PDA

View Full Version : What gives you REASON for LIVING!

xmoongirlx
23-11-07, 04:29 PM
Truly my reasons are:

1.Life is just a gift from God!

2.Have a career & be a proffesional at w/e field I end up majoring!

3.Be there for my family and friends when they need me!

4.Find my soul-mate (or so called OTHER-HALF) have a family and kids!:D

What are YOURS?

EmoBlackBelt
23-11-07, 06:30 PM
Because if I kill myself, I burn in hell for all eternity. At least that's what my parents said. That pretty much makes living a necessity.

DoesntMatter
24-11-07, 02:45 AM
I am here to poon noobs, play video games, eat good food, learn things, have fun, make money, enjoy my family and friends, play paintball, ski, give money to the poor, travel, watch movies, piss off the political left and right, cause road rage, collect coins, play with chemicals, do research in a couple years, drink a lot of coffee every morning, watch the news, hate the New England Patriots, have a family, set off fireworks at odd hours, etc.

DarkDwarf
24-11-07, 12:17 PM
I am here to poon noobs, play video games, eat good food, learn things, have fun, make money, enjoy my family and friends, play paintball, ski, give money to the poor, travel, watch movies, piss off the political left and right, cause road rage, collect coins, play with chemicals, do research in a couple years, drink a lot of coffee every morning, watch the news, hate the New England Patriots, have a family, set off fireworks at odd hours, etc.

I couldn't agree more, except with the Patriots thing. I'm impartial.

LostNotFound
25-11-07, 05:02 AM
i am for enjoying life. as much as i study now, i want to retire young and travel with my S.O

Tedel
28-11-07, 03:16 AM
I'd say curiosity in my case: Life always manages to give you new things and surprises. :)

IndiReloaded
28-11-07, 03:23 AM
I wonder how my cat would answer this..

Gribble
28-11-07, 03:29 AM
Poon noobs? I think my definition of poon differs from yours, DM...

I'm here to enjoy myself. That's it. I'm not here for fulfillment. I'm not here to succeed financially. I'm not here for other people.

I'm here for me. I'm going to live for the moment, societal pressures be damned.

Gigabitch
28-11-07, 03:39 AM
Tbh, I don't need a reason. I'm alive. I won't always be. May as well explore it while I can.

squirrley
28-11-07, 07:18 AM
1. God

2. Family and Friends

3. Husband

4. SOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Gigabitch
28-11-07, 07:22 AM
Squirrley is a drug fiend.

squirrley
28-11-07, 07:31 AM
:D that i am sam I am!

Its my wine what I can say.;)

anachronistic
28-11-07, 09:00 AM
i feel like i am alive to help other people. i always feel a need for that, in everything i do.

Tiay
28-11-07, 10:21 AM
I'm with giga; I don't need a reason.

the question doesn't really make sense to me. My REASON for living? It's not like living was a choice I pondered about before I was conceived. So the reason I exist is 'cos my parents met and their parents met before and their parents.. etc.

anyway, i'm being nitpicky.

I just want to enjoy life. My philosophy is you only live once – so gather experiences – but you also only have one body – so don't poison it.

anachronistic
28-11-07, 11:16 AM
the question doesn't really make sense to me. My REASON for living? It's not like living was a choice I pondered about before I was conceived. So the reason I exist is 'cos my parents met and their parents met before and their parents.. etc.

that's obvious. the question is not the reason why you exist, but rather your inspiration to continue living.

Stirfry
28-11-07, 11:32 AM
My reason to live is to make myself and others happy.

My reason for existence is because people like to make babies... simply put.

Kiechi
28-11-07, 12:03 PM
Tbh, I don't need a reason. I'm alive. I won't always be. May as well explore it while I can.

You're right, I'm sure you don't need a reason for living, but I'm positive there are reasons and driving forces in your life, even ones you may not be so conscious to that gives meaning to your existence. So in all essence, we maybe don't need a reason for why we live but there certainly are reasons that we live for.

IndiReloaded
28-11-07, 12:14 PM
Squirrley isn't far off, at least from my perspective.

The REASON I live is b/c I'm addicted to: air, food, water, my son, love, fun & learning stuff. Oh yeah, and heat. Death is cold & I hate being cold.

If I wasn't addicted to all that stuff, I guess I wouldn't much care if I lived or not.

Tiay
28-11-07, 11:20 PM
that's obvious. the question is not the reason why you exist, but rather your inspiration to continue living.

good point. It still seems odd to me. What if I don't have a reason- does that mean I should just kill myself? In that sense my reason for living is the exact same as every other living thing: to reproduce.

xmoongirlx
29-11-07, 12:36 AM
good point. It still seems odd to me. What if I don't have a reason- does that mean I should just kill myself? In that sense my reason for living is the exact same as every other living thing: to reproduce.

Everyone has a reason to keep living. Do you go to school, do u date, do you have goals, friends?

Unless you are a vegetal, and even vegetals have a reason, to keep living!

Gigabitch
29-11-07, 12:43 AM
These are reasons to enjoy life. Sure, there are things that make my life worth living- I have a daughter, a boyfriend, I take pleasure in activities, but for me, the best reason to live is because I'm already alive.

xmoongirlx
29-11-07, 12:57 AM
These are reasons to enjoy life. Sure, there are things that make my life worth living- I have a daughter, a boyfriend, I take pleasure in activities, but for me, the best reason to live is because I'm already alive.

Indeed! JUst being alive, it's the best reason to keep living and trying to make the best out of it!:D

anachronistic
29-11-07, 01:48 AM

no, it just means you haven't asked yourself that question, for whatever reason.

Tiay
29-11-07, 10:02 AM
no, it just means you haven't asked yourself that question, for whatever reason.

I guess I would just phrase it differently; like, "what do you enjoy most in life?" or something. "what's your REASON for living?" makes it sound like you have to justify your existence. heh, Yeah, I did say I was being nitpicky.

Mish
29-11-07, 11:58 AM

Excatly, you don't need a reason to live if you are alive. It's like asking, what reason does a rock have for being a rock?

Now, "a reason not to die" for me would be that death is boring. Everyone will have plenty of time to go through that.

cuddlemonster
29-11-07, 01:58 PM
ive lost all of my reasons, i had em all at one point but lost them all.

Illusional
29-11-07, 03:34 PM

you forgot to say drink liquor.. i'm always in need or a drinking partner.

raverboy

squirrley
30-11-07, 02:15 AM
I live for myself son and hubby. I love to watch us all grow and grow apart in the meantime, thats hell. But we get through those nasty times. Just when you feel like you'd rather die than live through the crap that gets thrown at ya, it just makes you stronger.

I actually like living. My life has been up and down like most people, but I do have a lot to live for! Thank God!

yy17616433
09-01-08, 11:38 PM
How did you manage to do that!

RSK
12-01-08, 06:10 AM
nice thread btw!

i believe the question 'what is your reason for living'? (with a bit of flexibility) can be approached another way... 'what is it that keeps the wheels of life spinning for you'?

I know it's a bit nit picky like Tiay said above, but i just thought i'd add that for some clarity.

Well, there are two approaches i could take with this question...

APPROACH 1... list all the things in life, oh the wonderful things like the sun and the stars, and the cute little innocent children, and world peace, and unicorns, multicolored cotton candy... and so on... HOW I WISH LIFE COULD BE

APPROACH 2... tell you about the bills, stress, the sometimes lonely hours of the day, the hard work, the reality of everday life. HOW LIFE REALISTICALLY IS

(sorry for the dramatics)

Let's call it a specturm... approach 1 represents 10 points.... and approach 2 represents 0 points...

Ideally, we would all like to be in the 10 point range...

For me, it's always been ups and downs... i go from 2 to 6, back to 1 and sometimes reach as high as 8! because that's what living is... it's about making mistakes, it truly is a journey... and i love every day, week, month, and year of it, i enjoy the challenge of it... that's what keeps my wheels going...

...not sure if i expressed myeslf as i wanted to, hope you got the idea though.

DoesntMatter
12-01-08, 07:23 AM
you forgot to say drink liquor.. i'm always in need or a drinking partner.

raverboy

.. and one day get completely shit-faced with Illussional!

Off2College
13-01-08, 03:15 PM
because life is fairer than death, that's all.

Only-virgins
13-01-08, 06:02 PM
Pain keeps me living. Death doesn't scare me. It is the transition between living to death. In-fact....death....or the non-existence....sounds pretty sweet and peaceful.

lastwish
14-01-08, 01:02 AM
Pain keeps me living. Death doesn't scare me. It is the transition between living to death. In-fact....death....or the non-existence....sounds pretty sweet and peaceful.

Pain keeps you living? Death sounds sweet to you? What kind of twisted son of a b**** are you?

Only-virgins
14-01-08, 05:59 PM
Pain keeps you living? Death sounds sweet to you? What kind of twisted son of a b**** are you?

A successful one :cool:

What is so hard to understand? I don't like pain and try to avoid it. Dying is painful....thus I avoid dying. I don't avoid dying because I don't want to die. Once I am dead I am way to dead to care that I am not alive. Death is the end of pain and suffering...unfortunately it takes pain to get there, it is the natural mechanism by the way of evolution to prevent you from doing early what is inevitable ....dying.

Zach
29-01-08, 08:42 AM
Oh man... lol *stretch* Im awake!!

Anyways, what gives me reasons for living?

Honestly I don't have all that much to live for.. I have a few things here and there some small things and some big things but all together Its all just kind of a big routine.

Sometimes certain things are more emphasized than others when it comes to all this. One major thing for me personally is something as simple as "Inspiration" and "Curiosity" that can keep me going quite busily for a while atleast.. Everything loses interest and become boring after so long. Although every now and then when a new Inspiration comes to view I greatly enjoy living and wish to continually cultivate this inspiration.

Seems futile but nothing last forever, I guess thats the point?

boobaa
07-02-08, 05:10 AM
My reason for living? Hope, to accomplish something... anything...

10-02-08, 09:28 PM
For a lot of us, its the same answer:

To see what happens next

Only-virgins
11-02-08, 02:37 AM
For a lot of us, its the same answer:

To see what happens next

The answer always seems to be "jack shit"

Junket
11-02-08, 02:41 AM
To eat.
______

IndiReloaded
11-02-08, 05:41 AM
The answer always seems to be "jack shit"

LOL, so you think you're bored now, OV?

Am I the only one that thought that Tom Hanks had it good in that shipwrecked movie (his FedEx plane crashed & he lived on that island)?

There's a reason why things like Elderhostel & cruise ships are so damned popular.

RSK
02-03-08, 03:02 AM
nice thread btw!

i believe the question 'what is your reason for living'? (with a bit of flexibility) can be approached another way... 'what is it that keeps the wheels of life spinning for you'?

I know it's a bit nit picky like Tiay said above, but i just thought i'd add that for some clarity.

Well, there are two approaches i could take with this question...

APPROACH 1... list all the things in life, oh the wonderful things like the sun and the stars, and the cute little innocent children, and world peace, and unicorns, multicolored cotton candy... and so on... HOW I WISH LIFE COULD BE

APPROACH 2... tell you about the bills, stress, the sometimes lonely hours of the day, the hard work, the reality of everday life. HOW LIFE REALISTICALLY IS

(sorry for the dramatics)

Let's call it a specturm... approach 1 represents 10 points.... and approach 2 represents 0 points...

Ideally, we would all like to be in the 10 point range...

For me, it's always been ups and downs... i go from 2 to 6, back to 1 and sometimes reach as high as 8! because that's what living is... it's about making mistakes, it truly is a journey... and i love every day, week, month, and year of it, i enjoy the challenge of it... that's what keeps my wheels going...

...not sure if i expressed myeslf as i wanted to, hope you got the idea though.

i remember writing this post.... right now i'd say i'm at -5 (that's negative 5)....

....but i'm glad i once thought the way i did when i wrote the post... something to look foward to i guess ? :(

LostNotFound
02-03-08, 04:37 AM

Am I the only one that thought that Tom Hanks had it good in that shipwrecked movie (his FedEx plane crashed & he lived on that island)?

There's a reason why things like Elderhostel & cruise ships are so damned popular.

yeh the movie castaway. he had it bad when he wacked his tooth with an ice skating shoe.

DoesntMatter
02-03-08, 06:32 AM
Vaginas give me reason for living

miSSleepy
02-03-08, 01:38 PM
I have a lot of reasons for wanting to live, actually.

- I want to experience as much as possible. There are still places I want to go to and see, people I want to meet.

- There are things I want certain people to know about me, and to also let these certain people know certain things (:D)

- I want to achieve things, to make some sort of impression. It always depresses me when I hear of people dying, having left nothing behind. It's like they're life was for nothing really.

ps. for those people who placed God as their number one reason:
what are your reasons for this? I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, just curious.

Zach
02-03-08, 11:42 PM
Its sad but I know many people who wouldnt have any reason to live without their faith in God. My mother is kind of like that, it worries me because it just seems so dangerous.

Only-virgins
05-03-08, 09:16 AM

**** id love to take a cruise ship.

AnotherPoster
06-03-08, 03:34 PM
Music and love. The ounce of freedom that one feels from time to time.