with my girl who i was dating for 3 and a half years and about 5 days ago I would have said she is the perfect girl. Now I think that the only thing thats perfect about anyone is that they are imperfect they will make mistakes and all that shit but really I think that if you can really forgive someone you are perfect!

anachronistic
18-04-07, 07:13 AM
please excuse my other half-assed remark.

the perfect girl for me isn't perfect. she is dorky, clumsy and funny, but isn't ditzy. not a lot of guys flirt on her, but she is quite attractive. she is almost the same height as me, but she is a little shorter. she likes to have fun, but she is really intelligent and knows what lines she shouldn't cross. she is a little wild in bed, but slightly inexperienced and curious. she doesn't try hard to impress people with her looks, but remains attractive with casual jeans and a tshirt. she has long hair. she is upfront and honest to the hilt, and would NEVER do anything that could hurt me.

she makes me feel happy to live, and proud to wake up in the morning. she is something to lust for, but yet i don't. she doesn't try to control me, but makes me feel responsible and inspires me to stay with her, not to her own knowledge. her presence brings perpetual love about my heart and makes my creativity stronger. she gives me the ability to know exactly what love is, without doubts. she keeps every rose i ever gave her. she longs to be with me. when the chance is there, she clings to me and we're inseperable.

Gigabitch
18-04-07, 09:07 AM
Oh, that was so sweet! I know you're going to find that girl when you go to college.

anachronistic
18-04-07, 12:52 PM
thanks giga, i hope so.. i'm a little bashful around women i don't know, but i really open up fast.

Tigger_
18-04-07, 05:01 PM
@ lilwing, when i was reading ur post, i thought u were already going out with this person.. wish u find her soon...

wish i find my own little angel soon... someone who i can actually have....

cheeze_guy
18-04-07, 06:41 PM
its a journey we are all om

CAM
30-04-07, 02:22 AM
Perfect girlfriend for me:

Smart, very smart and direct.
Not a liberal.
Not a manipulator.
Has domestic ability--not a "modern woman," who is really nothing more than a sloppy guy with tits and female sexual organs.
On that same note--she should be feminine.
Trim/physically in good shape
Under 5'8" (preferably, although I seem to get roped into these "tall woman" relationshps all too often).
Ethnic--olive complection or darker
Isn't a man-hater or in competition with me. I want a wife, not an aggressive bitch.

Converse
30-04-07, 02:40 AM
Perfect girlfriend for me:

Smart, very smart and direct.
Not a liberal.
Not a manipulator.
Has domestic ability--not a "modern woman," who is really nothing more than a sloppy guy with tits and female sexual organs.
On that same note--she should be feminine.
Trim/physically in good shape
Under 5'8" (preferably, although I seem to get roped into these "tall woman" relationshps all too often).
Ethnic--olive complection or darker
Isn't a man-hater or in competition with me. I want a wife, not an aggressive bitch.

Basically you want some one to cook clean have sex with you when ever you want. It's not 1901 anymore.

NeoSeminole
30-04-07, 03:09 AM
Converse, easy there b*tch. Nowhere did CAM say he wants someone to do all the chores around the house and sleep with him whenever he wants. I've noticed you've been on a man-hating rampage lately. Did you recently get dumped?

Converse
30-04-07, 03:18 AM
Converse, easy there b*tch. Nowhere did CAM say he wants someone to do all the chores around the house and sleep with him whenever he wants. I've noticed you've been on a man-hating rampage lately. Did you recently get dumped?

Nah haven't been dumped and don't hate men, I actually think men are awesome (no sarcasm). Oh and I have a girlfriend, so I guess I fit the criteria of a man hating dyke! :O

CAM
30-04-07, 01:31 PM

Thanks Neo. See, Converse is the kind of self-fulfilling prophecy that explains why I'm not married.

Converse...get a ****ing clue, sweetheart. I don't need a maid--I can afford a ****ing maid. I can get sex whenever I want, if I want. I can out-cook you, out-clean you, out-smart you, and out class you any day of the week.

In short, I don't need you as a utility item. I want a wife or a girlfriend who has class and intelligent and is a partner in life. You don't get it, do you? Marriage is a luxury I can afford; marriage these days is not about utility because there is little or no utility to be found in most marriages. Most marriages, from the male perspective, only reduce life's opportunties and smart men (and I can only speak from the male perspective) are careful consumers when it comes to pursuing marriage.

You hate that which you don't understand, but that is a very common situation for younger women today...trigger happy and not hateful of men...but actually afraid of men; real men, that is, because there aren't many of us left in the world. And your Baby Boomer feminist teachers have indoctrinated you since childhood to believe that men are dangerous to your future. Fortunately, you and those like you are transparent and I know (and other clever men know) to just side-step and move on.

Again, thanks Neo for shedding light on the truth of my earlier statement.

misombra
30-04-07, 01:43 PM
you guys are so bitchy.

if you could just hear yourselves looking for the fault in others when you should be worrying about yourself and how you might fit into this world and perpetuate the behavior that you find so unappealing.

it reminds me of those old men who hang around abortion clinics with their signs and whatever. what the hell do they care? don't they have something going in their lives that's more important? guess not.

CAM
30-04-07, 02:25 PM
I have plenty of things in my life that are more important that haggling. Remember, I wasn't the false accuser in this instance. I was just stating a preference.

But as I've had a few glasses of wine...I'll let you into my mind for a second :)

In terms of abortion clinics (as you eluded to)...in a pragmatic sense, I'm pro-abortion (as opposed to pro-choice). When it comes to those outside of my ethnic realm, I'm a Social Darwinist and would smugly sit by while the historically dominant ethnicities terminate themselves...and they'll gladly do so of their own accord...no need for me to picket or engage in pressure group politics (hence my preference for the olive complected or darker since we will overcome in the long run if the dominant folks don't start thinking straight) or to try to convince people like Converse to think in any way other than how she thinks. In fact, please Converse...just pursue the same trend of thought, by all means.

In short, I have plenty of things to occupy my time, I stick to my own kind, and in a very Taoist sense, watch the mighty oaks of our world snap and wither of their own accord.

No bitterness...no need for bitterness or anger...just watching history march on as it always will and pursuing preferences that will likely prove out in the long run.

Mis---I respect you and want you to please understand that deep...far down deep and way beyond the individual-to-individual interaction...there is a long term and deep-seated change afoot. I'm not advocating it. I'm just watching it. It is too bad really that many groups of people (and they think of themselves as happy go lucky "individuals" only and don't realize how misguided they are) is doing such damage to themselves. People who have group identities are winning...those who think of themselves as pure individualists pursuing their own interests are beginning to lose in a world of diminished resources.

The interchange with Converse earlier is but one symptom, one small and seemingly innocuous symptom, of this rising issue. Yes, every one of us and every little thing we think or do is something that has an impact. We all shrug things off and say "lighten up" in a sort of nihilist way, but we can't say that forever.

And, ultimately I stated my preference in a woman earlier--that was my preference (as Neo noted) and I didn't ask Converse for her approval.

And, I'm sure that you think I'm either too serious or strange...but believe me, I am quite serious about this. I know, I know...fun website, nice advice, don't get too serious, right?

Have a good night...and I really do think that you are a cool person and someone I'd enjoy meeting (which I never will, of course).

TDurden
30-04-07, 02:28 PM
My perfect girl:

- Sassy. I love a bit of sass.
- Smart. I hate dumb girls.
- Hot. Nice face, good rig.
- Sexually liberated. Proud of her body. Confident in the bedroom.
- No over the top feminist fundamentalists. I don't want no 50's housewife, but I don't want no outraged pontification everytime a cheerleader comes on the tv either.
- INDEPENDENT. She has to have her own life. Her own friends. "Needy" would have to be one of the most repellant qualities I've yet encountered.

Sounds about right to me (bold stuff is crucial). Only thing I'd add to that is someone who is emotionally in tact. I just mean that I want someone who can talk about relationship issues in a mature and and straightforward manner.

EDIT: Pro-abortion, CAM? Nice

misombra
30-04-07, 02:35 PM
you're so nice when you drunk.

CAM
30-04-07, 02:42 PM
you're so nice when you drunk.

Not drunk...just two glasses of a 20 year old tawny porto, a creme brulee, and enjoying a delicious Montecristo in the greenhouse.

I'm very intense, but always nice...a great kisser and very romantic, too.

Love,

Cameron

misombra
30-04-07, 02:48 PM
aaaaahahaha.

you just reminded me, i was reading this article in maxim magazine about how to get sex at the airport. it's so calculating and manipulative. do guys really listen to that stuff or is it a joke?

CAM
30-04-07, 02:54 PM
aaaaahahaha.

you just reminded me, i was reading this article in maxim magazine about how to get sex at the airport. it's so calculating and manipulative. do guys really listen to that stuff or is it a joke?

Well not speaking for the rest of mankind, I can only say that I don't read that stuff. Maxim is always sitting around in my hair stylist's waiting room, but I prefer to read about classic cars and see if mine are holding their value or improving.

So, no...I don't read that stuff. I'm a piece of work as it is and wouldn't want to make things any more complicated than they are already.

Cameron

misombra
30-04-07, 02:57 PM
cameron. whenever you say your name i think of ferris buellers day off.

CAM
30-04-07, 03:03 PM
That's where I took the name. A favorite film from my youth. I am not actually named Cameron...just like I suspect that you are not Misombra :)

Converse
30-04-07, 07:53 PM
CAM you are a try hard. You're obviously so annoyed by my comment you had to write a full blown essay to justify yourself and mention my screen-name that many times! Hahaha **** off moron.

CAM
30-04-07, 08:59 PM
Hahaha **** off moron.

Ad hominem attacks are the refuge of the imbecilic.

Gribble
30-04-07, 09:58 PM
aaaaahahaha.

Maxim is the biggest load of crap. I remember reading this article on how to get women at college. First step, make every other female in your class want you. Step two, ignore the girl you like. Viola!

Gigabitch
30-04-07, 11:11 PM
I thought I'd say something nice, for once:

I have the perfect boyfriend. I do.

Last night one of my girlfriends came over and hung out for a couple of hours with us. We all talked about keeping your standards high and the difference between being an elitist bitch and being someone who gives herself what she deserves. We talked about stereotypes and the people who embrace them. We talked about expectations and compromise. She and I sat at the kitchen table while my bf cooked for us.

I don't think she wants to like him. She's a very judgemental person; she can find fault with anyone, but I think she went away impressed yesterday. It was interesting for me to see him through her eyes. I've been close with her for many years, so it's easy for me to read her reactions, and confirm that it's not just love that makes him seem so wonderful. He actually passes the Bitchy Friend test, too.

I had a little panic attack yesterday afternoon because I'm quite overwhelmed with everything I've got going on in my life, and instead of reacting to my emotional emergency, he did the perfect thing: he took me to bed. Then he brought me a cold beer.

I am one lucky bitch.

CAM
30-04-07, 11:48 PM
Certainly no disrespect intended, Giga, because I like you...but, I did notice that your essay above analyzed your relationship as being a function of having your needs fulfilled and his acumen at passing tests and reading your emotions. I think that men are viewed by women solely in terms of what they can provide to women--in essence, ask not what you can do for us, ask what we can do for you. I think in caveperson days, this would have made sense, but today there is very little actual need to have each other around...so, I would think that mutuality would be more important. Hence, I am surprised to see essentially an admission in your writing that men are objects and little else.

Gigabitch
01-05-07, 12:27 AM
Okay, valid point. I'm ennumerating accomplishments rather than sharing my reasons for wanting him and no other in my life.

I could get any number of men to cook for me and pick up after themselves, behaving in such a way that my girlfriends would be impressed, but there are things about this man that make him, in my eyes at least, perfect.

One of them is integrity. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Knowing that he holds himself to his own high standard makes it possible for me to trust that he will make good decisions, both for himself and for us, and allows me to respect him, which is a huge turn-on.

Another is the fact that he is emotionally stable. I can have moments of weepy weakness (these are not common) and he will not get freaked out or threatened by this. As Vash pointed out, I finally get to be the girl. I don't mean to say that he is at all insensitive or can't engage me emotionally, just that he has his balance and doesn't depend on me for it.

His humanity inspires me. His intelligence enlivens me. I feel that his presence in the world improves the place.

And most importantly, when he looks into my eyes, I feel that together we are more than the sum of our individual selves. I've never had a relationship like this. It confirms that there really is something worth trying for. Nobody should settle for less.

NeoSeminole
01-05-07, 01:02 AM
Giga, while reading your last post I felt as though you were describing me. Pretty crazy stuff. I know there are others like me out there but I've never met one before.

CAM
01-05-07, 01:03 AM
Okay, but you are still not entirely telling me what you provide to him. You remain the focal point in your response. You have told us what makes him special to you; but what do you bring to the table, so to speak? What makes you special to him? Would he say the same thing about you, that you are saying about him? And if so, why? Just as you identify the things that make him make you complete, what is it about you that makes you indispensible to him?

Gigabitch
01-05-07, 01:11 AM
Well, CAM, of course I am the focal person in my response. I'm the one posting it.

As to what I bring to the table, sometimes I wonder about that. I ask about it, too. Long story short, we energize one another. I think he likes that I "get" him, and that I fully appreciate everything he does. The man likes appreciation.

He can see having the lifestyle he's always wanted with me. A good home life is important to both of us, and I'm all about that, while not being limited to only that. I think that my clearly apparent adoration makes him feel good, too.

Neo, I think it's interesting that you said that. I've always found you to be somewhat harsh, but generally fair. My bf has been described this way as well.

CAM
01-05-07, 01:46 AM
I hope that I didn't inspire defensiveness with my probing. But seriously, I think that it is an important issue for you to explore--i.e., your contributions that make you as indispensable in his life as he is apparently in your life.

While you are likely not guilty of my next point, I think many individuals are, in fact, unaware of their contribution or at times overestimate it and its importance to the other person--a failure to take full stock of the other person's needs and often underestimating those needs...or simply being unaware of them.

To illustrate that this goes both ways...I just got off the phone with a friend who told me in great detail all of things that make his girlfriend perfect for him...yet, he never once told me what makes him so perfect for her. Oh, and that if he changed his needs, he would "move on"...said with little concern for her feelings. This conversation is not unusual these days. A tinge of narcissism in our society.

Gigabitch
01-05-07, 01:59 AM
I think the most important thing is that we both want to be happy.

Do you have any idea how many people don't actually want to be happy, at least not more than they want to be any number of other things? Some people find the very idea of happiness to be ridiculous, as if that's something only teenagers believe in.

Junket
01-05-07, 02:55 AM
I know there are others like me out there but I've never met one before.

Jeez dude, you don't have to look far...

NeoSeminole
01-05-07, 09:20 AM
really? Must be where you live then. I haven't met anyone with the intelligence, personality, and body to match.

You can see links before reply

Junket
01-05-07, 09:53 AM
really? Must be where you live then. I haven't met anyone with the intelligence, personality, and body to match.

My brother, and his closest friends they're all good guys.

I'm just pullin' these off of his myspace.

Now, I don't know you in person, but my brother is a very easy goin' likeable guy. Compared to him, I'm a dick.

misombra
01-05-07, 12:48 PM
i have to go throw up now.

heartbroken26
06-05-07, 06:13 PM
all girls are perfect in their own way. but mine has 2 be a girl who is a size 10, c cup, 5foot3. brown hair. pretty face. allways laughing and a nice bum

and non smoker. even tho i smoke myself.

vashti
06-05-07, 10:07 PM
This has got to be one of the most hot air-filled threads ever.

I don't know what I take to the table in my marriage, but whatever it is, my husband values it above all else. That's what love is, right? Being able to value what other people overlook? I don't know why it should be my job to microanalyze what it is he values.

Giga, your adoration of your boyfriend is clear as can be. He is lucky, and I am glad you feel lucky, too.

endlesslove
03-01-08, 08:51 PM
My anwser is it depends. BTW, here's an ideal dating site for singles over 40 who wants to date with a successful and wealthy boomer single. It is worthy of a try. I know this site via one of my friends. "ican'treadtherules.com "

Only-virgins
04-01-08, 04:01 AM
The perfect boyfriend is mute and knows how to rub feet. :D

Liar, what happened to all the confidence and aggressive qualities you women oh so love in a men.

That's what love is, right?

Nope.

Aidan
04-01-08, 09:22 PM
I've almost lost the will to live after reading this thread. :lol:

Only-virgins
05-01-08, 03:13 AM
I've almost lost the will to live after reading this thread. :lol:

Damn, maybe next time.

Mathias
05-01-08, 04:45 AM
all girls are perfect in their own way. but mine has 2 be a girl who is a size 10, c cup, 5foot3. brown hair. pretty face. allways laughing and a nice bum

and non smoker. even tho i smoke myself.

If you weren't certain on the size 10, my ex would be perfect for you.

She's smaller than a 10, though.

Maus
05-01-08, 05:33 AM
No such thing as a perfect mate. Perfect for you maybe, but not perfect.

For me, the perfect girlfreind is someone like me. And that's very hard to find.

Gigabitch
05-01-08, 06:03 AM
For me, the perfect girlfreind is someone like me.

Narcissist. j/k

Kinda. Love the new avatar, btw.

Anyway, I feel I must retract my previous statement that my boyfriend is perfect. He's wonderful, but not perfect. 9 out of 10.

He gives lame-ass presents. He needs to read You can see links before reply paying close attention to tip #2.

Kromat
05-01-08, 07:24 AM
Okay, we all know that guys like for an attraction or eye contact first before approaching someone, but after that It matters about personality.
Someone that you can trust and to help you out when times are rough, to cherish you when are alone, smile and compliment on what a great time your having being together.
Share some interests and willing to try new ideas to expand your activities and just have some variety.
Gives you time to reflect on what is going right and what needs to change. Excepts you, for who you are to her, someone loving and understanding of your goals.

Someone that is always happy to see you and doesn't matter where you plan to go, as long as they are with you.
Shows some emotions and what your feeling.

P.S.
It all depends on what your willing to except and If he's willing to change to make your relationship work.

Only-virgins
05-01-08, 08:16 AM
Okay, we all know that guys like for an attraction or eye contact first before approaching someone, but after that It matters about personality.
Someone that you can trust and to help you out when times are rough, to cherish you when are alone, smile and compliment on what a great time your having being together.
Share some interests and willing to try new ideas to expand your activities and just have some variety.
Gives you time to reflect on what is going right and what needs to change. Excepts you, for who you are to her, someone loving and understanding of your goals.

Someone that is always happy to see you and doesn't matter where you plan to go, as long as they are with you.
Shows some emotions and what your feeling.

P.S.
It all depends on what your willing to except and If he's willing to change to make your relationship work.

I don't think a men should know what the perfect men should be like. Just doesn't make sense.

Off2College
15-01-08, 10:35 AM
in order of preference:

1. Monetarily well-off (at least middle-class)
2. Attractive
3. Affectionate
4. Clingy (yes, I like)
5. Smart