PDA

View Full Version : Dating and Height

Junket
11-05-07, 02:58 AM
Here's two articles that discuss the issue:

Tall women:
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=6933&TrackingID=516165&BannerID=541888&menuid=6&GT1=9983&ER=sessiontimeout&trackingid=516165

Short men:
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=6934

I'll admit, I used to worry about bein' short.

Ellynn
11-05-07, 03:02 AM
Being 5'9", it seems that guys always go for the shorter girls because they look more petite and feminine.
Personally to me, it doesn't matter if the guy is taller or a tad shorter. Its the personality that counts. But us tall girls do get overlooked.

Good article Fras!

Gigabitch
11-05-07, 03:04 AM
I agree with that, Ellynn. It also sucks that with high heels on, I'm almost taller than my bf and I think he doesn't like it.

Cramps my style.

Junket
11-05-07, 03:19 AM
I really don't think it's so bad if it's obvious the girl doesn't mind, but when others, family, friends even strangers poke fun at it, I see that being more the challenge.

DoesntMatter
11-05-07, 04:41 AM
In general, I like short girls more because they seem so cuddly.

Converse
11-05-07, 04:54 AM
In general, I like short girls more because they seem so cuddly.

Oh god.

I don't mind what height some one is.

enterprise
11-05-07, 05:12 AM
well to me it doesn't although my personal preference would be that she is my height or close to is, taller or shorter.

Junket
11-05-07, 08:03 AM
I don't think most people really have a choice in adhering to their ideal partners anyway.

Shit, I clearly didn't.

But I still like wearing my boots when she's barefoot...

Gribble
11-05-07, 01:41 PM
You know, this is something I've never really understood. Height... what the hell does that have to do with anything? I just want a cute girl with a good personality. She can be teensy or tall as a tree. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Apparently women make a huuuuge fuss out of it, though.

zro
11-05-07, 02:14 PM
from a short man's point of view (5'6) i will not date a female who is taller then me, no matter how good looking or nice she is, i think with me it comes from a sense of protection, i want to feel like i can protect her, not the other way around - sounds ****ing dumb but hey...