PDA

View Full Version : I'm Moving to Oklahoma-

Junket
14-10-07, 11:01 AM
-on Monday.

For a girl.

The idea sounds crazy, and I'm trying to persuade myself that I'm crazy, because a year ago, I wouldn't even consider it. But now? Now it's just seems like the logical thing to do.

Fancy that. LOGICAL.

For everybody that has never experienced love. I suggest you do your best to avoid it. Look what it's done to me of all people.

Christ.

Oklahoma.

miSSleepy
14-10-07, 11:07 AM
Well, good luck ;)

how long have you know her?

gartlas
14-10-07, 11:11 AM
hahahah and u called me a priss.seriously its not worth it,how long have u known her?are u already in a relationship or just chasing her.but man Im english and still I have heard that nothing human lives i oklahoma,have u been taking LSD or mushrooms?

Junket
14-10-07, 11:56 AM
If anybody needs to ask how long I've known her, then neither need to comment here. This is directed to specific people.

Specifically to Gartlas: Even my girlfriend doesn't bitch about the toilet seat.

GrkScorp
14-10-07, 12:07 PM
-on Monday.

For a girl.

The idea sounds crazy, and I'm trying to persuade myself that I'm crazy, because a year ago, I wouldn't even consider it. But now? Now it's just seems like the logical thing to do.

Fancy that. LOGICAL.

For everybody that has never experienced love. I suggest you do your best to avoid it. Look what it's done to me of all people.

Christ.

Oklahoma.

That's not crazy at all.. I once met a girl in Greece, (I live in New York), and I wanted to throw my life away just to stay there with her. For the two months that I was there, we would do nothing but stay at the beach all day/night, go to clubs, out to eat, hiking, sex, etc. It was like heaven, but when those two months were up, I had to go back.

Now, i'm not saying it was for the better. For a long time, I felt regret, I felt incomplete, not that anything was missing from (me), but that someone was missing from my life, my partner; the perfect partner. Now, i'm in a new relationship, so it's hard to reflect back to the exact emotions.

But, if you find a person who moves you to such a grande scale, go for it. Why? Because as crazy as it may seem to you, the two of you will actually be happy. Why? Because it's more important for a woman to find someone who loves her, than to find someone she loves. And it's more important for a man to find someone her loves, than someone who loves him. (not that the other sides to that are not important).

But as a man, you NEED to have the fuel, the fire, the lust, the motivation in the relationship, basically the drive to love your partner. So in order for a relationship to last, it's important that YOU love your partner. Similarly, for the woman, the need to feel cared for and loved stands up to any other issue or demand in the relationship. Now, what's interesting is that when the man loves his partner, and the woman feels loved and cared for, then she in return loves and cares for her partner with the same passion and energy, and thus the male is also loved and cared for. (but this last part is but a raindrop in the ocean of the relationship dynamic).

Moral of the story, you NEED to find someone you love and want to care for, someone who brings those urges out from within you. And if you've found that person, then by all means, chase after them, it's not a dumb idea at all, for as long as the feeling is mutual and not unilatteral!

:french:

miSSleepy
14-10-07, 12:09 PM
O ok, specific people on a public forum. 'Tis cool.

Anyway, I know nothing about Oklohoma except that a building got bombed.

Junket
14-10-07, 12:16 PM
O ok, specific people on a public forum. 'Tis cool.

Anyway, I know nothing about Oklohoma except that a building got bombed.

Nothing against you 'Sleepy, but the back story of this relationship ventures back about a year. I could provide you with several links if you really care to know.

Scorp: Yeah, I've been trying to convince myself that I'm crazy, as well as convince others I'm crazy for doing this. But as soon as somebody agrees that I'm crazy, I have to argue with them, because really, I don't think I am crazy. I'm far too cautious to do something I'd sincerely deem "crazy". The relationship has simply reached a point where it's the next logical step.

miSSleepy
14-10-07, 12:19 PM
I didn't take it as anything against me Frasbee.

Just go for it. You seem to have your head `screwed on so I'm sure you'll survive. And besides, I believe in living, even if it includes some seemingly-crazy decisions.

DoesntMatter
14-10-07, 12:21 PM
Good luck with the move Frasbee!!

But I've got to ask, do you have a job lined up down there already?

Junket
14-10-07, 12:28 PM
But I've got to ask, do you have a job lined up down there already?

No. This is the thing I'm most worried about. I'll be staying with my brother and his wife. They got an extra room. My brother wants me to be jobless for at least the first month because we've been planning on me helping him finish flipping a house he's been working on.

I'll start searching as soon as I get there. I'm hoping I can put my maintenance diploma to use, but I'm not gonna be too picky. My girlfriend lives down in Texas, about a 2 hour drive. Much better than a 3-5 hour commute by plane.

I'm driving out there, so I'll have my car.

Other thing is, the overall cost of living is much less than it is up here in Philly. So while the job market may not be booming, and I may not get paid as much...it all kinda evens out in the end.

IndiReloaded
14-10-07, 12:31 PM
Fras, you only get one kick at the can. You love each other & are good together; its the right decision. Besides, Oklahoma is only a place. Sorry if this sounds cheesy, but *home* is where the ppl you love are. And you *don't* have to stay there forever.

I moved down to Boston from Canada to be w/my husband after being separated from him for almost a year. We lived there 8 years & then moved someplace else. It was a great decision. Oh, and this means next move will be your choice/turn.

Good luck and enjoy!

DoesntMatter
14-10-07, 12:34 PM
Fras, you only get one kick at the can.

Come on and kick the can, MAN!

vashti
14-10-07, 02:10 PM
Aww, Fras... I hope you will still post when you get down there! I am so pleased for you both.

I think you are making the right decision.

*hugs*

squirrley
14-10-07, 06:28 PM
Goodluck! Its always exciting though venturing into new things!!!!

Tiay
14-10-07, 10:14 PM
I envy you, fras. It must feel a bit surreal to pack everything in your car and just drive there. But I bet it'll feel normal to be there in no time.

..I hope you have internet there.

vashti
14-10-07, 11:14 PM
I think this is a very exciting time in your life!

I can't wait to hear about it.

gartlas
15-10-07, 02:11 AM
yeah,if it works ,if shes from oklahoma,he might find she sudenly transforms into a green bug eyed monster.

lol probably not but still much as I hate u frasbee ,and Im sure vice versa,good luck with it

ps.I am NOT a prissy, I am just hygeinic

Junket
15-10-07, 04:44 AM
Most of my stuff is packed. I'm just deciding now what I'll take with me, and what I'll have shipped. I'm only drivin' an '87 Honda Accord, it runs well, it's just lacking in terms of torque, to say the least. So I'll be bringing the essentials, clothes, important documents. And my dad is gonna ship any electronics, cd's, dvd's, miscellaneous stuff later.

Checked the fluids in the car, just had an oil change and the inspection. Only thing I had to do was run out and buy some power steering fluid, but otherwise, the car is good to go.

I could've had the car packed a while ago. I'm just...I dunno. It's just so much stuff to remember. I'm leaving this computer behind. Figure I'll just buy a new one when I get out there. Probably a nice laptop. My brother just bought a PC and he does have cable internet, so it shouldn't be long before I'm on again. I backed up all my music and pictures to a portable hard drive, then deleted/uninstalled most everything from this computer.

I've thrown and given away so much. It's weird to purge so much of your life. But if feels kinda good. To just start new. In fact, I really don't have that much to start. I don't own that many clothes, and still I found plenty to donate. I donated about half of my books to a local library and then half of what was left to a friend. I swapped back in my old 128-bit video card and gave my 256-bit card to my buddy who's PC is weakest out of all my friends.

After I post this, I'm gonna clear the history, favorites, cookies, and browsing history.

I've already changed my address for all my bills. In fact, just today I went to enter my Philly zip code at the gas pump, and it came up as incorrect. Fortunately I've memorized my Oklahoma zip.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Thanks for the support. It's not like AmeriCorps, I'll be back soon enough. Probably by the end of the week even and give you all an update.

- Choi

vashti
15-10-07, 05:20 AM
Drive safely!

Gribble
15-10-07, 05:54 AM
Wow, Fras. You know, I'm the biggest pessimist in the world when it comes to love but for some reason I think you're doing the right thing. Go for it, man. And tell us all about it.

Tiay
15-10-07, 08:28 AM
i'm so freaking happy for you.

just remember that even if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan, it doesn't mean your fresh start is tarnished. if that makes any sense.. it does to me anyway.

Gigabitch
16-10-07, 03:01 AM
Wow, I'm really amped about this, Fras!

Also excited that you'll just HAVE to do a little road trip to visit me and Misombra. Don't show up without Amy. I want to meet this awesome girl.

Junket
23-10-07, 01:10 AM
Hey guys! I've been meaning to check in earlier, but I've been busy. I got in on Tuesday, dropped my dad off in Dallas so he could take a plane back ASAP and drove the rest of the 3 hours by myself. That was pretty intense. I kinda got emotional after dropping my dad off, like all of a sudden I was alone in the world. But I liked having those few final hours to myself, to just...I dunno, think. After I got North of Dallas I cruised at 70 mph. There's not much along those roads. Few houses speckled here and there, but a lot of plains. I also discovered my cruise control does work in the final 2 hours. Better later than never, right? That made the trip alot more enjoyable. My ass and thigh were constantly fallin' asleep.

20 minutes after I arrived, I ended up becoming the videotaper for my brother and his friend as they tried lifting a 300 pound concrete rock after slather themselves in some kind of concentrated pine sap. After one "half success" and multiple failed attempts I had to look up a home remedy to get that pine tack off them. Which resulted in them rubbing chunky peanut butter on their arms and chest.

It actually worked.

Anyway, so my new family is my brother Jim, his wife Natasha and their foster childer (maybe soon to be adopted child), Victor. He's a half white half black 3 year old. Not bad to for a kid, I'm usually not too keen on the runts.

I got my own room, and Amy visited this past weekend! Not only that, but the day she arrived is the same day she put a deposit down on an apartment, so in two weeks I'm gonna help her move in.

So, now I'm lookin' for jobs while getting used to the area. Lawton really ain't so bad, they got plenty of restaurants, stores, a mall and the standard infrastructure you'd find in a suburban neighborhood.

I might not be on as much as I used to be, at least until I get a job, but I'll still get on fairly regularly. Thanks for all the support guys! I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Next big thing? November 25th is comin' up. That'll be 1 year since me and Ames started dating. I'm workin' on how Imma tell her those infamous 3 words, but I'll eventually start that in a separate thread.

squirrley
23-10-07, 05:30 AM
Wahoo way to go Fras!!! That was probably the biggest step you've made! Good for you sweetie! Youre THERE HONEY!!!!! A whole new life a brand new start, what a refreshing thing for you! Were all here for you! How exciting this is for you! Goodluck on the job hunt and gawd please let us know what happens with Amy! That moment will be unforgettable for you!

vashti
23-10-07, 05:54 AM
Is that what people in Oklanhoma do for fun? Cover themselves in tree sap? Wow, culture shock! Do you plan to engage in this activity, too?

Tiay
23-10-07, 07:44 AM
I was going to skip through your post because it's kinda long and it's late here.. but then I saw something about rubbing on peanut butter so I decided it read it properly from the top XD

man, i'm so jealous of you! I wish you the best. Keep us posted please (:

Gigabitch
23-10-07, 11:35 PM
Maybe you and Amy can rub peanut butter on one another for your anniversary. Romantic!

I hope you get a job soon.

Junket
24-10-07, 07:16 AM
Had an interview today at a Quick Lube. They'd provide training, and I know I could learn fast, I told them this, and they were ready to hire me on the spot. Except they said everybody must work Fridays and Saturdays. That's not gonna work out for Ames and I, so I had to pass it up. Too bad.

I got a list of businesses to call and visit tomorrow though. I just need something that'll last me about a year. My plan is that by then me and Ames will know one way or another what direction our relationship will be heading.

Workin' on it, workin' on it, workin' on it.

DoesntMatter
24-10-07, 07:21 AM
Workin' on it, workin' on it, workin' on it.

Don't work too hard, you'll stress yourself out ;)

Oh and Frasbee, Philadelphia was voted the least attractive city in the US. I wanted to tell you that

Junket
24-10-07, 07:26 AM
Don't work too hard, you'll stress yourself out ;)

Oh and Frasbee, Philadelphia was voted the least attractive city in the US. I wanted to tell you that

Philadelphia tastes a lot better than it looks.

misombra
24-10-07, 08:58 AM
wow frizzz. how exciting!!!

and as giga is right, now you're too close to ignore us!...

anachronistic
24-10-07, 12:49 PM
wherever you go, may you be happy.

Junket
25-10-07, 01:05 AM
So on my 2nd day of drivin' about looking for a job, apparently I just landed one at the Goodyear Factory 10 minutes from here.

It's Monday-Friday, 7-3pm. 7 bucks an hour. The cost of living here is much less than it is in Philadelphia, so the idea of most entry level positions being 7 bucks has thrown me off a little bit, but that's about average. The minimum wage is like 5.50.

Here's the thing.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY JOB IS.

I asked the guy I was looking for a Mon-Fri thing, and he says there was only one position open for that kind of shift, and so I asked him if I needed to be skilled for that job, he told me they'd train me regardless.

Here's to hoping that whatever it is, it's bearable enough to last me about a year. Right now, top priority is sustaining myself enough that I can pay all my expenses while having time to visit Amy.

Orientation starts tomorrow at 7:30am.

I'm happy and nervous at the same time.

Gigabitch
25-10-07, 04:05 AM
Well, congratulations on your job, whatever it is.

Junket
25-10-07, 05:18 AM
It's not set in stone, I'm not yet an employee, and I'm still searching for other jobs...filling out an application as an apartment maintenance position right now. But it's a start, and a pretty good one I think, even if I don't take it.

IndiReloaded
25-10-07, 05:27 AM
Work hard & move up quickly. Are you gonna be okay at that wage, Fras? Post a new thread about this if you need help/ideas.

Good luck w/everything!

artyemi
29-10-07, 05:15 AM
Aww. so cute. Oklahoma isn't so far away. You'll make new friends, and get to be with the love of your life.

misombra
29-10-07, 09:53 AM
arty!!!!!!

Junket
30-10-07, 03:50 AM
This is copied from my blog, but it's relevant to this thread for obvious reasons. I left out the part concerning my job searching frustrations.

On the other hand, outside of looking for a job. Living here has been alright. It kinda hit me that I will probably still be living here for a year. It hit me in a rather bizarre way when I was talking to my brother the other night. A whole year? That's crazy. The other thing is, now that I'm living with my brother, I can see how much we've changed. How much less I look up to him. His word might as well have been God's when I was younger. Now I catch myself telling him to "shut up" and "I don't care" to his random rants about religion, or why it's wrong to hit a kid, or fúck, who knows what else.

Speakin' of kids. I definitely have a limited patience for the 3 year old runts.They get their hands into everything and they barely understand, much less speak English. Can you imagine having to explain to a grown adult why pissing in your pants is frowned upon? Or how everybody will like you less if you start crying?

You can't reason with these things. They're too dumb. I find myself treating the kid the same way I treat the 4 obnoxious dogs. "No!" when they do something wrong, and an obligatory pat on the head if they do something right. If they act stubborn, I either grab them by the collar, or pick them up and put them where they need to be.

2 things I hope for by the time I leave this place.

1.) One or more of these dogs will either die, runaway, or be sold.

2.) Victor will start pissing in the toilet and stop crying like a little wuss. Oh, discontinue pronouncing his C's like T's.

vashti
30-10-07, 07:04 AM
I like three year olds, but it wouldn't be easy to move in with one you haven't known intimately from birth... culture shock.

Gigabitch
31-10-07, 05:56 AM
Three year olds are completely unreasonable. I'm glad you wen with the collar. I should have done that with my kid.

Junket
06-11-07, 03:30 AM
I gave her an orgasm for the first time (at which point she literally kicked me off the bed), Saturday.

She brought me to climax for the first time, Sunday. It was a pretty good weekend.

On the downside, Eagles lost to Cowboys.

Tiay
06-11-07, 06:08 AM
woah! how'd she kick you off the bed?!

vashti
06-11-07, 08:42 AM
Pretty good weekend? SOunds like a GREAT weekend to me.

Junket
08-11-07, 01:40 PM
Had a talk with Amy, moving in with her is kinda out of the question because of her parents.

However, I'm considering moving in with roommates and then finding a job once I get there. I would have a lot more freedom in the kind of job I applied for if I was living in the same area as Amy.

In fact I might stay with her this upcoming week to do job/apartment hunting.

My options are beginning to feel exhausted here in Lawton, I need to look at alternatives.

Gigabitch
09-11-07, 05:20 AM
Yes, I'm beginning to think it wasn't meant to happen.

Junket
09-11-07, 07:49 AM
Yes, I'm beginning to think it wasn't meant to happen.

Hey, just because I lost my enthusiasm doesn't mean you're supposed to too.

Nevermind, I'm gonna be hopeful in spite of you.

Pool Pros just called me back for an interview at noon tomorrow.

Eat that.

Gigabitch
10-11-07, 04:54 AM
Hey, just because I lost my enthusiasm doesn't mean you're supposed to too.

MY enthusiasm is for you living in the same city as Ames, so there.

Junket
28-12-07, 07:00 AM
Everything sucks.

Gigabitch
28-12-07, 07:01 AM
No, it doesn't. It just sucks in Oklahoma.

Junket
28-12-07, 07:07 AM
No, it doesn't. It just sucks in Oklahoma.

I feel like I've lost all enthusiasm.

Maybe it's just this week.

But I feel stressed financially, physically, emotionally.

I'm now second guessing living with Ames, as our passion for each other has become unbalanced, maybe because of the above.

I hate not having friends outside of this relationship.

I hate that my brother isn't the guy I knew when I grew up.

I hate that my nap was interrupted by my brother today for him to leave me baby sitting their 3 year old.

I didn't get Amy anything because I just haven't had the energy to buying/making her a gift, and now I'm creating a soulless mixed CD.

Anytime she tells me she loves me or likes me, it's just like "eh". She's still in the clouds I've just fallen out of.

Gigabitch
28-12-07, 07:13 AM
Well you're damned lucky she's still in the clouds. It'll give you time to get your head straight.

1. Get her a freaking Christmas present, NOW.
2. Cut yourself some slack. Pretty much everyone feels this way right after Christmas. You'll pull out of it. Try not to leave too much shit for yourself to clean up when you do (see #1)
3. Right now is not the time to judge your relationship. You're isolated in Oklahoma, for Christ's sake. You aren't well.
4. Get out of there. You'll feel better immediately. If you don't want to see Ames, come here, and Misombra and I will take care of you for a while.

Junket
28-12-07, 07:25 AM
Y'know i used to enjoy getting people presents.

This year, not so much, I didn't get my brother and his wife a present until Christmas day (obligatory). I didn't want Amy to get me a present because I didn't feel like getting her a present.

I'm tired of being put down and disrespected at work. I hate these simpled minded southern folk. I'm so exhausted after work during the week I rarely leave the house once I get home. Weekends it's usually Amy, or I stay home and keep to myself. I am feeling very isolated. It kinda creeped up on me out of nowhere.

Not only that, but the discussions about moving to NOLA in March and whether or not me and Amy should live together have stressed me out. I was all for it, and she wasn't before, and now it feels like we've switched roles. She's all for it, even willing to put up with whatever shit her parents will give her, and now I'm thinking I'd rather have my own apartment.

The 4 bitches keep barking and Victor is whining because I won't let him have a candy cane.

Gigabitch
28-12-07, 07:27 AM
Gaaahh. Feed Victor to the bitches and start working on a solid exit strategy.

You've hit the Wall of Suck, that point at which moving somewhere has lost all it's novelty and you haven't actually built a life yet. It would happen anywhere, but you've moved to a particularly bleak place, so it's worse.

Get out of there, Fras.

Junket
28-12-07, 07:56 AM
Who needs God when I have you guys?

Gigabitch
28-12-07, 08:39 AM
I think I smell a burning bush.

vashti
28-12-07, 09:46 AM
I think you need to make some friends. Amy can't possibly fill all your needs. Of course, you know that.

anachronistic
28-12-07, 02:05 PM
If I were in your shoes...

I'd probably kick the 3 year old nephew like I was kicking a field goal... while aiming for your brother.

Then I would probably take a shit in the puppy chow to give the bitches a taste of their own medicine.

And then I'd put exlax in Natasha's coffee when she's not looking just so I can laugh at her explosive diarrhea.

Then I'd buy a big gigantic tub of plastic balls, put it in your brother's living room, get naked and jump in it.

I'd spray piss all over their toilet seat: on the walls, in the shower, in the sink, out the window.

And then I'd go to work and curb stomp every mother****er that gets in my face.

But not really. I'd be nearly borderline though. I'd probably talk with your brother about everything. Let him know how you feel. Maybe that will help.

I don't know what to tell you except sorry for your misfortunes. I hope you somehow find a way to be happy, because it's possible. Remember that.

vashti
28-12-07, 02:30 PM
Wow, lilwing... very "zen".

anachronistic
28-12-07, 03:04 PM
Wow, lilwing... very "zen".

I thank thee, oh great Enlightened One.

You do know I was kidding in attempt to cheer up Fras... right?

lostinross
30-12-07, 07:24 AM
live is for living not regretting frasbee, go for it :)