Temperance (eat to live)?
Charity?
Diligence (strong work ethic)?
Forgiveness?
Kindness (admiration)?
Humility (modesty)?

Gigabitch
01-06-07, 02:40 AM
I am going to hell for Sloth, for sure. Kindness might be my saving grace, but the jury's still out on that one.

anachronistic
01-06-07, 02:46 AM
dude i am ****ed up, i have all those flaws, and sometimes have all those amendings.

Junket
01-06-07, 02:51 AM
I'm probably guilty of everything but Greed.

Fortunately I usually manage to counter everything with it's "opposite".

Except gluttony.

I'm also a bit of a loner, and when I'm with a group, I'm extremely exclusive and territorial. I definitely seek out conflict but don't give in to the urge to "let go" without serious consideration. I judge people often but I usually keep it to myself not for their sake, but for my own as I don't like to be proven "wrong".

misombra
01-06-07, 02:52 AM
i'm going to hell. i don't have any saving graces.

DoesntMatter
01-06-07, 03:18 AM
Generally speaking morality is a load of bullshit.

Gluttony sinful? What a ****ing joke.
Just like chastity being a saving point? People just want to have fun and get their rocks off, what's wrong with that?

But I would be first and foremost greedy. Wrath, then envy.

Come on lilwing and Giga. I know you are joking about going to hell. Unless you have killed an innocent person or raped someone.... :upset: :surprised

Gigabitch
01-06-07, 03:21 AM
Actually, I don't even believe in hell. The God I believe in would never allow it.

Where does it come from, though? Don't you think the Social Contract is important? Shouldn't we be able to rely on others to agree on reasonable rules and follow them?

Junket
01-06-07, 03:46 AM

I disagree.

bluesummer
01-06-07, 02:00 PM
I can't go somewhere that doesn't exist.

Hell was a concept created to scare the masses into compliance. I am non-compliant.

I like to think I balance out all the so-called 'vices' with all the so-called 'virtues'. Balance is what it's all about. You're not really living anyways if all you're concerned about is being 'virtuous'. So get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

LordOfTehVirgin
01-06-07, 05:36 PM
I do not believe in any Heaven or Hell. I believe even if I know "God" did exist that I would not follow an all forgiving figure that would flood the world and damn people to an eternal hell.

This does not mean I am less connected to life like most ignorant religious buffs believe. On the contrary, it is the opposite. I only got this life to live and I want to have some fun before I die. :D

Junket
01-06-07, 08:14 PM
Faggots.

This has nothing to do with heaven or hell.

Miss hotty
01-06-07, 08:19 PM
????????????????

Tiay
01-06-07, 08:25 PM
what bluesummer said.

LostNotFound
01-06-07, 08:39 PM
wrath. i fire up like a canon about 3 times a day.

chastity. hopefully for another few years.

:D

LostNotFound
01-06-07, 08:40 PM
if you don't believe in heaven and hell what happens when you die?

Miss hotty
01-06-07, 08:47 PM
Thats a very good question

Junket
01-06-07, 11:36 PM
**** off the heaven and hell shit. They are completely irrelevant to the questions.

DoesntMatter
02-06-07, 12:02 AM
Why does everyone think that religious people are always ignorant? Christianity, as the name might imply, means following the works and teachings of Jesus Christ. It means making Jesus your role model on how to live. There isn't anything ignorant about that.

Unfortunately, many Christians just follow through with the ritual of going to church and not paying attention to the advice that Jesus gave through his stories.

And of course there is corruption in the church (Catholic and Protestant). The priest at my church was accused of child molestation. The hypocrisy is horrible, this man was up in front of an audience preaching on how to live. Too bad the Catholic church changes way to slow. They need to allow priests to get married. I mean, who doesn't want to get married? (Or at least have a relationship) And the church is surprised when they attract these type of people to the priesthood.

And then Protestantism... There is a minister who lives on my street a few houses down. For a minister, this guy does pretty good. Has 4 cars, one being a Corvette, another a huge ass, brand spanking new SUV that I can't remember the make, a Chevy Impala, and some other car. Has a boat, 2 ski doos, and one of those camper things that you haul around on the back of a truck or SUV when you want to go "camping" (in luxury). In other words, this guy is by no means living a humble or modest life. You would think if this guy was truly Christian, he would be sharing his wealth more with the less fortunate.

vashti
02-06-07, 12:31 AM
**** off the heaven and hell shit. They are completely irrelevant to the questions.

I think the 7 deadly sins are a Catholic construct, which is probably why your thread turned religious.

Anyway, I am with bluesummer. It's all about balance. No one really likes you if you are perfect, anyway.

Junket
02-06-07, 12:48 AM
Catholic construct or not, ultimately they were not constructed by "God", but by man. Which is why everybody is familiar with them.

I don't give a flying **** whether people here believe in religion or not. You don't need to be part of any religious group to know what most modern societies consider moral or amoral.

DM and anybody else: I would appreciate if you kept off the religious debate in this thread. To put it "nicely".

vashti
02-06-07, 12:49 AM
Agreed.

------

Junket
02-06-07, 12:53 AM
Agreed.

------

I'm feeling particularly wrathful at the moment. I shall try to counter this with "forgiveness".

****ers.

Gribble
02-06-07, 01:01 AM
For me morality is pretty simple. Don't harm others and don't take from others. That's about where the buck stops for me. It isn't relative. It has nothing to do with culture or religion.

Junket
02-06-07, 01:06 AM
For me morality is pretty simple. Don't harm others and don't take from others. That's about where the buck stops for me. It isn't relative. It has nothing to do with culture or religion.

Can you give?

I'm not a huge fan of handouts that's for sure. I hate giving money to beggars. Maybe I am greedy. But I think it's more distrust.

Gribble
02-06-07, 01:18 AM
Sure. But I don't feel it's immoral not to give. At the risk of sounding like a Republican, I think if you've amassed wealth honestly and through your own sweat and tears there's nothing wrong with clinging to it or spending it recklessly.

Junket
02-06-07, 01:24 AM
Y'know, that's what I loved about AmeriCorps. Money and healthcare and all that was a non-issue. For once, a purpose besides money was my driving force. It felt awesome.

But I'm back to money again, and now I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. It's hard to volunteer frequently when gas is so high and my pay is so low. Maybe those are silly rationalizations in the grand scheme of things. This probably the result of sloth. I'm comfortable, although disgruntled with my situation. I should develop a better, realistic solution.

Tiay
02-06-07, 01:49 AM
What are your weaknesses?

Lust (excessive sexual appetites)?
Gluttony (over-indulgence)?
Greed?
Sloth (laziness)?
Wrath (anger)?
Envy (or jealousy)?
Pride (or vanity)?

Do you intend on amending any of these?

What's your saving grace?
Chastity (keepin' it in your pants)?
Temperance (eat to live)?
Charity?
Diligence (strong work ethic)?
Forgiveness?
Kindness (admiration)?
Humility (modesty)?

hmm, I dunno. how do I know if my lust is excessive ? sloth and pride are probably the ones i'd pick, and forgiveness, kindness and humility on the other side I guess. I think I have too much forgiveness sometimes though =P

nice new avatar btw.