PDA

View Full Version : Who am I?

TheKissPolice
26-06-07, 02:42 AM
hi,i have been thinking a lot lately,and i have been asking myself the question,who am i?i am having a confusion about my personality coz as a child,i have been influenced by a lot of people,growing up i was told to act appropriately towards certain situations.as i am about to reach the age of 25,i keep questioning if my point of view with regards to conduct,morality,decision making and rationalization are just mere reflections of the people who raised me and inspired me through the years.is this me?or them thinking and taking control of my life?thank you

Gigabitch
26-06-07, 02:57 AM
You are who you are, and you were born that person. Everything else is just a filter, coloring the way you're perceived, but it isn't really you.

misombra
26-06-07, 03:12 AM
You are who you are, and you were born that person. Everything else is just a filter, coloring the way you're perceived, but it isn't really you.

wow, that was awesome.

i wish i could give you rep points but that stupid limit thing. it needs to be changed.

giga, have i told you lately that you're a sexybitch?

Gigabitch
26-06-07, 03:17 AM
NO, and I've been holding my breath waiting for you to do it. What took you so long?

Hey, do you want to go see those annoying Red Elvises on the 3rd or what?

misombra
26-06-07, 03:18 AM
you are not only a sexybitch, but you are a gigasexybYtch. that's like, twice as sexy.

anyways, where's the show?

Gigabitch
26-06-07, 03:22 AM
SF Brewing company- up here. Small venue, but fun. Good beer.

anachronistic
26-06-07, 06:25 AM
asking us who you are is not helping your situation.

misombra
26-06-07, 07:36 AM
SF Brewing company- up here. Small venue, but fun. Good beer.

hmmmm, perhaps we will. perhaps we will...

Changnian Lu
26-06-07, 07:49 AM
TheKissPolice, What is your problem? Are you crossed in love? or your work is not satisfactory?

Illusional
27-06-07, 01:50 AM
just break loose and party hard one day. do all the things that you were told not to and see if you like it. you're 25 already, it's time that you explore the world.

raverboy

DoesntMatter
27-06-07, 02:32 AM
Sounds like you are having an identity crisis :detective

The truth of the matter is that people are FAR too complicated to be labeled any one way. In high school, which I thankfully just graduated from, it seemed like everybody was having a hard time trying to figure themselves out. Just read any person's Myspace page.

People try too hard to identify themselves with groups sometimes. Or what people do even more is try coming up with adjectives to describe themselves. This does not work because people change, we are dynamic. Expect yourself to change, including morals, ethics, likes, dislikes, etc. Change is healthy, IMO.

Your surroundings (such as parents) will indeed influence you. Once you start discovering things for yourself, however, expect your views to change. Maybe just a little, or maybe a complete change. It is highly unlikely that your opinion will remain constant after looking at "the world" first-hand.

Again IMO, a good parent will not shelter their kids. It's bad to live in a bubble, very bad indeed. And don't expect to be just like your parents. I'm literally the complete opposite of my mom. However, we both get along wonderfully.

Only-virgins
27-06-07, 04:59 AM
You are someone new everyday.

Illusional
28-06-07, 12:40 PM
this reminds me of the movie "identity" where 10 different people exist inside on person's mind and they start to kill each other one by one.

raverboy

TheKissPolice
28-06-07, 01:57 PM
TheKissPolice, What is your problem? Are you crossed in love? or your work is not satisfactory?

not really,i just have a lot of time in my hands.

TheKissPolice
28-06-07, 02:01 PM
good points,thanks for your inputs everybody,and illusional i might check that movie out.

anachronistic
28-06-07, 09:49 PM
this reminds me of the movie "identity" where 10 different people exist inside on person's mind and they start to kill each other one by one.

raverboy

that movie sounds interesting.

Tedel
19-10-07, 05:09 AM
What about this answer? For a start, a human being. After that, what you decide.

DoesntMatter
19-10-07, 11:27 AM
hi,i have been thinking a lot lately,and i have been asking myself the question,who am i?

You're a noob!!

Haha, jk....

But if you really want to know, you should go get your DNA sequenced. IDK where you can do that

Masterofmind69
05-12-07, 07:57 PM
the question who am I is asked by many people. Some people end up being religious or at least into spirituality. The true answer would be when one meditates and find out for him or herself. You are asking, why am I here on earth? What is my life purpose? It is not an identity problem but wanting to know one true self. A good place to start is here: www.falundafa.org. If that doesn't suit you next would be here http://www.hereandnowmeditation.com/English/home.html.

Remember to look with your heart not with your eyes because it will fool you.