PDA

View Full Version : Love and Personal Development

yearoflove
11-03-08, 10:10 PM
I've decided over the past few months that love (unconditional love, that is) goes hand-in-hand with personal development.

I think that loving yourself is the most important thing you can do, and out of that self-love springs forth an amazing amount of love towards others and towards life itself.

What are some things that you do to love yourself?

Tedel
12-03-08, 01:42 AM
+ Don't read garbage (I mean, self-help books)
+ Stay away from the news (why do I need to know how many men were killed or how many women were raped yesterday, anyway)
+ Do what I like to do (write)
+ Explore a few new things now and then (theatre, art gallery, a beautiful Latina ;) or the like)
+ Get together with my friends and talk a long while.

Mish
12-03-08, 08:24 AM
I've decided over the past few months that love (unconditional love, that is) goes hand-in-hand with personal development.

I think that loving yourself is the most important thing you can do, and out of that self-love springs forth an amazing amount of love towards others and towards life itself.

What are some things that you do to love yourself?

I agree with you on this. I wouldn't call it self-love per se, I would call it "abundance mentality", or becoming the change you would like to see in others. When you do things that make a difference and you lead change for the better your self perception of being a good person automatically adjusts to your actions. You begin to love yourself not for any artificial physical attribute or particular aspect of your personality but for the amount of good you can bring into this world. You begin to see yourself as a meaningful change, as an important part of this world. You realize that your life has positive value and this value is important and meaningful to others. This gives you a postive self perspective, positive motivation and resonates well in any relationship with pretty much anyone.

misombra
12-03-08, 08:32 AM
i buy myself fast cars.

vashti
12-03-08, 12:29 PM
What do I do to love myself?

Masturbate.

Mish
12-03-08, 12:49 PM
What do I do to love myself?

Masturbate.

More information please :)