PDA

View Full Version : letting go of my baby bird

squirrley
25-02-08, 06:29 AM
:( We spent the day today discussing the final plans of kyle moving. Looks like in 10 days. Ive been preparing myself but it still hurts. He wasnt very open today which bothers me. I know he's having second thoughts, but its normal.

I DREAD the day I have to say bye. Were giving him money to help out, I truly hope this works for him. As for being a mom, Im sad. I try to look at it as though he's leaving for college. He's going where there is family which is a huge plus.

I wish there was a pill for this kind of pain.:(:(

10 days to go...

I give him mega kudos, my mother in law was here today and he wanted to avoid her but he came back to face her, they had already left.

vashti
25-02-08, 07:09 AM
I really feel for you, squirrley. I already get teary-eyed when I think of my boy going off to college. :(

Illusional
25-02-08, 03:18 PM
there is a pill for this pain. passing out and going to sleep with a lot of liquor. when the morning comes and you'll realize that you're still in the reality of life, things won't seem as bad. trust me, i've been there before.

raverboy

misombra
25-02-08, 11:04 PM
aw squirrley. ::hugs::

Gigabitch
26-02-08, 02:12 AM
Remember, Squirrley, you feel like this because you're a good mom. It's natural and it's right. It sucks and it hurts, but it's right.

vashti
26-02-08, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I suppose it's a bad sign when your momma is happy to see you go. The fact that you are bonded so tightly speaks volumes about the strength of this relationship. He's gonna go off now and learn to be a man (something you can't teach him), but he will still love you.

squirrley
26-02-08, 07:20 AM
Ah thanks you guys. Raver, Ive refilled my somas.

Looks like its all coming together. Everyday one more things is accomplished. He received his High School Diploma in the mail today, we are so PROUD! He cant wait to frame it. Big accomplishment for him.:D

Junket
26-02-08, 07:32 AM
So the runt is finally getting out?

Thank god!

I was beginning to think he'd be stuck in that rut a while longer.

IndiReloaded
26-02-08, 08:02 AM
'Come to the edge,' He said. They said, 'We are afraid.' 'Come to the edge,' He said. They came. He pushed them...and they flew.

You got him this far Squirrel. Best a parent can do. The rest is up to him. Don't worry, he will fly. Good job.