PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Swearing Privileges.

Junket
23-07-07, 11:45 AM
Admin...what the hell, dude??

Why are our curses being censored out??

This was one of the few things that made LF so great.

I would sooner give up my increased PM count than give up my swear words.

Gribble
23-07-07, 11:50 AM
What the **** is this god damn shit, you cock sucking cunts? I want to ****ing cuss, for ****'s sake!!!

EDIT: Heh. Apparently the filter doesn't work very well.

anachronistic
23-07-07, 01:17 PM
What the **** is this god damn shit, you cock sucking cunts? I want to ****ing cuss, for ****'s sake!!!

EDIT: Heh. Apparently the filter doesn't work very well.

hahaha, this post made me laugh a little.

anyhow, loveadmin probably got sick of all the cussing around here (i must admit, i at times get a bit rambunctious with my cussing) especially with ex-members like zro, who always spoke in a manner of 'f-this and f-that'.

Illusional
23-07-07, 02:37 PM
hrmm... i don't believe that swear words should be censored. being society will talk however they please, i feel that this should be brought back. sometimes you want to express yourself in such a manner that, "oh cookies" just doesn't cut it.

raverboy

Junket
23-07-07, 06:37 PM
Precisely.

Plus, zro is gone, most people here take responsibility and care with their usage of words.

loveadmin
23-07-07, 09:02 PM
i have seen post directed at member with this:
"shut the f**k up"

Definitely not nice.

Gigabitch
23-07-07, 11:32 PM
Then the meanness needs to be moderated, not the swear words.

We could all be like OV and start spelling it "fawk". I, for one, have every confidence that I can be incredibly offensive and mean-spirited without ever using any of the words identified by the filter as being "bad", I just choose not to.

Don't take away my F-word!

LoveTwist
24-07-07, 04:15 AM
Precisely.

Plus, zro is gone, most people here take responsibility and care with their usage of words.

Sorry this is a side note, but as you may or may not have noticed I've been gone awhile...

What happened to zro?

Gigabitch
24-07-07, 05:14 AM
I'm not sure, and I'm around all the time. I think he was temporarily banned, and he probably said, "**** this place! I'm getting the **** out of here! **** you, you ****ing ****s!"

IndiReloaded
24-07-07, 07:55 AM
This thread made me laugh. Free speech for LF, lol!

Anyone else watch that Battlestar Galactica? They use a word "frak"... so yes, I agree that its not the word, its how its used & it shouldn't be banned.

LA, I didn't know you were such a puritan... ;)

Tiay
24-07-07, 08:16 AM
how about using "smeg" from Red Dwarf instead? :D

anachronistic
24-07-07, 08:36 AM
guys we should make up new words for cusswords :D

Jimmy1218
24-07-07, 11:15 AM
swearing is a part of life! You cant live without it, at least I certainly cant. But what i hate is ultra sensitive filters. For example, i got kicked from a public chat room by a filter last week because I wrote "hot water." Ya know...hoT WATer...looks like the word t w a t.

Illusional
24-07-07, 12:37 PM
for the most part, i feel that because this is a public forum, special rules like thing shouldn't deter people away. alright, maybe it's not shown on regular television but basically everyone on here has already or is planning on f*cking... what's the difference if they actually say f*ck or making love?? it's the same thing, but the feelings is different.. and expressions are always different among different people.

secondly, those of you who tell me to shut the f*ck up shall be banned, hey i too can pull a kiechi.. well honestly though, for those people that get a, "shut the f*ck up" probably deserved it or the person who said it is a total ass hole. haha (pretty sly huh). honestly how many of YOU really take offense when someone tells you to shut the F up?? i simply just laugh in their faces.

raverboy

anachronistic
27-07-07, 08:10 AM
here's my point of view: big ****in' deal.

it's a censor, get over it. those of us who have common sense and speak plain english will be able to decipher what is behind the asterisks.

vashti
27-07-07, 08:13 AM
I still miss zro. If I had his email address, I would invite him back.

anachronistic
27-07-07, 08:17 AM
I still miss zro. If I had his email address, I would invite him back.

oh, poor vashti...

haha, he'd probably write you a message like "**** you, stupid bitch. i'm not going back to that **** forum, what the **** have you been smokin you ****in' bitchmade mother****er? hahahhaha, ****in bitch."

vashti
27-07-07, 08:28 AM
I doubt it. I am one of the few people he was polite to. He never once swore at me.

anachronistic
27-07-07, 08:32 AM
I doubt it. I am one of the few people he was polite to. He never once swore at me.

heh, how did i miss THAT?!?

Tiay
27-07-07, 08:53 AM
here's my point of view: big ****in' deal.

I think it's making me swear more, actually.

anachronistic
27-07-07, 09:02 AM
I think it's making me swear more, actually.

please explain. i'm curious.

Tiay
27-07-07, 09:07 AM
just for the novelty of getting the ***'s and making people wonder if you said the f word or the c word or the t word..

anachronistic
27-07-07, 09:09 AM
just for the novelty of getting the ***'s and making people wonder if you said the f word or the c word or the t word..

i know what you mean :D one of my favorite things to do is tell someone something like "you ****** of a goat's ***! go ****** your mom with a *** until she screams ****!"

Tiay
27-07-07, 09:13 AM
lol, yeah. I bet you used plain *'s for that. what words other than the f word are censored? how about twat? cunt? bitch? shit? asshole? nigger?

Tiay
27-07-07, 09:15 AM
geez, not a single one of those..? ****ing ineffective...

anachronistic
27-07-07, 09:17 AM
lol, yeah. I bet you used plain *'s for that. what words other than the f word are censored? how about twat? cunt? bitch? shit? asshole? nigger?

no :D i didn't use *any* asterisks.

test....: scheiße! kacke! kanack! ziege! mutterficker! arschloch!

Es ist richtig gut dass loveadmin kann nicht schonmal Deutsch sprechen!

Tiay
27-07-07, 09:55 AM
see? it makes people swear more!

Illusional
27-07-07, 03:17 PM
so i guess it's back to the damn asterisks ... it's such a humbug to reach up to the 8 button while pushing the shift key...

raverboy

Gigabitch
28-07-07, 01:54 AM
Excuse me? My favorite word is vulgar? You have a problem with....TWAT?

IndiReloaded
28-07-07, 09:06 AM
so i guess it's back to the damn asterisks ... it's such a humbug to reach up to the 8 button while pushing the shift key...

raverboy

Just type it. Let the ****ing Program of Shame do the editing.

Junket
02-08-07, 02:33 AM
C'mon LA, we've all been good, give us our f-words backs!

loveadmin
02-08-07, 10:18 AM
Sound like you cannot survive without them. :)

anachronistic
02-08-07, 12:57 PM
lol! loveadmin just pwnt frasbee

now i have seen everything

Junket
02-08-07, 01:12 PM
Sound like you cannot survive without them. :)

I'm not thinking about myself.

I'm putting the health of the forum before my own wants and desires.

Profanity=Happy Loveforum.

anachronistic
02-08-07, 01:13 PM
why don't we just call it f*ckforum?

Junket
02-08-07, 01:14 PM
why don't we just call it f*ckforum?

I like the way you think.

anachronistic
02-08-07, 01:18 PM
you know... i think the domain name is free. i could create a f*ckforum if i wanted

just kidding. if i could purchase another domain i would build an art forum.

Illusional
03-08-07, 12:59 PM
well love = f*cking = love

so when you think about it, maybe we should change the name.

raverboy

Junket
07-08-07, 09:52 AM
Yo, Admin.

Dude, we weren't jokin', we really want our ****s back.

anachronistic
07-08-07, 10:04 AM
frasbee, you're ****ing lucky. if i were admin i would make it so every time you typed "****" it would display as "plug". you would not like me as the admin.

What the plug is going on here? Motherplugging plugger took our plugs away!

Junket
07-08-07, 10:55 AM
frasbee, you're ****ing lucky. if i were admin i would make it so every time you typed "****" it would display as "plug". you would not like me as the admin.

What the plug is going on here? Motherplugging plugger took our plugs away!

Kissass.
______

anachronistic
07-08-07, 11:10 AM
Kissass.
______

fück ;)

_______

Junket
07-08-07, 11:33 AM
fück ;)

_______

Fùckin' show off.

anachronistic
07-08-07, 11:37 AM
fückin' copycat.

loopholes, frasbee. ;) btw, i bet loveadmin will probably disallow the umlaut and accent marks now.