PDA

View Full Version : I have this wierd red bump on my lip.

enterprise
07-06-07, 03:07 AM
I don't know if anyone here can help but maybe you've had one or something. Like every time i look up something on the internet i get a disease that comes up with symptoms and worry myself to death only to find out it was nothing. This time i don't know. It stings a little when i push it. Heres a close up picture:
http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10528537wy5.png

anachronistic
07-06-07, 03:59 AM
I don't know if anyone here can help but maybe you've had one or something. Like every time i look up something on the internet i get a disease that comes up with symptoms and worry myself to death only to find out it was nothing. This time i don't know. It stings a little when i push it. Heres a close up picture:
http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10528537wy5.png

i can't really tell because the quality of your picture SUCKS

but it looks similar to a either

a.) a pimple/boil without a head

b.) cold sore.

Steve2004
07-06-07, 04:01 AM
i second cold sore.

i know someone who gets fever blisters a lot...it looks just like that.

I wouldn't be playing kissing games any time soon.

anachronistic
07-06-07, 04:07 AM
get some ointment on that thing. some carmex would probably do the trick.

enterprise
07-06-07, 04:16 AM
Then i have two questions:
1) how long does it take to go away?
2) how does one contract one? (you mentioned kissing, but i havnt ever kissed a girl)

Steve2004
07-06-07, 04:19 AM
huh, from what i've heard of cold sores is that it's like...a type of oral herpes. and it doesn't ever really GO away. you have break outs of it though, and the break outs go away

enterprise
07-06-07, 04:24 AM
well how long to cold sores last and how often do they appear?
When i think about it i recall seeing someone with a red spot near their lip, Ill check it out.

Kiechi
07-06-07, 04:26 AM
Then i have two questions:
1) how long does it take to go away?
2) how does one contract one? (you mentioned kissing, but i havnt ever kissed a girl)

1) It doesn't. Only way to truly get rid of it is to stump several lit fags into it whilst praying to Buddha.

2) Normally, it is contracted by the kissing of dee bom. LOL

Seriously, google is your friend.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/coldsores.htm

P.S: You're a member of the studentroom aren't you?

enterprise
07-06-07, 04:30 AM
I'm serious, i really have never kissed a girl. Really. Not even close personal contact in the last month. Really, and even this it's never that close. Is there anything else it could be, or you know any other way to contract it.
I'm 15.5 years old btw.

studentroom?

enterprise
07-06-07, 04:57 AM
One thing it doesn't say is when a good period to stop worrying you'll spread it to anyone, since i'v read more and see that it doesn't just come from kissing and the like. Does anyone here have a period they wait?

Gigabitch
07-06-07, 06:33 AM
Wait until it's been gone so long you no longer think about it every day.

vashti
07-06-07, 06:34 AM
No one can tell what it is with the quality of that photo. If you want an actual diagnosis, then you should see your physician. At the age of 15, my guess is pimple. Whatever it is, it should go away in a few days is you leave it alone.