PDA

View Full Version : can't.. make.. posts!

Tiay
01-08-07, 09:49 AM
I can't make posts of certain threads, such as the fake mini thread.. what the heck is going on here? I've tried using a different browser, clearing my cache, going to advanced as opposed to quick post... nothing works!

it is BEYOND frustrating to write a good reply and be unable to post it no matter how often you try. What's going on here??

anachronistic
01-08-07, 10:18 AM
perhaps it is your computer or your internet. having trouble with other forums/websites?

Jimmy1218
01-08-07, 10:24 AM
bad connection, virus, or low memory. Believe me, i'm a super computer geek.

Tiay
01-08-07, 10:54 AM
vashti was having trouble too, though.

no virus, all other sites and threads work fine. It seems like some higher power decides to lock me out of one or two specific threads, and thereafter I can't post in them for at least a day or so. Yes, my wifi connection is a bit wobbly- but it is NOT that; not after trying to post something a zillion times on one thread, while its working fine on other threads.

loveadmin
01-08-07, 11:51 AM
The server could have detect some sensitive combination of code or linux command that prevent you from posting it.

can you forward to content to support(at)loveforum.net . I will check what is wrong.

Tiay
01-08-07, 11:54 AM
thanks LA. er, what should I forward? I just tried posting again- still didn't work. yet THIS will work. hrm.

loveadmin
01-08-07, 12:19 PM
Hi tiay,

Copy the content and forward to my email support(at)loveforum.net . i will check for you.

anachronistic
01-08-07, 12:47 PM
bad connection, virus, or low memory. Believe me, i'm a super computer geek.

do you know any c? i could really use an indie programmer to help me write some functions for my game.

anyhow, loveadmin what i think tiay is trying to say is that she isn't getting an error message, it just doesn't post her material and freezes at the quick reply. i just got that error in the "orgasm" thread in the intimate forum.

as i last recalled the admin panel for vbulletin allows you to view a user log? perhaps you could examine it and see if there are any errors showing up.

Tiay
01-08-07, 12:53 PM
thanks wing. yeah, I don't get an error. Quick Post simply doesn't do anything, and posting via 'go advanced' loads forever, then shows a white screen.

anachronistic
01-08-07, 12:58 PM
thanks wing. yeah, I don't get an error. Quick Post simply doesn't do anything, and posting via 'go advanced' loads forever, then shows a white screen.

yes exactly. i experience the same thing, even on our direct connection to the internet at work. it is probably an error caused by the server loveforum.net is hosted on. i had this problem on a client's phpbb once.

Tiay
01-08-07, 01:10 PM
virus my ass.

Tiay
01-08-07, 01:14 PM
huh, odd, I thought this thread locked me out, but now it worked. bizzare. tried it again, but with a much longer text, blank screen. this is like making a speech when you're sporadically becoming invisible and inaudible.

then I tried to edit in the long text. didn't work. odd huh?

Illusional
01-08-07, 01:56 PM
virus my ass.

you've got a virus in your ass?? eww that's just sick. that's worse than someone stealing your cream. oh wait, is this why you are so mad about loosing your cream?? :D

raverboy

Tiay
01-08-07, 02:17 PM
haha..

no :tough:

Illusional
01-08-07, 05:17 PM
haha don't gimme that face.. you know i couldn't resist.

raverboy