PDA

View Full Version : . Help! I've lost my focus.

melanie9
02-05-07, 01:08 AM
Over the past two weeks I have let a lot of negative thoughts creep into my mind and has resulted in the feeling of being lost. I'm working on my visualization again and trying to get back on track. Any suggestions, tips, tricks etc on how to remain in line with LOA. It's funny that I'm writing this because in the past when I have been centered I've read these types of posts and wondered how that person managed to get so off-centered.

Gigabitch
02-05-07, 03:27 AM
What's an LOA?

Junket
02-05-07, 09:07 AM
What the hell?

kaylen22
13-06-07, 08:37 AM
you better be careful there. Everytime you start thinking about a negative thought, slap your face and smile. Change that sentence into something positive. You'll be used to it after a while. Communicate more with your friends and let your brain get busy with other stuff.

anachronistic
13-06-07, 09:29 AM
What the hell?

My initial thought after reading the first few words of the thread.

Kiechi
13-06-07, 03:40 PM
Over the past two weeks I have let a lot of negative thoughts creep into my mind and has resulted in the feeling of being lost. I'm working on my visualization again and trying to get back on track. Any suggestions, tips, tricks etc on how to remain in line with LOA. It's funny that I'm writing this because in the past when I have been centered I've read these types of posts and wondered how that person managed to get so off-centered.

LOA = Left Occipito Anterior

Gigabitch
14-06-07, 05:46 AM
Leave Of Absence

Liter Of Absinthe

Loaf Of Ass

Rob26
14-06-07, 08:46 AM
Law of Averages?

Length Over All?

Only-virgins
14-06-07, 10:49 AM
Love OV Alot?

Steve2004
14-06-07, 11:04 AM
Lots of ass.

=D

bamm
24-06-07, 10:13 AM
I don't know what LOA is but when I start going off track, I look at where the negative thoughts are coming from. What the stimulus is. Often I notice its becuase of lack of exercise and poor dieting during the last few weeks or days.

Exercise for me, is a great way to get back on track. Try going for a run, and don't stop when you feel tired, really push yourself HARD. Then afterwards have a cold drink of water and something healthy. If you don't like running for whatever, try skipping in your backyard where your in your own privacy.

Sometimes I think negative thoughts are good, becuase when you get past them, you often learn something about yourself, or someone else or just 'how things work'. And often you feel good about understanding WHY you feel that way, and can start working around it. And when you start feeling good again, you feel like you were 'higher' or more mature than you were orginally (before the negative thoughts started).

Good luck. :)

Illusional
24-06-07, 11:16 AM
exercise... and a lot of liquor.

raverboy

boobaa
25-06-07, 06:51 AM
you better be careful there. Everytime you start thinking about a negative thought, slap your face and smile. Change that sentence into something positive. You'll be used to it after a while. Communicate more with your friends and let your brain get busy with other stuff.

I don't think slapping your own face would work. It would be forcing down the emotions, but everything that is forced, usually tends to have a negative outcome one day...
I am quite lonely and have lots of negative thoughts of myself. best solution for this is live communication, like party for example. Ofcorse, the reason of that negaitveness is important too. If i have some problem or just feel so lousy and got nothing to do (usual reason for negative thoughts) I go and do some exercise for few hours. Enough time to get my thoughts together.
Instead of slapping yourself, look around yourself and find something beautiful around you, then look at it and smile! trust me, it gets alot better!

DoesntMatter
25-06-07, 07:04 AM
Yes, exercise is a great way to fight off bad feelings. I used to do this in my early days of high school and it worked. I am actually now going to get back into it, but not just to feel better.

Be wary of the type of music you listen to. Listen to uplifting music, none of that heavy metal shit or emo or nostalgic country crap. If I need to listen to some uplifting music I listen to super loud house music. Great stuff.

And although Illusional was joking (maybe...) when he said liquor, remember that it can make you feel worse. And I don't mean hangovers, but it can make you feel worse WHILE you are drunk (for some people, like myself sometimes). And then afterwards perhaps too.

Kiechi
25-06-07, 08:55 AM
All you need to do is gather your chi. Then all will be well.

Wax on, wax off.

Illusional
25-06-07, 10:37 AM
wax on wax off huh?? wouldn't it just be easier to get some masturbation in??

raverboy

Mekhet
28-06-07, 07:41 AM
Be aware that everything goes by, and is nothing more than a phase. You are just through a difficult period. Do not assume it's permanent, or that it is a whole lot of trouble, assume that it will go away eventually. Just be steady and continue your mental training. It's like meditation on breathing. Thoughts can run around your head all the time, but the breathing is always there. You are always focused on the breathing. Be like that.

Talk affirmatively. Say and think what you WANT, not what you don't want. This will reenforce your positive capabilities. Learn to recognize the thoughts as they are. Create a "pouch" where you look down on your thoughts and feelings. Detach yourself from them when they are harmful. They will lose power almost instantly, because you recognize them, and although you feel them, they don't have any power over you.

Hope it helps.