PDA

View Full Version : death

anachronistic
09-07-07, 04:19 AM
Where do you think we go when we die? Do you think we go through reincarnation? Do you believe that we go to this weird heaven place where we have to worship a god for all eternity? Do you believe we just go somewhere else and live forever? Do you believe there is nothing after life, and that's it? Do you think we turn into ghosts that are unseen and unfelt?

I would like to believe that we go through reincarnation. I don't want to be stuck in a heaven where I have to sit through an eternal church service, and I don't want to go somewhere else. My biggest fear is that after death there is nothing. I don't want that!

Gribble
09-07-07, 04:44 AM
I hope against all hope that there is nothing. That, to me, is heaven. You die and there's no more worry, no more concern, boredom, nothing. It's all over. You aren't being tortured by a sociopath god with a child's maturity. You don't come back for an endless cycle of crap here on earth. None of it.

I really don't understand why it bothers people so much to think that life is finite. You aren't going to be floating in blackness, bored out of your nonexistent skull. There will be no thought, no consciousness, nothing. That's bliss to me.

Illusional
09-07-07, 04:48 AM
i don't believe in heaven or hell. when you die, that's it, there's no coming back. i also feel that a lot of people feel that they want their existence to mean something, which is why the thought of reincarnation has been invented. it gives false hope to those who fear death.

raverboy

LostNotFound
09-07-07, 04:52 AM
i don't believe in reincarnation. when you die you wait for ressurection and then everyone goes to heaven or to hell.

eternity's a long time.

*shudders*

anachronistic
09-07-07, 07:25 AM
I guess by eternal blackness and nothing after life, I fear being alone.

I don't understand why there is life, with or without what is after. What is BEFORE life? I remember things before my birth. It's weird.

Gribble
09-07-07, 07:49 AM
If you no longer exist you won't be lonely. When you're in a deep, dreamless sleep, do you feel anything? Are you aware? Lonely?

anachronistic
09-07-07, 08:24 AM
Yes, technically.

boobaa
09-07-07, 07:06 PM
Apart from reincarnation and heaven stuff, those religious hopes, don't forget that there may also be absolutely nothing. And no, that doesn't mean being alone in eternal blackness, your mind doesn't exist! There is NOTHING.
Lil, I believe you don't remember things before you were born, its solely your imagination. Or you mean your previous life?

Ok, to be honest, it doesn't matter for me if death means heaven or nothingness, only thing that matters is the last thought in the very last moment I am dieing. Will I be happy or will I be regretting something? Regret when dieing is considered hell, and nirvana is the state of happiness, relief like the feeling after an orgasm. Think of it, it is the very last moment of your life, what if it is pending in space forever after you die? So, in conclusion, those who fear death have lived an unsuccessful life and biblical heaven or hell are just excuses to make up for life. Face it, life itself is pointless, so its up to you to give a point to it, do something that gives you relief!

Illusional
10-07-07, 01:06 AM
haha i gotta laugh. because i don't believe in all of this let me bring up other topic.. cryogenics. all these people believe that in the future, we will have the technology to bring these ice cubes back to life. i think this is also bullsh*t, but what do you think??

raverboy

anachronistic
10-07-07, 01:41 AM
haha i gotta laugh. because i don't believe in all of this let me bring up other topic.. cryogenics. all these people believe that in the future, we will have the technology to bring these ice cubes back to life. i think this is also bullsh*t, but what do you think??

raverboy

I must agree with you on that. But it does make for a good comedy like Austin Powers. ;)

Tiay
10-07-07, 02:20 AM
I don't believe you go anywhere, you're just gone. what annoys me about religion, though, is the arrogance, ie, we know this is where you'll go or this is what'll happen. So I should say, I don't know, but i'm inclined to think that there's nothing after death.

The physical structure that made your consciousness possible can only last so long. Or, in a deeper sense, you return to the earth because you'll decompose, basically.

edit:
so why does "nothing after death" unsettle people? I guess because it follows to think "there's nothing? damn, that'll be boring and lonely".

but it wont be, because loneliness is an emotion generated *physically* in your brain. You can't be lonely if your brain is not functioning because there no longer is a you at all.

funnily enough, the definition of physical is "relating to the body as opposed to the mind", but really, everything is physical, including your mind and therefore your thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. at least, this is what I think.

anachronistic
10-07-07, 03:12 AM
Tiay, did you just contradict yourself with a hint of hypocrisy?

Anyways, I believe that the mind/soul whatever you call it exists on its own apart from the body.

Gigabitch
10-07-07, 05:53 AM
I believe that I don't know. I believe I couldn't handle the truth even if I were face-to-face with it.

Ultimately, I have more pressing concerns, like my life. I'll worry about my death when I get there.

enterprise
10-07-07, 06:09 AM
If asked i would probably come up with the answer of nothing.

I think the idea of a happy after-life just gives people something to live up to. Religion creates a standard for people and a unity between them. It promises things without proof to make people do the right thing. Kind of a conscience boost. I think about it now and then but I never come to any conclusion except that I only hope it's something good.

anachronistic
10-07-07, 06:12 AM
I believe that I don't know. I believe I couldn't handle the truth even if I were face-to-face with it.

Ultimately, I have more pressing concerns, like my life. I'll worry about my death when I get there.

You don't even think about death?

Gigabitch
10-07-07, 06:22 AM
Not very much, actually, no.

anachronistic
10-07-07, 06:24 AM
Not very much, actually, no.

Too busy?

I think I jumpstarted my fear again by watching a few movies... Not just horror movies, either.

Then again, I LOVE horror movies. My fear eventually dies down.

Gigabitch
10-07-07, 06:29 AM
Bleah, horror movies.

Ready for some overshare? I've been terrified for real enough in my life- I get no thrill whatsoever from horror films. Creepy movies are great, but horrror? No, thank you. Not for me.

anachronistic
10-07-07, 06:34 AM
Some types of horror movies I don't like. Things like Silent Hill, with a twist of fantasy are the kinds of horror movies I like. I DO NOT like the horror movies based on real life serial killers and stuff like that.

Tiay
10-07-07, 09:36 AM
Tiay, did you just contradict yourself with a hint of hypocrisy?

how so? seriously I want to know..

Anyways, I believe that the mind/soul whatever you call it exists on its own apart from the body.

well in that case, reincarnation is cooler than going to heaven/hell in my opinion, because it means you could reincarnate as a bug, or a cow in a feedlot, so you better be good to all living things in your lifetime :D

damnit giga, if I could rep you right now..

anachronistic
10-07-07, 11:20 AM
how so? seriously I want to know..

I was actually confused by your post. First you ranted about how certain religions are arrogant and all and then you go on saying that there is nothing after life and that's it.

Tiay
10-07-07, 11:38 AM
oh. ok, to clarify. That's my opinion. in fact, I did say "this is what I think" at the end. You did ask my opinion, it's not like I try to force it on anyone. I also think that I can't really know. but that's what i'm inclined to believe, anyways. It'd be arrogant of me to say "I KNOW it to be like this, and you are wrong, and you should believe in the thing that I believe in", which is what religions often do.

Illusional
11-07-07, 02:35 PM
why do people worry about the inevitable?? everyone knows that they are going to die, but i'm sure that their car or house payments are just as important. why bother with the stuff that you can't control??

and props to tiay... we're on the same page..i feel you girl.

raverboy

boobaa
11-07-07, 07:08 PM
why do people worry about the inevitable?? everyone knows that they are going to die, but i'm sure that their car or house payments are just as important. why bother with the stuff that you can't control??

and props to tiay... we're on the same page..i feel you girl.

raverboy

Well, yeah, but why struggle with car rental? Why not just end it?

So I guess the ultimate question here is, what makes us want to tic? Are we too scared to jump into unknown -- death?

Illusional
12-07-07, 01:08 AM
i think a lot of people want to be remembered. they dont' want their existence here on earth to be a complete waste, which also scares them. we remember our ancestors with tombstones and graves, but before did they have those sorts of things?? no, when you were buried, they put a little cross in the ground and if you were lucky someone would put flowers for you, but they wouldn't inscribe your name or hold a ceremony for you. everyone wants a piece of the pie. shit when i die, i want to be cremated and my ashes scatted probably across the ocean. it'll make life easy for my future generations, i believe.

raverboy

anachronistic
12-07-07, 02:18 AM
i think a lot of people want to be remembered. they dont' want their existence here on earth to be a complete waste, which also scares them. we remember our ancestors with tombstones and graves, but before did they have those sorts of things?? no, when you were buried, they put a little cross in the ground and if you were lucky someone would put flowers for you, but they wouldn't inscribe your name or hold a ceremony for you. everyone wants a piece of the pie. shit when i die, i want to be cremated and my ashes scatted probably across the ocean. it'll make life easy for my future generations, i believe.

raverboy

exactly. i want to be remembered.

Illusional
12-07-07, 01:37 PM
see, i think that's a big reason why people are afraid of death. ulimately, people die and memories are forgotten. that IS the fact of life and i think that it's hard for many people to accept that.

raverboy

anachronistic
13-07-07, 02:18 AM
i will do something that all mankind remember.

Gigabitch
13-07-07, 02:30 AM
Stealing airplanes and flying them into the Twin Towers was memorable.

I wouldn't want to be remembered for being an asshole. It's more important for me to have a positive impact on a few than a memorable impact on many.

anachronistic
13-07-07, 06:29 AM
Stealing airplanes and flying them into the Twin Towers was memorable.

I wouldn't want to be remembered for being an asshole. It's more important for me to have a positive impact on a few than a memorable impact on many.

Do I look like a ****ing towel-head to you? You've seen the pictures.

Illusional
13-07-07, 01:43 PM
hey you could've easily have taken those towel off before cutting your hair. and being all sneaky you took those pictures before returning to your tabilan habits. hey, you never know these days.

raverboy

DoesntMatter
16-07-07, 11:30 AM
exactly. i want to be remembered.

see, i think that's a big reason why people are afraid of death. ulimately, people die and memories are forgotten. that IS the fact of life and i think that it's hard for many people to accept that.

raverboy

I agree, I think a lot of people want to be remembered specifically as a person, but that would be impossible. Maybe they feel like they will forever lose their identity that they spent their whole life defining once they die. This is most likely it. To quote my favorite movie..

"Is this it? That's what it's all about, Manny? Eating, drinking, ****ing, sucking? Snorting? Then what? You're 50. You got a bag for a belly. You got tits, you need a bra. They got hair on them. You got a liver, they got spots on it, and you're eating this ****in' shit, looking like these rich ****ing mummies in here..."

So it probably scares a lot of people that life can amount to nothing.

I was once reading the qualitative reports from a bioassay that a certain individual inadvertently took part in. To cut to the chase this individual took a quantity of DMT way, way above the average dose. For those of you who don't know DMT is a chemical (and drug) that is theorized to cause the "light at the end of the tunnel" hallucination in people about to die. It is also smoked for it's super intense trips (I wouldn't know firsthand). Anyways, I imagine this is as close to death as you can get (mentally), and he said that in the end, when you are dying, you are all alone and it is just you and death. Thought I would share that with you all :mask:

anachronistic
16-07-07, 11:50 AM
i'll be okay as long as i have my

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/329361319_a69f6a71c5.jpg

19ntgf
28-07-07, 07:24 PM
Well, baring in mind that energy cant be destroyed when we die where does all of OUR energy go?

Tiay
28-07-07, 09:10 PM
it degrades. or rather, the energy gradually moves away. stuff like, our bodies become cold- ie, energy has left in form of heat.

Illusional
29-07-07, 05:26 AM
Well, baring in mind that energy cant be destroyed when we die where does all of OUR energy go?

our energy is consumed by the numerous insects that fest upon our bodies.

raverboy

Dave4586
26-08-07, 01:37 AM
yes there is heaven i die there with sexy women in heaven lol:)

misombra
26-08-07, 01:46 AM
wow i've never seen this thread before.

i believe that i was born of the land and i will become the land, which brings itself to life over and over again. and since energy changes and never goes away, i believe i will exist as many other things and will never die.

Jimmy1218
26-08-07, 09:37 AM
When you die, your body disfunctions and you don't exist anymore. You are nothing. But since the human instinct is set to avoid death, many people are afraid of dying.

misombra
26-08-07, 01:23 PM
i disagree.

just because your body doesn't work does not, by any means, mean you're over.

anybody who has ever had a loved one die or go away knows this.

anachronistic
26-08-07, 01:55 PM
our souls exist in another dimension of time and space, and therefore cannot be deleted within this one.

thought i would share this:

YouTube - The Concious - stop motion film

DoesntMatter
26-08-07, 11:02 PM
I hate to be the party-pooper here, but energy can be "destroyed", or more accurately, converted to matter :detective

misombra
26-08-07, 11:11 PM
you're not a party pooper. just clueless is all. i'll forgive you this time.

Tiay
27-08-07, 05:22 AM
the amount of energy in the universe can't be changed, it is constant. all it does is change forms.

'wing, what's so special about humans that we have souls? chimps are like what, 98% the same genes.. do they get souls? what about dolphins? pigs? dogs? cats?

if there is some unseen power or something else going on in the universe other than what we can explain by science- then we have no way of proving it or disproving it. But, it's incredibly vain of humanity to assume that all the fuss is about ourselves.

anachronistic
27-08-07, 06:52 AM
the amount of energy in the universe can't be changed, it is constant. all it does is change forms.

'wing, what's so special about humans that we have souls? chimps are like what, 98% the same genes.. do they get souls? what about dolphins? pigs? dogs? cats?

if there is some unseen power or something else going on in the universe other than what we can explain by science- then we have no way of proving it or disproving it. But, it's incredibly vain of humanity to assume that all the fuss is about ourselves.

i dunno! i am not a chimp... or a cat.

but i would like to think they have souls, because they're animate beings.

Jimmy1218
27-08-07, 07:17 AM
LOLz, your energy probably still exists after you die, but what difference does that make? You're still dead with no thought or conscience. :)

anachronistic
27-08-07, 07:56 AM
LOLz, your energy probably still exists after you die, but what difference does that make? You're still dead with no thought or conscience. :)

prove it.

:)

TDurden
27-08-07, 12:21 PM
When we die, tiny little insects and bacteria devour us. Unless we're embalmed, then that delays things a bit. Or if you're cremated, then you might as well be a pile of cigarette ash in an urn.

The point is that when you're dead, you're gone. You don't retain consciousness and you don't live on in another form.

Yes, it'd be nice if there were more to it, but there isn't.

Jimmy1218
27-08-07, 01:29 PM
hehe, death is when your body and organs disfunction. The end. All the heaven or reincarnation crap are made to make you feel better. No offense meant. :)

atranquilpath
28-08-07, 05:24 PM
I'd also like to believe that there is something after we die, but it's hard to.

I guess none of us can be 100% certain, but i still maintain that I believe nothing happens after we end

DoesntMatter
30-08-07, 02:42 AM

When you convert about 0.00001 grams of matter into energy, you'll get something that will look like Hiroshima or Nagasaki in 1945. So if you consider the mere existence of matter to be energy... THere's an assload

LostNotFound
31-08-07, 01:26 AM
I'd also like to believe that there is something after we die, but it's hard to.

I guess none of us can be 100% certain, but i still maintain that I believe nothing happens after we end

well i don't think it's hard to. it depends if your religious or not. religious books are filled with proof.

minta2
01-09-07, 07:47 AM
I believe when we die we come back as something else-we just don't know it.

What would be creepy is if i looked at a lady ant and died and when i came back as an ant that lady ant could be my mum. How scary is that?

My last thing is: I think Christians have small brains (not going into further details. Just keepen it at that).

DoesntMatter
01-09-07, 10:49 AM
I believe when we die we come back as something else-we just don't know it.

What would be creepy is if i looked at a lady ant and died and when i came back as an ant that lady ant could be my mum. How scary is that?

My last thing is: I think Christians have small brains (not going into further details. Just keepen it at that).

You think Christians have small brains? Look at that stupid shit you just typed about being reincarnated as an ant. There's nothing stupid about following the teachings of Jesus. Not that I follow his teachings, I live a pretty much hollowed out existence.

TDurden
02-09-07, 06:07 AM
well i don't think it's hard to. it depends if your religious or not. religious books are filled with proof.

I think you're confusing the word "proof" with "gibberish"

DoesntMatter
05-09-07, 06:23 AM
Death is unifying. Everyone has the pleasure of being included. Nobody is excluded. But it's not worth musing over for too long, because once you're dead, you won't care.

Some people are fortunate enough to be able to afford to die. They don't have to worry about making a living person sad with their death. Such people are entitled to playing with death with other similar people. They can do things other people can't. Unfortunately sometimes people who matter get involved in such games, and then innocent people are hurt.

Illusional
06-09-07, 01:25 AM
what about those people who don't get to experience birth, yet they die before they exit the womb...

raverboy

bohemiandonut
07-09-07, 03:25 PM
My fundamental thought on death is that consciousness, some form of it anyway, survives physical death. Many would argue that consciousness is a function of the brain, and hence how could consciousness survive braindeath? I would then remind that person that time is also a function of the brain. This is where relativity comes into play.

Let's consider consciousness for a moment. My basic tenet is that consciousness is ubiquitous, ever-present. I mean that while you are asleep, or even in a coma, you are at least self-aware. The catch is that in these situations and similar ones, the memory centers of your brain are not functioning normally. This is why when you wake up, you can't always remember your dream, but it's clear to you that you were at least thinking about something. This makes it very hard to think of death as the sudden evaporation of consciousness. Where would it go? How would you even know it was gone? You could not! This suggests that consciousness continues, or, at least, you would perceive it to...

Here's the theory: Though after death your physical brain would turn into dust, you would only cease to exist to those perceiving you in the normal reference of time. To you, your consciousness would live on forever, in an infinite, relative moment, the moment right before death.

In this little speck of infinity, your mind would become your universe. Also, free from the confines of a physical body, you would experience yourself as your own self-image (the self that you perceive in dreams.) And, consistent with the type of quantum physics where electrons miles apart are observed to interact with eachother as if through some sort of wormhole, you would be able to communicate with every other spirit self, as if on some sort of holographic grid. You know, maybe.

To me, this could explain all sorts of paranormal phonemena. Perhaps some people (mediums) have minds more accessible to the souls that have crossed the death barrier. Perhaps our dreams are only a preview of what it's like to play in the infinite universes that are our minds.

bohemiandonut
07-09-07, 03:26 PM
what about those people who don't get to experience birth, yet they die before they exit the womb...

raverboy

Those aren't people, silly!
:sad2:

Illusional
08-09-07, 05:27 AM
so i'm guessing that you're pro-choice when i'm comes to abortion?? since they aren't people then they do not have souls right?

raverboy

DoesntMatter
08-09-07, 06:13 AM
People don't have souls either, we're highly refined sructures of organic matter

Tiay
08-09-07, 07:09 AM
dude, time is not a function of the brain. That's as silly as saying that trees are a function of the brain, simply because your brain perceives the existence of trees.

so, you're saying that consciousness transcends all time? did your consciousness already kinda exist back when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth? Did the universe somehow know that earth's mammals would evolve into primates and humans, the one species clever enough to have souls/consciousness? Do your grandchildren's consciousness' already exist on some other level? So, that'd mean there's no free will.

another consequence to consider is this; you're saying that your consciousness/soul or whatever keeps existing after your brain is dead, and transcends time- ie, in a way, it has always existed. Even before your birth. so at some point, it 'moved' into your physical brain when it first developed. So your linear physical self should remember this!

You're not thinking through the consequences of your theory, here. Believe me, my boyfriend studied philosophy (and is currently reading a giant book on quantum physics), and while most of it still baffles me, I can tell you that any serious philosopher could see many gaping holes of logic in that which I didn't notice.

Also, there has been much debate about the meaning of dreams. However, dreams are clearly inspired by random combinations of past experiences, fears (ie, the 'naked in the classroom dream') and recent thoughts. At least mine are... :D

edit: also.. I do believe that when you're unconscious, you are not still self-conscious or aware. I mean the word does say un-conscious, defined as "not conscious; lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception as if asleep or dead"

bohemiandonut
08-09-07, 07:16 AM
omgz illusional wtf u talkin bout?:sad2:

Only-virgins
14-09-07, 10:43 AM
Where do you think we go when we die?

What are you? 5?

DoesntMatter
15-09-07, 06:02 AM
Life is for pros

In games like Battlefield 2 and most of CoD, you respawn. ****ing cheap. I think if you die, you should stay dead. Such as in MOH:AA, the most professional and hardcore game God has ever programmed. When you die, you're sorry ass stays dead. The noobs don't respawn. This ensures that only the pros remain.

As FPS Doug has long ago established, there are no respawn points in RL.

TheKissPolice
15-09-07, 11:25 AM
Life is for pros

In games like Battlefield 2 and most of CoD, you respawn. ****ing cheap. I think if you die, you should stay dead. Such as in MOH:AA, the most professional and hardcore game God has ever programmed. When you die, you're sorry ass stays dead. The noobs don't respawn. This ensures that only the pros remain.

As FPS Doug has long ago established, there are no respawn points in RL.

WTH you know fps doug?

TheKissPolice
15-09-07, 11:28 AM
Where do you think we go when we die? Do you think we go through reincarnation? Do you believe that we go to this weird heaven place where we have to worship a god for all eternity? Do you believe we just go somewhere else and live forever? Do you believe there is nothing after life, and that's it? Do you think we turn into ghosts that are unseen and unfelt?

I would like to believe that we go through reincarnation. I don't want to be stuck in a heaven where I have to sit through an eternal church service, and I don't want to go somewhere else. My biggest fear is that after death there is nothing. I don't want that!

trust me wing,there will be something after death,death is not the end but only a transition.

cuddlemonster
16-09-07, 07:22 AM
there are 100,000,000,000 galaxies with each galazy having over 100,000,000,000 stars and each star with a high probability of life on planets... makes you think about where you go after death.

i dont know where, but i bet we may visit other galaxies after we are gone.

Illusional
16-09-07, 07:56 AM
with all this talk about death... and people dying... everyone who believes in life after death and what not must believe that your soul goes somewhere.

what i'm saying.. donut... since i don't believe that people have souls, then would you consider an abortion?? are you pro-choice or prolife?? i'm all about choice because like the rest of us, these blobs of cells called a fetus is nothing more to me that a hassle.. haha

raverboy

DarkDwarf
16-09-07, 08:44 AM
there are 100,000,000,000 galaxies with each galazy having over 100,000,000,000 stars and each star with a high probability of life on planets... makes you think about where you go after death.

i dont know where, but i bet we may visit other galaxies after we are gone.

Are you sure that there are 100 trillion galaxies?

I personally, believe that that's very possible, but we, honestly, have no idea how many.

DarkDwarf
16-09-07, 08:48 AM
I was a surfer or a sailor in previous lives.

Gigabitch
16-09-07, 01:58 PM
what i'm saying.. donut... since i don't believe that people have souls, then would you consider an abortion?? are you pro-choice or prolife?? i'm all about choice because like the rest of us, these blobs of cells called a fetus is nothing more to me that a hassle.. haha

raverboy

I am Pro-Choice, but I would not have an abortion, myself. Everyone should have the right to choose, though.

If it has a heartbeat, it's alive, however, if it's still dependent on the mother for survival, it's her body. That is all.

Anyway, how can anyone think they know what happens when you die? Idiotic. Nobody actually knows.

Alone&Restless
16-09-07, 03:37 PM
I am Pro-Choice, but I would not have an abortion, myself. Everyone should have the right to choose, though.

If it has a heartbeat, it's alive, however, if it's still dependent on the mother for survival, it's her body. That is all.

Anyway, how can anyone think they know what happens when you die? Idiotic. Nobody actually knows.

no one knws wats gona happen,but i think wen u r on ur deathbed waiting,u will callout a superior being dat u didnt believ in all ur life.

cheeze_guy
16-09-07, 08:35 PM
dolphins have to have souls they can have sex for pleasure;)

DoesntMatter
16-09-07, 11:31 PM
I'm against abortion most days. If the little blob of cells has its own unique DNA it doesn't belong to mommy or daddy anymore

Illusional
17-09-07, 04:05 AM
we all basically live to die anyways.. to what's wrong with speeding up the process??

raverboy

cuddlemonster
19-09-07, 03:50 PM
Are you sure that there are 100 trillion galaxies?

I personally, believe that that's very possible, but we, honestly, have no idea how many.

according to my professors and several documentaries...its all in theory... but our galaxy does have that many stars

Illusional
19-09-07, 04:34 PM
most things about the universe are theories and hypotheses.

raverboy

DoesntMatter
19-09-07, 11:37 PM
The thing about the word "theory" is that it's used differently in the scientific community and in common everyday use. Like Darwin's theory of evolution, some people always say "It's just a theory!". To be a theory in science it means it's backed up by an assload of supporting evidence, usually

Illusional
21-09-07, 01:30 AM
yes, theories are supposedly proven facts, however, they are always subjects to numerous test to disprove or rather update the facts. remember how everything thought the world was flat, and that probably was a theory at the time until it was updated.

raverboy

DoesntMatter
21-09-07, 01:42 AM
yes, theories are supposedly proven facts, however, they are always subjects to numerous test to disprove or rather update the facts. remember how everything thought the world was flat, and that probably was a theory at the time until it was updated.

raverboy

Naw that wasn't really a theory in the modern meaning, the scientific process wasn't established back then

Illusional
21-09-07, 01:54 AM
well if you go by modern standards a lot of things from the past aren't up to par. at the time of the thinking that the world was flat, it was probably one of the greatest discoveries in their minds.

raverboy

ftheunion
05-10-07, 02:26 AM
Socrates made an interesting argument in The Apology. Eternal slumber, just not living I guess.

Jbleezyj
26-10-07, 04:38 PM
If you die, yet you are an organ donor and lets say had your heart donated to a person. Are you technically still alive? Or dead. A part of your body is still alive and functioning. Yet your consciously not there. If there were a such thing as a soul. Would your soul be set free? Or would it have to wait for that organ to die to make it "official"?

DoesntMatter
26-10-07, 11:31 PM
Hahaha... Organ donation FTW

Moonchild
26-10-07, 11:35 PM
Dead. When I die, my organs will go to whoever needs them. My blood already goes to people who need it, since I've donated through the Red Cross and the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank. O- for the win. But if my brain isn't functioning and my body isn't intact, I'm dead. Simple as that. If my brain isn't functioning and my body is still being forced to breathe... That's for my family to decide. But I suppose in that case I'd prefer they take my organs, give them to people who need the chance for a full life, and let me go.

DoesntMatter
26-10-07, 11:39 PM
Yeah I agree, once I'm dead I don't care who takes my heart or kidneys or whatever else they want. Maybe someone can also take my dick and actually use it

misombra
26-10-07, 11:43 PM
when i die, i'm going straight to heaven.

Gigabitch
26-10-07, 11:45 PM
when i die, i'm going straight to heaven.

I agree. And Kubla will lick your face.

Moonchild
26-10-07, 11:55 PM
I like to believe in heaven... Though I don't know what to expect of it.

misombra
26-10-07, 11:56 PM
lol. kubla doesn't lick, he slimes...

nintendozelda
05-11-07, 05:06 AM
i believe everybody goes to the same place

DoesntMatter
05-11-07, 05:12 AM
When I think of death I think of the grim reaper from Family Guy