PDA

View Full Version : how to deal with unwanted crushes?

Tiay
02-12-07, 10:07 AM
so, some back story: two new guys moved in next door to us this semester. ("Us" meaning me and my two housemates, we're good friends)

gosh.. where to start.. I could write an essay on all the childish/mean things those guys have done. They go to the same college course as me, although in different years. And these guys have been picking the people who were already living next door to us the last two semesters. Constant. Verbal. Assault. You're ugly you look like trash you're so behind you need to grow up I don't understand how [boyfriend] puts up with you, etc. Even to the extent of invading privacy, and literally making the girl cry and then laughing in her face.

(When we asked him why she was upset and wanted to move out, he told us there was no reason and she was just a hater... later we got the whole story from her.)

Even though she knows the landlord since last year and could get the guys kicked out, she's literally afraid of what they might do to get her back.

one night I was sleeping my bed minding my own damn business, and wake up to find one of the guys just standing at the foot of my bed. Half-naked. I chased him out. He doesn't get why we can't be "friends". They simply have no respect for personal space, no regard for other's feelings...

One of them found a lifesize cardboard cutout of me (don't ask, I did it for a friend's project last year) and thought it was the funniest thing in the world. I'm told it ended up in his bedroom...

But, most disturbingly, the other of the two has an obsession with me. At first I thought he was really nice... he wanted help with something computery, and so I helped and we talked a bit just about the course and the lecturers and such.

But the more I hear about what's been going on next door, the more I am actually freaking scared. I've heard through the grapevine that he wants to do me, and that whenever he's out all he says is tiay this and tiay that.

My housemate told me on friday that the night before he'd said he was going to track me down, and sure enough I saw him walk past the class room and do a double take, staring at me for a sec. I ignored it and he must've had something else to do so he left, and thus I escaped because I had to pack and go home anyway.

Bleargh. Why? Is there some kind of subconscious mental radiation that I exude that makes guys that at first seem nice go all psycho and try to "get" me in the worst possible ways? And YES, he knows I'm not single, I always mention that and at this point I don't know how I could make it any clearer.

so yeah, I wish I knew judo so that I could kick his butt.

I mainly just needed to vent.. but if anybody has advice on how to deal with situations like this, please, bring it on.

I'm afraid that I'll be all friendly the next time I see him, and I hate myself for it. I wanna shout "your behaviour is despicable and I want nothing to do with you!" but I bet he'll just look all innocent and weasel his way out of it, because I don't know the details of the drama next door I can't argue on technicalities.. and I shouldn't have to.. bah :mad:

misombra
02-12-07, 10:33 AM
call jenster over and have her kick their asses.

Gribble
02-12-07, 11:55 AM
Or get a tough looking boyfriend.

I could scowl and give them a squinty-eyed stare for you.

Junket
02-12-07, 12:14 PM
Talk to the landlord about it.

Seriously, that's some weird shit you have goin' on there.

You and your mates should gang up on them.

misombra
02-12-07, 12:45 PM
personally i would get a really big, scary, attack dog.

EmoBlackBelt
02-12-07, 12:55 PM
Two words: Restraining. Order.

And if that doesn't work, a swift kick in the balls should do just fine.

Tiay
02-12-07, 06:42 PM
Yeah, that's what I was telling the girl next door; Some of the shit they did is downright illegal, and she can literally call the police and so on. But, one of my housemates pointed out, the police in our town is a bit crappy.. I'm not sure they'd really do anything. And what are they gonna do? shadow her 24/7?

As my bf remarked, my luck with living situations is bound to improve. First the old lady who wanted me home by 6 and made me eat horrible food, then the creepy NYC landlord where I found a syringe in my pillowcase.. and now, psycho guys next door.

anachronistic
02-12-07, 06:51 PM
stay away from them. i don't know how they'd get into your room if you have a PADLOCK on it!

and if they do get in your face, invade your privacy and what not, call the police. atleast you will get a record on them. pretty soon you'll have enough records to do something about it. let's just hope it ends before that. try to keep a record of all conversations and make a timeline of everything that happens/happened. even if/when you call the police.

don't hesitate to call the police. EVER.

Tiay
02-12-07, 08:48 PM
heh yeah, I thought of that too. But they go to the same college, and the same course. The obsessed one is literally just up the hall from me.

squirrley
02-12-07, 10:10 PM
You could creep him back! Start acting like he does and stalk his sorry ass! Im just kidding, he sounds like someone I wouldnt want instigate for anything. Id try to ignore him as much as possible. And if anything else comes up call the police. I get you guys are afraid of the consequences of calling them out to the landlord, however I dont know if legally he could kick them out, oh wait you said theyre doing illegal shit right? Hmm, well I dont know how much Id put up with personally, I think Id eventually have enough and call the landlord than the police. You dont need people like that around you Tiay!

vashti
02-12-07, 11:12 PM
I am really worried about your safety. WTF was he doing in your room in the middle of the night? What if he won't take "no" for an answer next time? You'd better start carrying some pepper spray or something.

Junket
03-12-07, 01:56 AM
Carry one of these:

http://www.ukoutdoorstore.co.uk/buck/adrenalin_spx_large.jpg

If switch blades are illegal there (they are in the US), then there are "spring assisted" blades which whip out almost as fast. They have even smaller ones if you wanna keep a lower profile.

EDIT: Also, never allow yourself or your buddies to be caught in a 2 vs. 1 situation.

Just the other night my girlfriend said somebody was knocking on her door and she doesn't know who they were. She didn't answer, but she could tell he was talking to somebody else. It makes me uncomfortable for her to be in situations like that, but even if she had a weapon, being outnumbered is baaaaad.

misombra
03-12-07, 02:17 AM
you could get a bb gun or something. whenever you find them near your bed, just pull that out from under your pillow and shoot him till he's running out the door. lol. bb gun won't hurt him that bad. enough to send him running. especially if it's night time and it looks like a real gun lol.

(disclaimer: misombra is not responsible for some college idiot rapester losing his eye from a bb gun.)

Gribble
03-12-07, 02:27 AM
Knives are one of the worst weapons for self-defense that you can get.

It can take upwards of fifty stabs to stop a person from attacking you. Plus knife wounds have a nasty habit of being ultimately fatal. I don't know what laws are like over in Ireland (or wherever you are, Tiay) but in most states in the US it's extremely difficult to prove that you were defending yourself with a knife.

If you absolutely must carry a weapon you'd be better off sticking a roll of quarters in an old sock than you would carrying a knife.

Tiay
03-12-07, 02:36 AM
aw, thanks guys :)

Somethings definitely going to have to happen. I'm not sure if i'm co-ordinated enough to carry a knife, fras.

I doubt that this would get seriously physical, but it is definitely creepy...

so, on a semi-off-topic note, Jensters thread made me want to take up some kind of martial art, so I looked up the nearest martial arts course; http://www.bujinkanlillisdojo.com/
the only thing is that I'm not into donning the sword or the scythes and chains. What do you think?

edit: jeez, you guys are quick. I'm not so much worried about direct physical assault as I am about them trying to get me into one of their games. Ie, I pranked you, you get me back, I get you back.. which is fine for people who like that kinda stuff, but they don't seem to take no for an answer. I'll just try to ignore them, but it's hard when they're coming the house all the time and are at college, too.

Gribble
03-12-07, 02:42 AM
I think that if you are seeking discipline, exercise, and a clear head, that's great.

If you're kidding yourself into believing that you'll be able to fight off a man in a dark alley, you're wrong.

Tiay
03-12-07, 03:16 AM
heh yeah, I read the same thing about martial arts; great for exercise and such.. but actual practical modern self-defence? Nope. If somebody surprises you and really attacks you away from the training hall, you'll have too much adrenaline going on to remember or even execute that fancy exotic move you learned. On the other hand, i'm sure it wouldn't hurt, either.

IndiReloaded
03-12-07, 03:34 AM
Hi Tiay,

If you were my daughter telling me this, I would immediately move you out of that dormitory. It doesn't seem safe & you need to be able to concentrate on your studies.

The incident where you awoke to find him nr your bed is the most disturbing. Don't you have a lock for your room? How did this happen? Don't you have a dorm manager you can report this to?

As for the rest, I remember having a similar situation in college w/a fellow who had a big crush on me, he actually tried to 'get with me' when I was drunk & vulnerable in my room one night. Fortunately, my roommate realized what was happening & chased him out. And I had a BF at the time (tho long distance), so that makes no difference to these guys.

My problem was that I was 'too nice'. I didn't have the heart to stomp on him such that there was no question I wasn't at all interested. Like your case, this fellow had two buddies who were egging him on. I think you'll need to find your Inner Bitch & let this guy know, publicly, that you think he's scum for doing what he's doing, too dumb can't take a hint, etc. Make sure he understands, without question, that you aren't interested. This way, everyone else around will also know you're not encouraging him. Important, should he be truly nuts and actually attack you.

FYI, in my case, my husband came on the scene shortly after this, which basically stopped this other fellow cold. Will your BF confront this guy? Getting your man to threaten or, if necessary, beat the shit out of this other guy may be old-fashioned primate type stuff, but there are still some guys out there that only understand this type of interaction.

MA won't help you w/this, btw. The timescale is too short. Coin rolls in your sock, close at hand is actually a good suggestion, but ultimately, you need to confront this guy or get away. Not doing anything is silent permission for this to continue.

Please take care.

Junket
03-12-07, 03:52 AM
Knives are one of the worst weapons for self-defense that you can get.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I wouldn't think to stab or slice anywhere less than the neck/face. It's good for the intimidation factor, though.

IndiReloaded
03-12-07, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I wouldn't think to stab or slice anywhere less than the neck/face. It's good for the intimidation factor, though.

I found your knife post amusing, Fras b/c I actually own a knife that looks almost exactly like that, except mine is all stainless steel. Its a sailing knife, esp if it contains a spike on the other side. Its called a marlin spike & its used to undo knots in rope.

Tiay
03-12-07, 04:08 AM
Thanks Indi!

these are privately rented houses- the college doesn't have a dorm. And no, I can't lock my door... was thinking of fitting a bolt or something, though.

It's a good thing I don't go out or get drunk, then :) Yeah, I am also just too nice, and I tend to just not put my foot down. and my bf is long distance, so, he can't kick his ass from afar.

oh, I realise the MA would be way too slow- the whole situation just made me think of it.

IndiReloaded
03-12-07, 04:15 AM
Thanks Indi!

these are privately rented houses- the college doesn't have a dorm. And no, I can't lock my door... was thinking of fitting a bolt or something, though.

That's completely unacceptable. I've never heard of a place that lets rooms co-ed like that & you can't lock your door. What's to keep ppl from going thru your room when you aren't there? Get a lock, asap or move.

It's a good thing I don't go out or get drunk, then :)

That was my first, and last, undergraduate drinking experience on campus. I never did it again. It was quite the learning experience.

Again, go & buy a lock (or at least a latch you can lock from inside). Such a latch won't provide much security in that it can be quickly broken, but it will certainly wake you (& others) up if it is. Do it today.

misombra
03-12-07, 04:38 AM
hahaha tiaa lives in the ghetto!

anachronistic
03-12-07, 04:40 AM
That was my first, and last, undergraduate drinking experience on campus. I never did it again. It was quite the learning experience.

Again, go & buy a lock (or at least a latch you can lock from inside). Such a latch won't provide much security in that it can be quickly broken, but it will certainly wake you (& others) up if it is. Do it today.

Heh, I guess that's all it takes for some..

Hell yes, I'd fit a lock to your door!!! If I were you, I'd be a bit crazy/paranoid about them, I'd get like 2-3 locks for the door.

I like misombra's idea about a bb gun, but bb guns can be really expensive for a decent one (same for knives). Don't get one unless you think it'd be really useful.

DoesntMatter
03-12-07, 11:27 AM
That's just ridiculous that you don't have a lock on your door, I can't even comprehend it. You absolutely need a lock, not having one is not an option

I think you should first confront him and be absolutely direct. If it keeps happening, call the police, since I'm assuming you are a good citizen. If it keeps happening, call the police again and get some sort of self defense if you start to feel physically threatened. If you DON'T feel physically threatened and merely weirded out, buying a weapon would be a bad choice

And the idea of getting a BB gun or knife is really, really bad. Shooting this guy with a BB gun will just piss him off and cause him to attack you and mess u up good. A knive would be the same.

If you REALLY want to have self defense, buy a gun. I've kept a loaded gun in my room at my house for a little over a year. A semi automatic vector arms uzi carbine with an 18" barrel and folding stock qualifies as a rifle under US laws and therefore no pistol permit or ballistic fingerprinting is needed. Of course you can quick easily obtain a 10" barrel to easily replace the 18" but without registering this it qualifies as a short-barreled rifle, and if you DO shoot this guy you want to do it with something legal

A CX4 storm is also pretty compact. But if you do use a gun for self-defense, make sure you have a lot of rounds in your clip (at least 20) and the weapon is legal. Because you don't want to shoot and/or kill someone with an illegal firearm when you could have just as easily done it with a legal one. Also spend time practicing with it

But it's never a good idea to go violent on someone if you aren't prepared for more of it from them or their buddies, it's kind of cyclic like that. So it's best to avoid alltogether

Mish
03-12-07, 12:41 PM
I am really worried about your safety. WTF was he doing in your room in the middle of the night? What if he won't take "no" for an answer next time? You'd better start carrying some pepper spray or something.

I'm with Vash on this

Pepper spray could work

anachronistic
03-12-07, 03:03 PM
That's just ridiculous that you don't have a lock on your door, I can't even comprehend it. You absolutely need a lock, not having one is not an option

I think you should first confront him and be absolutely direct. If it keeps happening, call the police, since I'm assuming you are a good citizen. If it keeps happening, call the police again and get some sort of self defense if you start to feel physically threatened. If you DON'T feel physically threatened and merely weirded out, buying a weapon would be a bad choice

And the idea of getting a BB gun or knife is really, really bad. Shooting this guy with a BB gun will just piss him off and cause him to attack you and mess u up good. A knive would be the same.

If you REALLY want to have self defense, buy a gun. I've kept a loaded gun in my room at my house for a little over a year. A semi automatic vector arms uzi carbine with an 18" barrel and folding stock qualifies as a rifle under US laws and therefore no pistol permit or ballistic fingerprinting is needed. Of course you can quick easily obtain a 10" barrel to easily replace the 18" but without registering this it qualifies as a short-barreled rifle, and if you DO shoot this guy you want to do it with something legal

A CX4 storm is also pretty compact. But if you do use a gun for self-defense, make sure you have a lot of rounds in your clip (at least 20) and the weapon is legal. Because you don't want to shoot and/or kill someone with an illegal firearm when you could have just as easily done it with a legal one. Also spend time practicing with it

But it's never a good idea to go violent on someone if you aren't prepared for more of it from them or their buddies, it's kind of cyclic like that. So it's best to avoid alltogether

tiay isn't from the US. Not sure what the gun regulations are there.

tiay, if you just get a lock, there is no need to have a weapon, unless you're going to carry it around everywhere. just call the cops, violence is the last resort.

this is coming from someone that owns a few guns, by the way.

EmoBlackBelt
03-12-07, 03:32 PM
You guys sure do talk about guns a lot. I've read about guns in three different threads today. Weird.

I would think a lock and some pepper spray would do just fine.

Tiay
03-12-07, 07:14 PM
yeah, I don't think I can legally own a gun here, unless it's a shotgun for hunting, for which I'd need proof. Things would have to get really serious before I'd hurt anyone. I'm good with pepper spray though :)
He stared at me all the way when I was going to hand up work just now. ignore.. :/

vashti
03-12-07, 10:08 PM
You guys sure do talk about guns a lot. I've read about guns in three different threads today. Weird.

I would think a lock and some pepper spray would do just fine.

Now you know why we have such a problem with guns in America.

I like the pepper spray or coin-in-sock idea, and DEFINITELY a lock for the door. I am aghast there isn't already one in place.

Gribble
03-12-07, 11:36 PM
Meh. I'm not a big fan of pepper spray, personally. I mean, it's better than trying to swat a guy off with your girly little hands, but sometimes it just pisses 'em off more than anything.

Get a lock. Please. That guy sounds like a real creep. I mean, he turned up half naked at the foot of your bed? What do you think was going through his head?

anachronistic
04-12-07, 01:43 AM
Now you know why we have such a problem with guns in America.

I like the pepper spray or coin-in-sock idea, and DEFINITELY a lock for the door. I am aghast there isn't already one in place.

did you read my post? :emot100:

no, probably not.

anachronistic
04-12-07, 01:46 AM
Meh. I'm not a big fan of pepper spray, personally. I mean, it's better than trying to swat a guy off with your girly little hands, but sometimes it just pisses 'em off more than anything.

Get a lock. Please. That guy sounds like a real creep. I mean, he turned up half naked at the foot of your bed? What do you think was going through his head?

have you ever been sprayed with pepper spray? one of my friends sprayed it at a desk, and 2 seconds later, it made us gag, we had to leave the house because it was so horrible. took 30 minutes or so to clear up.

Gigabitch
04-12-07, 02:13 AM
I'm not so much worried about direct physical assault as I am about them trying to get me into one of their games.

Well, you should be. Can you get pepper spray there? It's very important that you do NOT allow these guys to catch you alone. I think you're trying to downplay the danger, here, and I don't want that to result in something ugly happening.

I think you should try to set a cold tone with them. Not combative, obviously, but in no way encouraging. 'wing is right- padlock that door if you have to. You should never have to wake up with an uninvited guest at the foot of your bed.

If you do go to the police at some point, try to get your old housemate to make a statement as well.

IndiReloaded
04-12-07, 02:34 AM
I'm not so much worried about direct physical assault as I am about them trying to get me into one of their games.

Tiay, I mean this for your own good, but if you don't go & get a lock TODAY, I'm going to suggest you are actually not all that upset about this issue or you are enjoying the attention.

You seem smarter than this. Why haven't you already dealt with the situation?

Tiay
04-12-07, 03:02 AM
You should never have to wake up with an uninvited guest at the foot of your bed.

amen to that. I'm told he got *in* the other girls bed, not when she was in it though.

definitely getting something for the door, being careful with locking the house till then.
I've never seen pepper spray for sale here.. so, I don't know.. :/

edit: can't find any proper info, but pepper spray is definitely illegal in the UK, which isn't a good sign.

DoesntMatter
04-12-07, 03:06 AM
I've never seen pepper spray for sale here.. so, I don't know.. :/

Buy it online. Get the stuff designed for bears from an American vendor, it's much stronger than what they use for people IIRC

Tiay
04-12-07, 03:39 AM
Tiay, I mean this for your own good, but if you don't go & get a lock TODAY, I'm going to suggest you are actually not all that upset about this issue or you are enjoying the attention.

You seem smarter than this. Why haven't you already dealt with the situation?

Because I posted on the weekend, when I'm at (my parents) home. I arrived at college this morning, stayed there till late working, and I just got to my student house now (I was posting on the college connection before).

I'm sorry if I over-dramatised the situation, but I needed to vent, and I didn't think people would start suggesting knives and guns. After the bed incident I asked the landlord for a key for my specific door, but that was no good.

And yes, I appreciate everyone worrying about my safety. It's a good reality check.

IndiReloaded
04-12-07, 03:47 AM
I'm sorry if I over-dramatised the situation, but I needed to vent, and I didn't think people would start suggesting knives and guns. After the bed incident I asked the landlord for a key for my specific door, but that was no good.

I'm not trying to get you to apologize, I'm trying to get you to buy a lock or latch. Having some half-naked weirdo standing in front of your bed in your room isn't over-dramatising. Its ****ed up. Its serious & you need to get yourself a lock or at least a latch of some kind RIGHT NOW.

Protection is all very well, but deterring these assholes is 95% of the game. Since you have neighbours, a lock on your door, where they would have to actually make some noise to get into your room will most likely solve the problem if these guys are just jerkoffs. If a lock is a prbm w/the landperson, then get a latch you use only when in the room.

What did your parents have to say about this? I doubt they would find it at all amusing.

Gigabitch
04-12-07, 03:52 AM
What did your parents have to say about this? I doubt they would find it at all amusing.

Exactly. I'll bet your brother would lose his ****ing mind. Maybe he should come for a visit.

Tiay
04-12-07, 06:14 AM
you guys are lightning fast.

indi: I just came back from the shopping centre, but they didn't have it :\ not that I even have a screwdriver. I'm using a chair as it is, which is pretty sturdy.

giga: yeah, I decided not to tell my brother... My Mom is away at the moment. My dad definitely didn't take it lightly, of course.

IndiReloaded
04-12-07, 06:57 AM
You need a hardware store. Or the equivalent of a WalMart. Do your parents or brother come to visit you? Ask them to bring you what you need. A basic adjustable screwdriver (w/different heads) & latch doesn't cost much. You should own your own screwdriver anyway, they are very handy.

DoesntMatter
04-12-07, 07:11 AM
Jesus Christ Tiay just buy a ****ing lock already and get this taken care of. Are you telling me it's that hard to find a bolt for your door in Ireland?

Tiay
04-12-07, 07:29 AM
no, I'm just explaining why I didn't get one yet. You try finding a bolt when you are in a small town and have a few hours available to find it- in the evening when the shops are closed, of course.

Seriously, I'm doing it as quick as I can, guys.

Junket
04-12-07, 07:41 AM
I know, you can leave a bunch of tacks/nails/and broken glass in front of your door.

It'd give ya a warning at least, and maybe debilitate them for a little bit.

anachronistic
04-12-07, 07:50 AM
for the time being you could just barricade the door with your bed. that's what i did back when i had a girlfriend to keep my little brother from walking in on our hot, passionate sex.

Tiay
04-12-07, 05:51 PM
I know, you can leave a bunch of tacks/nails/and broken glass in front of your door.

It'd give ya a warning at least, and maybe debilitate them for a little bit.

hah, I like your style. Though, that'd only work if they were barefoot.

for the time being you could just barricade the door with your bed. that's what i did back when i had a girlfriend to keep my little brother from walking in on our hot, passionate sex.

yeah, I blocked the door last night. And it was a good thing too, because I was woken up at 2 in the morning because he was shouting my name and trying to get to my room- I gather from what I heard though, my housemates stopped him before he even got to the door.

Mish
04-12-07, 08:24 PM
Tiay

You know what you need?

You need a loyal 24/7 LF Guard in your bedroom

Tiay
04-12-07, 08:57 PM
aw :)

well, in lieu of that I had kept a nice strong deo spray nearby. Probably not as good as pepper spray, though, I wouldn't want to get any in my face.

anachronistic
04-12-07, 10:36 PM
yeah, I blocked the door last night. And it was a good thing too, because I was woken up at 2 in the morning because he was shouting my name and trying to get to my room- I gather from what I heard though, my housemates stopped him before he even got to the door.

it's good that your housemates stopped him, but honestly, it sounds like he needs to spend some time in jail. he's an animal.

vashti
04-12-07, 10:47 PM
I think you need to take this seriously. All he needs is one drunken night in which you forget to be on the defense, and he is going to be all over you.

Tiay
04-12-07, 11:12 PM
yeah, you're right vash. I don't actually drink alcohol at all.. but, that doesn't mean i'm always on-guard.

vashti
04-12-07, 11:20 PM
I meant HIM being drunk, and less willing to accept your rejection.

IndiReloaded
05-12-07, 05:06 AM

Tiay, you're trying to blow this off as nothing, but if I were at you at your age, I'd be scared. I remember a guy in college acting this way towards this chick he broke off with (and we got to hear all the drama), but in that case she was equally responsible for tormenting him. He was a crazy drunk & ended up dropping out, tho I think he harassed her around the campus for a few months after. But you don't have that history w/this fellow, right? This is a stalking happening.

Skip a class if you must, but get that lock. Personally, I'd also be confronting this fellow, in a public place. I wouldn't yell (its better to stay calm, actually) but I would let him know absolutely you're not interested & that your next step is to log his harassment with the police. Seriously. Then, stop talking to him entirely. Ignore him & his attempts to get your attention, so long as you are protected & he's not escalating. He's likely looking for attention & you don't want to feed that beast.

Is this fellow mentally disturbed in some way? I don't mean his obvious asshole-ness, I mean actually ill in some way? You need to know this, it makes a difference how you should handle things.

Here's something for you to read:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3583/tips_for_handling_a_stalker_ex.html

Gigabitch
05-12-07, 05:12 AM
No offense to your parents, Tiay, but this is why people should think twice about homeschooling. You've spent most of your life around people who acted right, and now you are unprepared for this monkey boy. I learned how to deflect unwanted attention by junior high.

It seems like you think you owe this guy some common courtesy. You don't. he has gone so far over the line it's ridiculous. I don't know how things are in Ireland, but it can't be that different from here, and if a guy was doing that shit here, he'd expect to get smacked down with a baseball bat.

Tell your brother.

misombra
05-12-07, 05:16 AM
i think tiay likes it.

gartlas
05-12-07, 05:18 AM
Get a swiss army knife.I would recommend victorinox (I once cut myself and didnt realise for 10 minutes) next time knocks on your door and starts yelling stab a random place and it'll go straight through either his hand or the door.alternatively get a jack russell for a bit.theyre small ,but vicious little buggers .it might bite his balls off and I bet that'd stop him from being interested anymore [=

IndiReloaded
05-12-07, 05:18 AM
i think tiay likes it.

God, Miso I love you. I have to say I've been wondering the same thing.

Sure this isn't true, Tiay? Its a ****ed up, dangerous way to get attention if so.

misombra
05-12-07, 09:12 AM
God, Miso I love you. I have to say I've been wondering the same thing.

Sure this isn't true, Tiay? Its a ****ed up, dangerous way to get attention if so.

indi-san, the very first lesson in being a master of man, bringer of pain, is that sonnets and slow dancers are not like us. they are a different sort of being.

Tiay
05-12-07, 09:59 AM
vash:
oh, right, *him* drunk, sorry.. yeah, that's definitely possible then.

---

Indi:
of course I am scared. And this is not normal. Because my housemates do often have parties or people just come over, it's not unusual for it to be a bit noisy, or for friends to try calling me on some misguided attempt to get me to join the party. But this isn't the same. oh, and no, I don't have any kind of history with him.
But you have to see, hardly anybody in real life take me seriously on this.. "eh, boys will be boys" and such, which in turn makes me feel like it isn't serious. I got my housemates to ban him from the house right after the first incident, but it didn't stick. I also got up this morning to find all the lights on, and the front door unlocked- this is pretty common.

I got the bolt, btw.

I wouldn't say mentally disturbed.. but no, he's not *right*. He has a basic lack of respect for other people's privacy and right to make decisions. I'm told he used the giant fire hose at college to fill water balloons. That's exactly the type of disregard for other's property I'm talking about.

Thanks for the link, It was insightful.

--

giga: eh, none taken, i'm sure. yeah it has drawbacks. And you're spot on- people around me always conformed to the same basic rules.
I almost expect him to have some kind of good reason or explanation for everything (silly, I know). I'm told last night when my housemates stopped him from coming up, he innocently said he "just wanted to apologise" which is obviously bullshit because you don't apologise for intentionally waking someone up by waking them up *again*.

---

sombra and indi again:

why the are you getting the impression that I like all this? This is bugging me, because that's not it at all. yes of course I like attention but I did not this kind, and I did not lead either of them on. Maybe I don't react like other's would; I'm not used to being in any sort of physical danger, to the extent that I simply don't register it.

----

gartlas:

I actually have a leatherman. And a doberman.

------

more news: I talked to the girl next door, the one that the guys have practically been mobbing. Last night,she said, he was knocking on her wall and jumping up and down and such outside her room, trying to keep her awake. And then he'd ask "did I make a lot of noise last night?" with a smirk the next morning. She has threatened him with the police, restraining orders and everything, but his attitude to that is "pfft, go ahead, bring it on!". We all know the police won't do shit here.
So, she wants to move out completely, I'm trying to get her to stay and get *them* kicked out, i'd back her up in talking to the landlord and everything, but she's scared. I suggested that she tell our head of department at college, but she said it'd sound too much like an excuse for not having work done on time. Should I go and tell him, or will they think it was her who ratted them out and take it out on her somehow?
I checked on her this evening, but she had presumably gone to spend the night somewhere else.

Mish
05-12-07, 10:26 AM
vash:
more news: I talked to the girl next door, the one that the guys have practically been mobbing. Last night,she said, he was knocking on her wall and jumping up and down and such outside her room, trying to keep her awake. And then he'd ask "did I make a lot of noise last night?" with a smirk the next morning. She has threatened him with the police, restraining orders and everything, but his attitude to that is "pfft, go ahead, bring it on!". We all know the police won't do shit here.
So, she wants to move out completely, I'm trying to get her to stay and get *them* kicked out, i'd back her up in talking to the landlord and everything, but she's scared. I suggested that she tell our head of department at college, but she said it'd sound too much like an excuse for not having work done on time. Should I go and tell him, or will they think it was her who ratted them out and take it out on her somehow?
I checked on her this evening, but she had presumably gone to spend the night somewhere else.

Tiay, I think the reason some people mentioned some silly things like you liking all of this because you are in a particularly vulnerable, sensitive and I would go as far as to say dangerous situation, but your actions do not mirror the seriousness of the situation you are in. People here are obviously very concerned for your well being and would hate if anything bad was to happen to you.

If I were you I would be doing the following with a millitary precision and consistency:

1. Team meeting with all members of your dorm, initiation of consitent lock up rules with security on the top of the agenda
2. Minutes of all events of happennings surroundings these boys, with everything they do consistently recorded (All paper work to be signed by all dorm members and additional witnesses where relevant).
3. Minutes sent to the landlord once a day with consitent calls for action.
4. Police to be called in with every higher than average disturbance from the boys, copies of records to be made and sent to landlord.
5. If landlord doesn't respond, all copies of minutes and police records to be sent to strata and other places such as colledge offices with calls for action

Start doing this and I guarantee you there will be results. The only reason they continue carrying on is because there is no action to offset their behavior. Be prepared for any escalations from them. Baseball bat in the corner, pepper spray in the drawer notepad with a pen on the desk.

vashti
05-12-07, 10:52 AM
What a crappy way to live. Can you move out, Tiay?

Mish
05-12-07, 11:23 AM
Crappy? Meh it could be fun. If I was there I'd make it into a competition with a final goal of getting them out of the place as quickly as posible. You could even place bets on the date they leave.

If this goal was met, I'd hallmark it as a tremendous achievement. Straight into the (informal) Resume :)

anachronistic
05-12-07, 11:45 AM
more news: I talked to the girl next door, the one that the guys have practically been mobbing. Last night,she said, he was knocking on her wall and jumping up and down and such outside her room, trying to keep her awake.

TIAY!

That is the perfect time to call the police. DO NOT HESITATE, EVER. They WILL do something about it. Don't even warn them, just call the police while their banging on the door and making a ruckass of things. They'll be caught red handed and sent straight to the pens where they belong! Then you have the opportunity to get a restraining order, press charges, or what have you.

You need to tell the landlord, the head of the college, everyone in authority that can do something about this. When you do, be very open about EVERYTHING that has happened, including rumors and suggestive body language. These dickheads you're dealing with do not belong in the civilized world. It's time someone puts an end to this garbage. I think you have the courage to do so.

If you let this continue, eventually your property may end up getting vandalized, or worse, someone getting hurt. Don't let it happen when you have the chance.

You should also be keeping a record of everything that happened, keeping any nasty messages they send you via email, phone, whatever, any evidence that will support you.

Junket
05-12-07, 08:11 PM
Why is it so often girls are such pussies?

anachronistic
05-12-07, 11:57 PM
Why is it so often girls are such pussies?

It's not just girls. It's people.

vashti
06-12-07, 12:27 AM
Tiay is from a small town/village environment, I believe. I would guess that would make her less likely to believe there are really BAD and DANGEROUS people out there. She probably hasn't really experienced this kind of thing before. She'll learn.

::hugs Tiay::

Tiay
06-12-07, 01:03 AM
Mishanya:
yeah, I simply don't know how to react in situations like this. I bet if somebody stopped me on the street and said "i'm gonna stab you" I'd probably just stand there and say "uhh, what? why?". I assure you, the problem is not that i'm a foolish attention whore, it's that I'm naive, and I just didn't get the training you guys probably all got in school. Think of an 8-year old talking to strangers and not sensing the danger, even after being told. Yup that's me.

Thanks for the excellent action plan, too. I'll do my best. I'm sure they'll be gone soon.

vash: aw, ::hugs:: Thanks for understanding. Yeah, I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and stayed there till I was 18.

Yes In theory I could move out, but this is the perfect location and I've been here since second year, I'd like to think I can't just be scared away from it. Also, the girl next door had been looking for another place, but said there was none to be found. Our course is away from the main campus, so there isn't much student housing to be had.

lilwing: That's exactly what I was telling her to do. But you don't know the police here, I can't imagine they'd do much more than give him a good telling off. Also, can you imagine what they'd do to her after the police left? So, she just pretended to be asleep.

IndiReloaded
06-12-07, 05:50 AM
Crappy? Meh it could be fun. If I was there I'd make it into a competition with a final goal of getting them out of the place as quickly as posible. You could even place bets on the date they leave.

Mish, you read Tiay's bgkgrd. She can barely recognize potential stalkers, much less figure out a way to outpysch these guys. That's not a criticism BTW, Tiay, I think you are very sweet. I'm just sorry you are going thru this.

Miso: LOL, hai Miso-sensei!

And Tiay, you silly, Miso & I only said those things to goad you into getting the lock b/c long 'sonnets' weren't working & we don't want you getting jumped by this guy. Ireland is pretty far for us to be going to kick some sorry guys ass.

IndiReloaded
06-12-07, 05:52 AM
lilwing: That's exactly what I was telling her to do. But you don't know the police here, I can't imagine they'd do much more than give him a good telling off. Also, can you imagine what they'd do to her after the police left? So, she just pretended to be asleep.

I dunno what to make of this anymore, really. Glad you got the lock. If you have a digital camera, or phone w/a video, you might want to record them in the act next time. At least you'll have proof if somethng more serious happens & you do decide to go to the police.

Junket
06-12-07, 07:02 AM
Even if the police "only" give them a good talking to, there'll be a report on it.

If they're called multiple times, it'll at least prove it wasn't a one time incident. Especially if multiple individuals have complaints.

EDIT: And about the pussies comment: It frustrates the hell out of me when women have these kind of issues and don't do shit about them. My girlfriend included. It's stressing when you're too far to do anything about it.

anachronistic
06-12-07, 02:06 PM

Tiay, I have been in this situation before. Imagine what they will do if you DON'T call the police, and allow this to continue. I can tell you from experience it would be a lot worse than if you called them. You should seriously start calling the police every time it happens. Record what is happening while it is happening, that was a good idea. A good telling them off will probably scare the shit out of them, and as frasbee said, there'd be a report on it.

misombra
06-12-07, 02:09 PM
cops are worthless.

tiay needs a gun.

anachronistic
06-12-07, 02:50 PM
cops are worthless.

tiay needs a gun.

You're such a naughty, evil animal.

I have a boner.

Tiay
06-12-07, 06:28 PM
I think I need to clarify that this last incident happened to the girl next door, not me, and SHE didn't call the police despite my advice. I'm not saying her reasons were right, just that she was scared to. I was probably sound asleep at the time.

(more later; gotta get to class atm)

Tiay
11-12-07, 06:39 AM
update:

I called the landlord, who said he'd kick him out – shortly afterwards the guy rang the doorbell. I answered the door. He said he wanted to apologise for "waking me up". Yeah, right. Obviously, the landlord had just had some kind of talk with him. I closed the door in his face and locked it.
I wonder if he managed to weasel his way out of it with his damn false sincerity....

Gigabitch
11-12-07, 06:44 AM
Do you get the feeling your landlord would buy the "hysterical females" story from that drunk asswipe?

Junket
11-12-07, 07:03 AM
I closed the door in his face and locked it.

I approve of this action.

Tiay
11-12-07, 07:57 AM
thanks guys(: I dont' know giga, he's not my landlord, he's next door's landlord, so, I don't really know him very well. I do know that this guy is good at seeming all sincere and apologetic, though.
if I was a landlord, I sure wouldn't want to be called all the time about some idiot who's living in the house, though...

Gigabitch
11-12-07, 08:11 AM
Have you tried the flaming-bag-of-dogshit-on-the-porch routine? Maybe with enough harassment, you can make those bozos move out by yourself.

Tiay
11-12-07, 08:32 AM
hehe ^.^ no, not yet. other people live next door too, I wouldn't wanna traumatise them :D also, how does dogshit burn?

Junket
11-12-07, 08:42 AM
how does dogshit burn?

You light the bag.

The shit follows.

misombra
11-12-07, 10:15 AM
lol this story reminds me of these people who used to live downstairs from me. they would play their music all night and it was so loud. i would complain and they would come over to bitch me out and turn their shit up louder. omg it was terrible.

that's when i decided to start practicing flamenco really ridiculously early in the morning.

it took out much of my frustration and made the downstairs neighbors highly unhappy.

DoesntMatter
13-12-07, 06:18 AM
that's when i decided to start practicing flamenco really ridiculously early in the morning.

it took out much of my frustration and made the downstairs neighbors highly unhappy.

Such a roundabout way to make the neighbors quiet. Whatever happened to the good old fashioned SHUT THE FUUCK UPPPP!!!!!!

misombra
13-12-07, 07:09 AM
after the first few thousand times they just were not listening...

Tiay
13-12-07, 07:56 AM
good job, miso :)

so, I just bumped into one of the people from next door – this very nice guy who lives there, too. Asked him what was up. He said the landlord had apparently called the stalkerguy's parents, and he was very unhappy. Serves him right. Don't think he's going to be bothering me again. I wish he had gotten kicked out completely though, for the sake of the poor suckers who have to live with him.

Junket
13-12-07, 07:59 AM
good job, miso :)

so, I just bumped into one of the people from next door – this very nice guy who lives there, too. Asked him what was up. He said the landlord had apparently called the stalkerguy's parents, and he was very unhappy. Serves him right. Don't think he's going to be bothering me again. I wish he had gotten kicked out completely though, for the sake of the poor suckers who have to live with him.

Keep him as an ally, but be careful in case he's in cahoots with the wackos.

anachronistic
13-12-07, 08:01 AM
And now I have the lovely imagery of our cute little Tiay collecting pieces of dog feces, placing them in a brown bag, and then putting it in front of someone's door and lighting it... all while laughing with an evil schoolgirl laugh.

Thanks bitches!

DoesntMatter
13-12-07, 08:01 AM
He said the landlord had apparently called the stalkerguy's parents, and he was very unhappy.

LMAO! Is that how they punished this bad boy, by calling his parents?

anachronistic
13-12-07, 08:05 AM

His mommy is probably paying the rent.

Junket
13-12-07, 08:10 AM
His father probably beat him, so he's probably still afraid of him. This was his opportunity to finally act out as the child he once was, and now that's gone too.

Gigabitch
13-12-07, 08:12 AM
I hope he gets a spanking. Hey, Charlie Boy is over in that neighborhood. Maybe he could administer the ass-discipline.

anachronistic
13-12-07, 08:31 AM
I hope he gets a spanking. Hey, Charlie Boy is over in that neighborhood. Maybe he could administer the ass-discipline.

Loveforum gangsters, eh?

Tiay
13-12-07, 09:40 AM
heh yeah, didn't he have a spanking thread? or is my memory going..

that reminds me of a story one of my housemates told.. apparently some stalker creepo decided it'd be funny to ruin the contents of her make-up bag.. Stupid boy. That was $400 worth of makeup. So, she called his mom, and she gave her a $400 giftcard for Boots (as in the pharmacy store) and he never went near her again.

Gribble
13-12-07, 10:34 AM
$400 in makeup? What the hell? Does makeup usually cost that much? That's an awful lot of money for something that you'd probably look better without.

Mish
13-12-07, 10:59 AM
Women have a different value system Gribs

They'd rather look like $400 (Or more)

Gigabitch
13-12-07, 11:22 AM
Note to boys: Do NOT tell a girl, "You look like four hundred bucks!" as a compliment. It will make it sound like she's a call girl.

Mish
13-12-07, 12:02 PM
Note to boys: Do NOT tell a girl, "You look like four hundred bucks!" as a compliment. It will make it sound like she's a call girl.

Tell them? Huh. I'm too young to die Giga.

They want to believe it, not hear it.

misombra
13-12-07, 01:14 PM
400 bucks in makeup?!?!

holy cow. some people have too much money.

i have spent maybe ten bucks on make up in the past year.

Tiay
13-12-07, 07:13 PM
you'd be surprised how that shit adds up. Liquid eye liner, glitter, blush, it's very expensive if you get good brands- this girl has so many allergies, she has to get very specific stuff, and, it was probably at least a year's worth of make up, so that explains why it was worth so much.

anachronistic
13-12-07, 08:52 PM
Women have a different value system Gribs

They'd rather look like $400 (Or more)

LOL

vashti
13-12-07, 10:06 PM
you'd be surprised how that shit adds up. Liquid eye liner, glitter, blush, it's very expensive if you get good brands- this girl has so many allergies, she has to get very specific stuff, and, it was probably at least a year's worth of make up, so that explains why it was worth so much.

I agree. Most women don't notice how expensive it all is because they only buy a piece or two at a time, but I had top pay a couple of hundred dollars to replace skin care stuff, shampoo, and makeup when I tried to fly with it and had it all confiscated after 9/11.

Tiay
14-12-07, 01:22 AM
I agree. Most women don't notice how expensive it all is because they only buy a piece or two at a time, but I had top pay a couple of hundred dollars to replace skin care stuff, shampoo, and makeup when I tried to fly with it and had it all confiscated after 9/11.

yeah.. those regulations are not just ridiculous, they're dangerous-- staff that should be looking for real threats are instead overloaded with new regulations and busy taking people's make-up. Real security, according to airport security experts, is invisible to the regular consumer. [/rant]

..it's a good thing I don't wear makeup- I'd be completely broke.

people generally don't realise how much little stuff costs. when I was NY someone in the apartment said she didn't like the kitchen there, and instead she always ate out. How much I asked? She said she'd got it down to $ 20 a day. Pretty good for NYC. But for every day of the year? that's more than 6k. I bet if she had to pay that up front, she'd clean the kitchen now and then instead.

anachronistic
14-12-07, 02:11 AM

What's wrong with the plain old $5 bottle of head and shoulders? In my opinion, if you're buying makeup with that high of a price, it better be 24 karat liquid gold. Otherwise you're mentally retarded and don't know how to shop.... or something.

IndiReloaded
14-12-07, 03:53 AM
What's wrong with the plain old $5 bottle of head and shoulders? In my opinion, if you're buying makeup with that high of a price, it better be 24 karat liquid gold. Otherwise you're mentally retarded and don't know how to shop.... or something.

Shampoo is fine b/c you just wash it away. But if I put cheap makeup on it does bad things to my skin. Also, I find better makeup lasts longer, so the cost averages out.

I don't think I have $400 worth of makeup tho. Maybe half that at most. I do buy expensive skin lotion, tho, for the reason I said.

vashti
14-12-07, 06:07 AM
If I used that cheap Head and Shoulders crap, my hair would be so dry it would break off. HELL no! I buy good shampoo. I don't spend a lot on other things, but shampoo? I get what will keep my hair intact.

anachronistic
14-12-07, 01:50 PM
If I used that cheap Head and Shoulders crap, my hair would be so dry it would break off. HELL no! I buy good shampoo. I don't spend a lot on other things, but shampoo? I get what will keep my hair intact.

My hair hasn't broken off from using it. I've had long hair too. I get compliments by random girls all the time about how soft and nice my hair is, too. Sometimes I even have to stop and let them feel it.

I think you've been brainwashed or something!

vashti
14-12-07, 03:20 PM
My hair hasn't broken off from using it. I've had long hair too. I get compliments by random girls all the time about how soft and nice my hair is, too. Sometimes I even have to stop and let them feel it.

I think you've been brainwashed or something!

No - you still have a child's texture to your hair. My hair is curly-ish (which is known to be drier) and almost 20 years older than yours. The texture of your hair will change as you age, too.

anachronistic
14-12-07, 03:51 PM
No - you still have a child's texture to your hair. My hair is curly-ish (which is known to be drier) and almost 20 years older than yours. The texture of your hair will change as you age, too.

Bah, no point in arguing. I'll let you have your way.

Only-virgins
14-12-07, 05:40 PM
Martial arts do not work most of the time but strategy in combat does. Martial Arts are way to based on tradition these days and that is their problem. You can't beat some guy up using a Karate Kata on the street. You better know how to ground fight, stand up fight, and grapple. This is MMA ..or in other words...all the best stuff that works from all martial arts styles and just plain common sense..and body fitness is a big part of it..no way around it no matter how much martial arts geeks try to avoid it. This is to much trouble in my opinion to learn how to properly fight simply for self defense...unless you like the stuff.

misombra
14-12-07, 11:07 PM
head and shoulders omg.

even I am not that cheap.

Tiay
15-12-07, 08:32 PM
thanks OV- that's exactly the problem I saw with that course I linked. Old weapons may be cool but.. what's the practical application?

also.. what, head and shoulders is cheap? what universe did I drop into? I always thought it was a reasonably fancy shampoo. Then again, i don't actually know the price.. I just notice that they advertise a decent amount on tv, which would indicate that they have spare cash.

heh, lilwing, then you should love the shampoo I buy: http://www.ciao.de/Corpal_Pflege_Volumen_Energie_Shampoo_Lidl__Test_3 239608

though, I will say that vash is right about the dry hair. My before mentioned housemate has dry hair. Up to this point I had always thought that those labels "for brittle hair" "for dry hair" "for fine hair" were gimmicks to get us to buy more stuff. But it seriously does work. Also, when I tried her "for dry hair" shampoo, it was actually horrible for my hair; I tend to get greasy hair.

misombra
15-12-07, 11:49 PM
is your hair curly?

vashti
16-12-07, 12:28 AM
Head and soulders is dandruff shampoo, Tiay. I've never had a problem with dandruff, which is another reason I wouldn't put that stuff on my head.

Tiay
16-12-07, 03:48 AM
Head and soulders is dandruff shampoo, Tiay. I've never had a problem with dandruff, which is another reason I wouldn't put that stuff on my head.

aah, I see. Guess their ads aren't very good :)

is your hair curly?

me? it's.. straight for a bit, and then slightly curly, in an unorganised sorta way.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8c916e62e0.png

anachronistic
16-12-07, 04:39 AM

Yeah, gets rid of all that dead skin, you know. Maybe it just doesn't ruin my hair because I have a manly scalp. I don't think it's cheap, but then again, I'm a poor college student. If I could wipe my ass with money, I'd probably waste it on the overpriced stuff from Victoria's secret with the little golden flakes in it, like everyone else.

heh, lilwing, then you should love the shampoo I buy: http://www.ciao.de/Corpal_Pflege_Volumen_Energie_Shampoo_Lidl__Test_3 239608

Haha, ich würde kaufen nur weil es Deutsche ist!

Tiay
16-12-07, 05:15 AM
Haha, ich würde kaufen nur weil es Deutsche ist!

heh, ick denke, Lidl (das Geschäft das dieses produkt herstellt) sollte in Amerika aufmachen.

anachronistic
16-12-07, 06:44 AM
heh, ick denke, Lidl (das Geschäft das dieses produkt herstellt) sollte in Amerika aufmachen.

Ehrlich? Ich denk nicht.

This calls for a trip to walmart! Wait... they might not have it there...

Tiay
16-12-07, 07:12 AM
oops, did I actually write ick instead of Ich? typo. I need to slap myself.

anyway, yeah, only Lidl makes that shampoo. It's 70c in germany, but I think it's slightly more here. Lasts forever though. That reminds me that I need to get some.

anachronistic
16-12-07, 09:24 AM

anyway, yeah, only Lidl makes that shampoo. It's 70c in germany, but I think it's slightly more here. Lasts forever though. That reminds me that I need to get some.

Lol "Ick bin ein Berliner!" Gee, your parents must be from Berlin or something, Only a Berliner could make that typo! ;)

70 Euro?!?! Holy ****ing buckets! I better get more than a bottle for that price.. like a 3 liter vat!

Tiay
16-12-07, 04:32 PM
Lol "Ick bin ein Berliner!" Gee, your parents must be from Berlin or something, Only a Berliner could make that typo! ;)

I know! *shame*

70 Euro?!?! Holy ****ing buckets! I better get more than a bottle for that price.. like a 3 liter vat!

70 cent?

anachronistic
17-12-07, 01:34 AM
Ahh... I thought you meant 70 big ones...

Mish
17-12-07, 07:29 AM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8c916e62e0.png

Mmm,

Perdy

Tiay
17-12-07, 08:42 AM
Ahh... I thought you meant 70 big ones...

ah, no. though, it IS more expensive here. Maybe round two dollars, roughly?

Mmm,

Perdy

^.^; thanks

Kiechi
17-12-07, 03:19 PM

Lidl lover?