PDA

View Full Version : Site time is wrong...

BillyGalbreath
07-04-04, 11:31 PM
The time on the site seems to be off by one hour... I guess the server has not updated the clock to daylight savings time... The entire site is 1 hour behind my time now and before it was perfect...

So, if I am not just halucinating maybe the time could be updated...

Ironliftr3
08-04-04, 02:29 AM
GMT does not adhere to daylight savings time. That is in the US only. The entire WORLD, not just this site, shifted by one hour when the clocks went ahead on Sunday morning.

The time is fine.

BillyGalbreath
08-04-04, 02:40 AM
Well, in my user CP on this site I have it set to US Central time (-6 hours) and it is still behind 1 hour...

Illusional
08-04-04, 06:45 PM
i'm a part of the US but we're not affected by daylight savings time. i don't really understand the concpet of resetting your hour, what is it?? during the summer time or something? here in hawaii we don't do that. raverboy

BillyGalbreath
28-04-04, 01:06 AM
i dont understand daylight savings either - it is stupid - the only thing I have really noticed about it is that during our summers we get like 2 more hours of sunlight (dark at 8pm light up at 7am) and in the winter it is brighter in the mornings (dark at 6:30pm light at 6am)

Zekk_T_Strife
28-04-04, 01:47 AM
I'm with Illusional. Hawaii, Arizona, and Indiana (where I am) don't bother with setting the clocks back. You get more sunlight either way, there's no point in changing the time on the clocks. I'll never understand it cause later on in the year everyone else just ends up changing them back anyway. Unneccesary confusion. :french:

BillyGalbreath
28-04-04, 03:24 AM
it is a pain in the ass - I remember one year I got to school at 5:30 am thinking it was 6:30

no one else showed up until about 6:20 -- I felt so stupid...