PDA

View Full Version : i have no friends

LostNotFound
20-04-07, 12:08 AM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Taryn
20-04-07, 12:12 AM
aww.. don't worry about it too much, you make some of the best friend's you'll ever have in uni :D

TheKissPolice
20-04-07, 12:20 AM
you are not alone, i feel lonely too,i just came from a different country and i am currently not working coz i need to study and pass a licensure test.i know how you feel,you are not alone,you just feel lonely.

boobaa
20-04-07, 12:48 AM
I feel ypour problem. Its the same with me, I have acquaintances, schoolmates etc, but no real friends to hang out with. I am friendly and all, but somehow I cannot manage to keep the contact. I really don't have any real friend whos got the same hobbies and interests like I have.

Gigabitch
20-04-07, 04:05 AM
I've found that you actually have to maintain friendships like houseplants. I call my friends occasionally just to check in, throw a party every now and then to get them all together. It pays. They were really there for me whan I needed them.

Think of your current situation as a blank slate. You're in a wonderful position to choose your future close friends wisely. If you meet someone you think might be worthy, invest in them. Make an effort.

IMO, one or two good friends are enough if supplemented with a rotating cast of part-timers.

Do you have a job? I've met a number of friends at work.

anachronistic
20-04-07, 04:53 AM
I am a lonewolf, but I don't feel lonely.

enterprise
20-04-07, 05:19 AM
i have none. thier more acquaintances then friends. like right now i feel like picking up the phone and ringing someone ..but there is noone to call. i called my SO 3 times already today and he has exams to revise for so it's not fair on him.

i don't know why..i just can't make friends with people at uni. everybody just seems unapproachable which is quite odd cause in college i was always surrounded by people. so i don't think it's me. lol

my college friends half i just sorted stopped talking to once uni started. everybody moved on with thier lives and the other half are b*tches so i choose not to talk to them anymore.

my close friends i do have are nice, and sweet, and loving not really the kind you could call up and say let's go grab a movie. but i love em.

i don't really know what i want from this thread just to rant i think. i'm not sad or depressed just a little lonely right now.

I know exactly what you mean :) sometimes if you feel this kind of thing happens a lot you just have to push harder like somebody says. When approaching people it's not a 50-50 conversation. it's more like a 90-10 on your part cause your approaching.use that same thing here, that should work :) and if it doesn't all you did was have fun talking to people.

vashti
21-04-07, 03:21 AM
I am closer to my sisters than anyone else, and although there are lots of people I like, I only have two girlfriends I love like sisters. I think a lot of people think on some level that quantity and quality are the same thing. They aren't. You only have time to maintain a few close friendships, and that's it. You just have to choose those friends wisely.

Anyway, I think the best friendships are formed when you share a passion, so first you need to identify your passion, and then go looking for others who share it.

stellalucente77
30-04-07, 06:22 PM
try to speak to much people...

Converse
01-05-07, 07:47 AM
I have too many friends I some times wish I didn't have any, strange I know.

Ath
02-05-07, 06:13 PM
I am a lonewolf, but I don't feel lonely.

Loneliness is inner turmoil, while Solitude is inner peace. Not sure where I read that.

Back on topic.. I don't have many friends either as of lately. I had to cut out most of my current friends (who were found to not be anyways) due to my own situation lately. As for making more.. acquaintances are easy.. real friends are rare to come by.

Tired
07-05-07, 01:31 PM
i don't believe i have any friends neither. i have acquaintances, but i don't have any friends that would take a bullet for me and vice versa. In high school i had a dozen or so but once HS was done i just lost touch with everyone for all kinds of reasons.

I work with cool people, i play baseball with good people, we hang out we practice on a regular basis, but I don't have any guy friends i call up and talk about my woman issues with, i don't have any girl friends to give me tips on stuff neither.

that's kinda where i stand, occasionally i'll have my lonely night where i'll feel depressed about it, but more times then not i don't even think about it. Even without that i live a kinda busy life..

Only-virgins
07-05-07, 01:40 PM
aww.. don't worry about it too much, you make some of the best friend's you'll ever have in uni :D

Maybe.

TAVS
07-05-07, 11:52 PM
1-2 close friends are okay most the time. But when those times come that you really need friends, 1-2 just doesnt cut it.

That's my situation right now. I have 2 good friends but it feels like I have zero.

meerkat
09-05-07, 05:53 AM
Aww this thread makes me feel kinda sad..I'm count my self lucky I have quiet a few good friends..If anyone feels like they want to PM sometimes though..Go ahead..there is always room to get to know more people.

ewomack
09-05-07, 07:29 AM
Everyone has their own definition of friend. For some a friend is someone to call up, go drink with, and never get very intimate with. For others a friend is someone you can tell anything to with immense trust. You can have loads of the first type, but only a few of the second type. In my experience, those who say they have a lot of friends belong to the first type. They do know a lot of people and they host parties, get invited to parties, etc., but they tend to not have intimate friendships. So it all depends on what you mean by friend.

zro
10-05-07, 12:28 AM
i have one very close friend and my brother, for those two i would walk into the gates of hell and laugh in satan's face.... thing is i didnt talk to my brother for about 2 years cause we had a punch up and i put him in hospital, obviuosly that took time to heal up, my other friend took a long time to develop to the stage it is at now, we have had a few punch ups and i never really valued his friendship (especially when i first met him)... point is dont go forcing it, it is a sign of a weak mind and insecurity, learn how to be a lonewolf, instead of ringing someone about it and whining to them suck it up, when you stop looking for it thats when the REAL FRIENDS will come.... that my ****ing opinion anyway

Gribble
10-05-07, 12:37 AM
REAL friends and REAL brothers don't engage in "punch ups" and send people to the hospital. Despite what pop culture may think is cool, hyper-violence is the sign of extreme ignorance and cowardice.

hell-knight
10-05-07, 01:50 AM
well in collage it should be very easy making friends...you just need to talk to people act cool, and you will have lots of friends...but remember you will never have more than a few TRUE friends

zro
10-05-07, 01:51 AM
stop following me around faggot, my brother and i have always gotten in punch ups especially since there is only 1 year of age difference between, alot of sibling rivelry and shit like that, plus as i said i would die for my brother, regardless of the past (and have taken many beatings on his behalf) and about my friend, hes pretty much like a brother now too, sure we have had our bust ups, but then we handle it like men and move on, not like a ****ing sensitive bitch who doesnt accept conflict as a part of human nature - what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

as for the pop culture - i dont know about you, but i dont listen to no ****ing usher or beyonce, maybe you do - if anything the "pop culture" advises conformity and peace, while unwarranted violence is wrong - sometimes it is necessary to keep people in check and remind them that they are just flesh and bone...no more no less

Gribble
10-05-07, 02:07 AM
I cannot abide stupid aggression and you, zro, are its poster child. Learn to handle yourself like a real man.

zro
10-05-07, 02:15 AM
how the **** am i a poster child for violence?? you dont even ****ing know me mother****er, thats like me saying you are a german tranny who likes to take it up the ass with a dildo - i would be purely speculating and i dont like speculating

i said UNWARRANTED violence is WRONG, but sometimes it is NECESSARY (so you have never been in a fight gerbil??), and just for your knowledge when i fight, i dont use weapons, i dont ask my mates to back me up.... to me thats how a real man handles himself, alone

Junket
10-05-07, 02:17 AM
to me thats how a real man handles himself, alone

Real men used to line up 50 yards apart and fire inaccurate balls of lead at each other.

Ah, how the times have changed.

zro
10-05-07, 02:31 AM
are you trying to make a point frasbee?? or are you going to keep racking up the useless posts, if you have something to say to me, go on

TDurden
10-05-07, 02:32 AM
what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Tell that to a quadriplegic

when i fight, i dont use weapons, i dont ask my mates to back me up.... to me thats how a real man handles himself, alone

Yeah, if you're retarded. "arrrrrr, i'm in a fight. i'm gonna go solo to prove that i have hair on my ball sack...arrrrrrr." Yeah, REAL men get there asses stomped 'cause they're too proud to ask for help

zro
10-05-07, 02:35 AM
the qaudreplegic is probably 10 times stronger mentally than me and you combined, sure his physical strength has decreased, but if he still has the ability to wake up everyday and face his hardships that me and you can only dream about, then without a doubt hes alot stronger

Gribble
10-05-07, 02:36 AM
I believe I used the term stupid aggression, zro. And you've succeeded in illustrating my point.

Don't forget the artillery, Fras. Can you imagine being on the front line, staring down the barrels of a half dozen cannon, knowing full well what they're capable of? Damn.

zro
10-05-07, 02:39 AM
if you are going to keep talking in riddles, assuring yourself that you have made your point, then you really are an idiot.... tell me where "i succeeded in illustrating your point", either that or just shut the **** up

zro
10-05-07, 02:44 AM
TDBurden: do you make those noises when you are fighting??? i dont, i just like to win or lose on my own merits, are you scared of a bit of an ass whopping? thats why there are many unnecessary deaths on the streets, because of your pussy ass way of thinking, if i wanted to prove i have hair on my sack, i will just flop it out and show you.... if you really want to know

thats whats wrong with young people these days - they have no concept of pride and respect, you would rather gang bash a guy rather than stand on your own two feet....now that is a definition of a ****ing pussy

Gribble
10-05-07, 02:49 AM
Well, most of your messages read like rejected Sopranos scripts. In your last two posts directed at me you called me an idiot, a faggot, a mother****er, and you used the word **** four times. Three excluding mother****er.

Stupid. Aggression. You call me sensitive? I think you need to take a good look in the mirror, bud.

zro
10-05-07, 10:59 AM
we are making progress at least know you are explaining yourself, well i used those words because you decided to attack me with no provocation, not only on this thread but the one in the love advice forum - and to be honest i swear alot, i am pretty sure you noticed the pattern in my posts

Me sensitive?? i am the one that doesnt mind a bit of agro and will get over it - and i have already been flamed and insulted by half the board - if i was sensitive i would not come back here and i would be "deeply hurt" hahahaha

call me a shallow minded **** or a poster child of violence, but i am pretty sure sensitive is off the mark

Junket
10-05-07, 12:22 PM
are you trying to make a point frasbee?? or are you going to keep racking up the useless posts, if you have something to say to me, go on

Are you trying to make a point zro? Or are you going to keep racking up useless posts?

There is little dignity to be found in hypocrisy, wouldn't you say?

In any case, it is clear you are sensitive to provocation. You seem to seek it out with your self righteous attitude. I understand this behavior, guilty of my fair share. It's fun to put others down.

And I quote:
There's nothing like the sick pleasure of saying something, that one thing that can make a person feel so absolutely horrible about themselves. That one thing that will humiliate them in front of everybody. That sick and evil sinister pleasure of victory at the expense of another.

Hate helps drive you, fills your blood with tainted adrenaline, a quick fix to strength, a solution that only causes more problems. Gives you focus, meaning, an obstacle to conquer, a target to destroy.

You become the judge, the jury, the executioner.

Lucifer's mask, his vehicle, his hand.

You are justified, you are the oppressed, toppling a tyranny.

Smile.

Blind, you are malice afloat with angel's wings.

zro
10-05-07, 02:12 PM
well you were talking about 1900s warefare and i was talking about friendship, i just didnt get your point

You are mistaken frasbee, i am not sensitive to provocation, i just dont back down, if i was truly sensitive then i would not keep coming back to love forum after been insulted and flamed by half of the board for telling it like i see it and i will continue to do so until i am banned

Thing is i dont find enjoyment in putting other poeple down on the internet because i cant see or hear the suffering for my self, i will admit that sometimes rearranging someone's face can be a bit of fun - but i am older now and realise that people have kids, wives, fathers and mothers so i try to only do that when i am provoked, point is this is the internet, where the "satisfaction" i want cant be met, due to the fact that i cant physically **** you up or hit you

Thats a nice bit of literature, i didnt write that - and if you are trying to imply that i am the judge, jury and executioner, i find that hard to believe as i am only 5'6 and weigh 70 kilos and believe it or not i have been the subject of judgement, thing is as i said i dont back down

Ath
10-05-07, 02:34 PM
Perhaps a better question for all would be.. "Are human beings inherently evil or inherently good?"

Junket
10-05-07, 07:55 PM
You are mistaken frasbee, i am not sensitive to provocation, i just dont back down

This is called pride.

Pride protects one's ego.

A person can always back down, it is a question of whether they choose to. It's frequently more difficult to as is can suggest one has become submissive, or defeated, even when that really isn't the case.

Everybody here has their dick out, now it's a question of who will have the decency to put theirs away.

'Cause I know mine isn't getting any bigger.

zro
10-05-07, 09:00 PM
you are right frasbee, i do have pride - but its got nothing to do with ego, i just like to stand my ground and let no one (no matter size, strength. age or race) walk over me, an ego is some sort of inflated image of yourself, its not knowing your limitations, i am aint no bruce lee or muhammed ali - but that doesnt change the fact that i dont like taking shit - you sound smart enough to understand the difference - the thing is on a forum, nothing can be proved or disproved due to the fact that we dont see each other face to face, the only reason i post the way i do, is to try and put my ****ing message across as bluntly and honestly as i can - i dont try and provoke people on purpose, whats the point???

And to be honest i dont understand your dick anology of this situation

Miss hotty
10-05-07, 09:09 PM
I think u lot should cool it and carm down just take a step back

Junket
11-05-07, 01:46 AM
And to be honest i dont understand your dick anology of this situation

My response is your response:
nothing can be proved or disproved due to the fact that we dont see each other face to face

Which really makes all of these recent posts frivolous.

And actually, it has everything to do with ego.

The very second a person comes onto this website and creates a username, they created an on-line ego. A representation of their life self. For some, this alternate identity is adversely different from their real life personality, other times it's a fairly accurate mirror of their real self.

How can this not have anything to do with ego, when parties refuse to let a minor dispute go without having the final word? Seriously, what else is at stake here?

Final point: There is a difference between arguing against one's logic, and attacking one's character. Some cannot discern the two.

"Their logic is flawed, so they are flawed."

zro
11-05-07, 02:02 AM
i think you tend to overthink frasbee, i joined this forum to get a better prespective of the female psyche, hopefully learn a thing or two and give my opinion in topics where i think i can, all this bullshit about some online "image" is stupid, to be honest if my mates knew i was posting an a "love forum" they would probably kick my ass for fun - now if there is one difference between me on here and my real life personality is that there less quantity (due to me having a stutter) but the quality is exactly the same, since the more i talk the more i stutter experience has taught me to get to the point and not **** around, i am as blatant and crude in real life as i am on here, maybe not as frequent

and you keep attacking my posts, as i mentioned to lilbitch aka lilwing, make a search you will see that even though i might have used profanity and quite a bit of it, i was always trying to offer advice, whether the advice is considered is up to the user, i dont care about having the last word - i have a right to defend myself...right?? i think people in general tend to be nice even when it is not in the best interest to the user/thread starter, as i said before its better to hear the brutal truth from someone like me (who you will never meet and holds no weight in your real life) rather than pay for your ****ed up decisions by losing the people you really care about.... thinking about it, i should be thanked instead of being flamed, but i dont really give a ****, i am on here for my personal experience and satisfaction, not for anyone else's

Junket
11-05-07, 02:09 AM
I cannot deny I do over analyze things, so I will officially put my dick away.

Stick around and you'll see your perspective on things isn't so different from some of the regulars on the forum.

zro
11-05-07, 02:12 AM
good talking to you to frasbee, i am not going anywhere i actually like it here

GratefulOne
29-05-07, 10:25 AM
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis