PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Script

anachronistic
02-03-08, 12:09 PM
This is not a necessity, but I am just wondering if there could be another button that allows us to copy numerous posts (for quoting) to our clipboards, with the quoting script around them. It would be particularly useful when we want to respond to several posts in the same thread.

Maybe this feature already exists, and I am unaware; if this is the case, please let me know how to do it, because it is unclear. I have always manually done it in a text program outside of the browser. Thus, programming the website to do this for the users would benefit the website by allowing users to spend more time viewing other posts and giving advice, instead of taking all the time to work on long posts containing multiple responses.

A though to ponder... I am willing to sit down and write up a script, if there is not a mod already for such a thing!

-lilwing

misombra
03-03-08, 12:07 AM
that's a good idea. i see people quoting all kinds of stuff in their post and i wonder how they do it without losing their minds.

Illusional
03-03-08, 03:11 AM
copy and paste... that's how i do it. when you really think about it, there aren't really that many people who will use this option. sure you two might use it, but i think in the long run only a handful of people will find this useful.

raverboy

anachronistic
03-03-08, 06:06 AM
copy and paste... that's how i do it. when you really think about it, there aren't really that many people who will use this option. sure you two might use it, but i think in the long run only a handful of people will find this useful.

raverboy

Copy and paste is all you really can do, unless you want to type it all out. You're right, only a handful of people would find it useful, but this is about quality, not quantity. And besides, people would benefit indirectly from this add-on by the handful of users that post the advice of that length and detail; it will allow these users to concentrate more on their posts and the threads of other users, rather than the unnecessary editing.

As I said before, it's not a necessity. It will only help the forum.

edit: oh, by the way, it will also allow valuable members such as misombra to consider posting longer amounts of advice, since it would become relatively easy, contrary to how they think now.

that's a good idea. i see people quoting all kinds of stuff in their post and i wonder how they do it without losing their minds.

The better the advice, the better the forum is; we all benefit from the viewpoints brought forth by our fellow members.

Illusional
03-03-08, 08:51 AM
The better the advice, the better the forum is; we all benefit from the viewpoints brought forth by our fellow members.

wow, who would have expected so much from a free forum huh? haha

raverboy

anachronistic
03-03-08, 09:20 AM
wow, who would have expected so much from a free forum huh? haha

raverboy

Worth is a commonly misunderstood concept.

Illusional
03-03-08, 10:37 AM
Worth is a commonly misunderstood concept.

that's because i'm not getting paid to do a job... damn im' such a sucker.

raverboy

anachronistic
03-03-08, 11:25 AM
that's because i'm not getting paid to do a job... damn im' such a sucker.

raverboy

That really sucks...

Well, you should still look on the bright side; at what you are gaining out of the experience.

Illusional
03-03-08, 01:25 PM
That really sucks...

Well, you should still look on the bright side; at what you are gaining out of the experience.

haha you have to remember that i come here to talk shit and harass other people... i rarely gain anything...

raverboy

anachronistic
04-03-08, 11:28 AM
I would also like to request that the color of my username becomes green, because I am special!

Illusional
04-03-08, 12:51 PM
I would also like to request that the color of my username becomes green, because I am special!

c'mon, you can't even get your roommate to give you respect, and now you think that you're special?? haha...

raverboy

anachronistic
04-03-08, 03:18 PM
c'mon, you can't even get your roommate to give you respect, and now you think that you're special?? haha...

raverboy

I was kidding. 'sides, my roommate is a douchebag. Nobody likes him. And I got my own room now!

IndiReloaded
05-03-08, 01:28 AM
The htm code for a quote is the characters [*quote] <insert text>[*/quote] to close the quote. You can put a quote inside a quote just like a math equation (same principle).

You need to remove the "*" for it to work (I just put it in so you can see).

anachronistic
05-03-08, 01:57 AM
The htm code for a quote is the characters [*quote] <insert text>[*/quote] to close the quote. You can put a quote inside a quote just like a math equation (same principle).

You need to remove the "*" for it to work (I just put it in so you can see).

I know that. You misunderstood my original post!

Gigabitch
05-03-08, 07:57 AM
This is not a necessity, but I am just wondering if there could be another button that allows us to copy numerous posts (for quoting) to our clipboards, with the quoting script around them. It would be particularly useful when we want to respond to several posts in the same thread.

Are you not using Quote+ ?

Illusional
06-03-08, 12:09 PM
that button doesn't work for me giga.... maybe that's because i'm a common moderator.

raverboy

anachronistic
06-03-08, 12:21 PM
Doesnt work for me either.

IndiReloaded
07-03-08, 08:53 AM
Quote+ doesn't do anything for me either.

Problem w/the code or browser compatibility?

Illusional
07-03-08, 10:07 AM
where is LA when you need him??

raverboy

loveadmin
10-03-08, 01:47 PM
How to do multiple quotes using "Quote+"

Click on quote+ and click on the "Post Reply" button found on the left side just above Quick reply box.

The quotes will then show up ..

Illusional
10-03-08, 01:48 PM
How to do multiple quotes using "Quote+"

Click on quote+ and click on the "Post Reply" button found on the left side just above Quick reply box.

The quotes will then show up ..

i think the multiquote button is a dead link. could you please check up on this.

raverboy

loveadmin
10-03-08, 07:24 PM
i think the multiquote button is a dead link. could you please check up on this.

raverboy

Multi quote (quote+) is not a "link" which will redirect you to another page. It is sort of using 'ajax' in real time to save the post you like to quote.

Try quote two posts above and click "Post reply" . You will redirect to reply box with those quotes.

anachronistic
11-03-08, 12:24 AM
Ahhhh, I was clicking the 'quote' button after clicking the quote+

Illusional
11-03-08, 10:18 AM
oh i see now.. it's like a short hand version of copy and pasting. interesting.

raverboy

loveadmin
11-03-08, 03:55 PM
Ya.. Hope it helps . :)

fghi879
17-12-08, 07:06 PM
Great service, got my gold very quickly and very happy with customer services! :D

loveadmin
18-12-08, 12:36 PM
Great service, got my gold very quickly and very happy with customer services! :D

Admin & mods are slaves on this board. :upset:

IndiReloaded
18-12-08, 12:48 PM
My quote+ works just fine.