PDA

View Full Version : hypnotic dating.

misombra
12-03-08, 08:41 AM
so i just watched this documentary :detective about hypnotic dating.

it's where you basically put somebody else in a trance.

so in this documentary the guy introduced himself to a woman, basically gave her really nice imagery and make her want to get with him like, right away.

i would really like to know more about this. has anyone ever heard of this? do you believe you could be hypnotized like that? what are some techniques? i would like to try it with somebody, just to see if it works...

Louis Theroux Weird Weekends: Hypnotic Dating

gskorp, where you at? i hope everybody can chime in about this.

Mish
12-03-08, 08:49 AM
From what I read this works through association. You basically make a person re-live past good feelings and experiences and then subtley associate these feelings with yourself. You basically classicaly condition your date to associate you with positive feelings they experienced. I think Scorp will have more on this.

Personally I don't think this will work as well with logically driven men as with emotionally driven women. Men would be easier hypnotized with looks and pin point seduction.

misombra
12-03-08, 09:01 AM
so how do you go into it? he just introduced himself and he was in. you must have to practice to get that good...

vashti
12-03-08, 12:25 PM
Only people who are extremely suggestible are prone to hypnosis.

GrkScorp
12-03-08, 02:29 PM
gskorp, where you at?

I'm here mis, speak of the devil, I was just thinking about you today..

Anyway, the guy in the video is Ross Jeffries, i'm not personally a big fan of his, afterall, David D'Angelo was his student, and they departed on bad terms, so you can imagine how big of a feud there is..

He's a little bitter towards women, some of it is justified, some of it isn't.. But what he basically did, was incorporate the methods of Milton H. Erickson M.D. (used in clinical psychology & psychiatry) and applied it to dating, specifically, women..

Before I give a little intro into the Milton NLP model; a quick word on hypnosis:

- Everything around you is hypnosis, seriously.. All that hypnosis is, is allowing for a person to fall or go into some altered mental state.. When George Clooney is saying "hi" to a woman, he's sending her in an altered state, if Eva Green tells me "hi", believe me, she's sending me in an altered state.. and in effect, that's all that hypnosis is..

There are stages to hypnosis:

1. Establish Rapport, comfort, trust
2. Overload the conscious mind
3. Build response potential (start to stimulate the unconscious mind and allow it to take over)
4. Make suggestions (induce an action or thought)

I'll get into examples of this, but you've already seen me do this on this forum; pay some attention to some of my previous posts, i'm sure after this post, you'll start to realize which ones go into all 4 steps in that order..

The NLP Milton Model:

Uses artfully vague language patters. The language employed allows the listener, or reader, to insert her own meaning as it relates to the situation she is in, in order to give the communication concrete meaning. Often, in order to supply meaning to such language, a person will do a trans-derivational search (TDS). TDS is a specialized trance state that the mind enters in order to search through its memories for a certain experience or set of experiences, or to resolve an unusual situation through the imagination. The ease with which TDS is initiated and deepened in order to affect a person's internal representations makes the Milton model a very sophisticated model for changework, influence, or persuasion.

Example: (poetry) "The days of our lives, like candles standing in a perfectly strait line.. Candles, full of joy, warmth, flare.., brightness..., and hope.. Looking ahead.., an endless line of bright flickering.. but behind.., smoke..., from the candles that burn no more.. don't.. turn back.. don't.. look at the candles that burn no more.. don't.. turn.. don't cry at the cold and lifeless.., look ahead.. at the candles that still burn, full of hope.., bright dreams ahead.. but don't forget.., never forget.., the number of cold, lifeless, dead candles that grows behind.. growing.. more and more.. as the flare and hope ahead, grows dimmer.. as the each candle's flame.. is no more.."

Poetry, prose, and other such works often induce TDS; and make us feel as if we're comming to some great realization, some great understanding about ourselves, our life, or the world in general.. But this illusion, is the effect of TDS taking place, in order for us to make sense of this vague language and symbolism..

YouTube - NLP - Sliding Anchors

She's an amature who does a poor job of NLP and anchors, and you can hopefully get a feel for a general framework of this.. and how it's normally done naturally during regular interaction, with people who have no idea what hypnosis is.. because hypnosis is a natural phenomenon.. The part people think about during hypnosis, is (making suggestions) which is to directly introduce commands to the unconscious, but hypnosis can stop at step 3, which only makes for an enjoyable mental journey..

Step 4 hypnosis: (implanting commands directly to the unconscious)

YouTube - Derren Brown - Subliminal Advertising

Step 3 hypnosis: (allowing for the full enjoyment of emotions) + anchoring

YouTube - NLP - Visual Anchoring (Ross Jeffries)

That is Ross Jeffries, stopping at Step 3, but locking an anchor in place, when triggered, will fire off those surge of emotions enjoyed fully in Step 3.. Anchoring applies what's known as Pavlov conditioning (you know, the dogs, the meat, the door, the bell, the ringing, the saliva.. as you recall what Pavlov conditioning is, notice how easily you can allow yourself to go into TDS and make sense of that sentence)

Anchoring is very useful, but also very dangerous when combined with sub-modalities (which is when people look towards a certain direction and lock an image or emotion in place; and in effect, are stimulating a certain combination of areas in the brain when their eyes are locked in a certain position; so that when their eyes go to that position again, an anchor gets fired, because those same areas of the brain are now stimulated again).. You encounter anchoring naturally every day.. For instance, I smell things sometimes, and when I do, some smells just take me back to some past experience, either with a person, or a certain emotion I was feeling.. All that's happened, is that an anchor has just fired, triggering those emotions to come up.. But Anchoring, Step-3 hypnosis, and submodalities can litterally allow for a person to become "programmed"

YouTube - Derren Brown - "Colour Blind"

Now, imagine going out on a date.. with a guy.. what would naturally happen eventually at some point?

1. Feel comfortable for this person, establishing rapport, trust, a sense of safety and security..

2. Paying attention to so many details that it's hard to follow them off, and you can sort of feel your mind wonder off in a "day-dream-like" mode.. getting lost in that person as he's speaking to you, going deeper and connecting to the conversation.. and in effect, stop thinking and shut down your conscious mind, turning off logic..

3. Turning on imagination, and allowing for the unconscious mind to take over.. getting lost in thoughts, meanings, feelings, emotions, and just enjoying how that feels like, to be with that person..

But in effect, between step 1 & 3, what else were you doing? You were allowing for yourself to get anchored.. That's right.. You were looking at this person (and most likely he was sitting in place, allowing for your submodality to build up momentum).. you were looking at the details on his face, his lips, his smile, his eyes.. you were listening to his voice, and you were enjoying the way it felt when he touched you.. And guess what.. Next time any one of those anchors comes up, and fires.. You start to feel those emotions you enjoyed with him in Step 3 come back.. just by listening to his voice, or seeing him, or being touched by him, or smelling him, etc..

So, this is actually a perfectly natural process.. the controversy begins when people take it a step further into Step 4.. (making suggestions)

- "Haha! That was funny.. you know what I love about laughing? How you feel inside as you're laughing, and right afterwards.. Do you ever notice that numb feeling or a tingle in your body right afterwards? And at first it starts off.. between your eyes, in your head.. but then.. it starts to work its way.. down.., below you.. and you can feel them spreading.. these sensations.. all around.. almost like your body is feeling warmer.. like a mild burning, as all of that is going on inside of you.. with me, the first thing I start to feel is my heart.., pumping faster.., you can hear it.., it just keeps pounding louder.., harder.., you can feel it, deep inside of you.. like a rush all over your body, just comming, over and over again.. and I think that's what really makes it feel so great, that's probably why people think they have such a good time when they're laughing, or when someone has humor.. do you know what I mean?"

That wouldn't really work cold, the person needs to be well into Step 3.. but it gives you an idea of the commands and suggestions put in place..

- "I think eyes are amazing.. there's so much detail in a person's eyes.. almost like they're a world of their own.. I remember looking into someone's eyes as they were talking to me once and thinking to myself how something about them almost reminded me of clouds, and the glare on one eye sort of looked like a sun.. and it's almost like I was at a beach, thinking to myself.. the sky is gorgeous (said to sound like "this guy is gorgeous").. and the water looks so amazing, too bad they were hazel, and i've never really seen hazel water.. lol"

- "Has your waist ever felt funny? I don't know, lately, it feels funny.. like.. when you go down.. on me, when I reach for something lately, below me (said to sound like "blow me"), there's this feeling, but I can't really explain it, it's probably nothing too serious though, just the weather I guess, or I should probably take a break from the gym for a while, find something else to do.. just go back home, lie down and relax for a bit, that's probably all it needs to go away"

To be perfectly honest; women are much easier to hypnotize then men.. not because they're dumb or vulnerable or anything like that.. not at all, hypnosis is a natural phenomenon, and the person has to have a high attention span in order to be able to enjoy it.. something most men lack unfortunately.. but more than that, women are far more emotional and in touch with their feelings, and can more easily go into a day-dream state, letting their mind wonder off into the depths of their imagination..

If there's anything I didn't cover, or something more you want to know, let me know, this is one of my favorite topics..

IndiReloaded
12-03-08, 02:45 PM
I tried to be hypnotized by someone & had this NLP expert try to do their 'magic' on me. I did both in front of a large group to make sure there were witnesses. Neither worked.

Personally, my experience is that its crap. Its like placebo, you have to believe it for it to work.

Mind, placebos work for 20 - 30% of the population.

Gribble
12-03-08, 02:54 PM
There's this hypnotist/comedian, Flip Orley, that I love. He does shows at the DC Improv all the time. I don't know that it's a placebo. I've watched people's heads lull back just from sitting in the audience and paying too close attention while he hypnotized the volunteers up on stage. I tried to get hypnotized myself from the audience but my idiot friend jabbed me in the ribs to point at some drunk guy who was stumbling around and it broke the trance. In either case, watching people make complete asses of themselves on stage is always funny. Especially after a few White Russians.

If I could hypnotize women that would be great.

"This is the best sex you've ever had. So good, in fact, that you want to invite your hot roommate to join us next time."

GrkScorp
12-03-08, 03:32 PM
If I could hypnotize women that would be great.

Here's the thing about hypnosis that so many people don't get..

Hypnosis is NOT:

- Waving around a watch from side to side to put you to sleep
- Making you do things beyond your control
- Putting you under mind control

(those are only VERY RARE forms of hypnosis; and the first one is just crap)

But what's interesting, is that if you DON'T WANT TO BE HYPNOTIZED, and actively resist it in your mind because of an ego-conflict (ego break; "i'm too smart to be hypnotized") then congrats, all you're doing is actively not allowing your conscious mind to pay enough attention and allows yourself to relax and enjoy the feeling of your conscious mind just taking a small break, relaxing, while your unconscious mind picks up and takes you on a mental joy-ride, without even thinking, like you're on autopilot..

There's one issue with this; TRUST.. if you don't trust the autopilot, then you obviously don't want to go on this ride, because you don't know where you'll end up..

Both issues were delt with in Milton H. Erickson's account of a patient with a balder problem that caused him to pee on himself every 30 minutes.. After visiting over 30 doctors; they all told him that there was nothing wrong with him, and the problem was just psychological.. He had tried many hypnotists, who just took him money and kept him around, comming back for more.. So when he got to Erickson's office, he didn't like him very much, there was no trust, and he was actively resisting hypnosis.. something Erickson picked up on when the man uttered "go ahead, hypnotize me and make this go away before I pee on myself again"

Erickson simply "talked" to him and make it clear that today, he wouldn't hypnotize him.. just "talking".. and very quickly, Erickson established comfort and trust; used time distortion to allow him to lose track of time.. and made suggestions to him about the change he wanted in himself (both directly and indirectly).. The other day, the man came into his office, going on about how he didn't have to go to the bathroom for over 8 hours, and possibly longer if he counted the time spent in the office and the walk back home (which Erickson told him to do, before he came back next time).. Erickson then told him, "well, it seems you just solved this problem on your own; I guess you don't really need any doctors to tell you what to do, or any of this hypnosis these people are talking about, I guess there's no need to hypnotize you then, how's work going?"

The placebo won't work if you know you're taking the placebo..

Now, hypnosis, is not the result of what the hypnotist is saying or doing.. not at all.. the person you is being hypnotized, is really the hypnotist.. because it's that person who allows himself/herself to go into that state, and experience the natural trance phenomenon..

- Consider this, and try not to think about everything you know or think you know or think you don't know about the topic so far, as you're reading this now, notice how you're breathing manually, for those of you who don't know what that means exactly, it means as you're reading this, I don't know if you'll notice how aware you are of your breathing, of each breath you're taking, of how the air feels like as it's passing through your mouth and nose, and how it's no longer automatic; stop smiling, I didn't command you to keep reading, or to keep breathing manually.. that was your free choice

For most of you, it's hard to imagine how reading something someone wrote from miles across the world could cause such a change in your body.. But the reality is, that YOU caused that change in your body, because you allowed it to happen.. you didn't resist it.. maybe you're just a very honest and trusting person, who knows.. but for some reason or an other, you felt safe and comfortable enough in the comfort of your own seat, behind your computer, to let yourself go, and surrender to your imagination.. and enjoy something as simple as breathing manually.. again.., that was a choice you made on your own, and a journey you took and experienced by yourself.. all I did was provide the medium for it.. that's all, the rest was all you.. so before you give yourself a pat on the back, just realize what hypnosis really is, and what it's really not..

misombra
12-03-08, 08:31 PM
how would one maintain that? can you maintain it?

Mish
13-03-08, 05:46 AM
When you really think about it, you come to some interesting realizations. And one of those is "consciousness (Or conscious thought) is an illusion". Reality is subjective. Think about it. Then try to nothing but think for next one hour. Can you do it? Can you nothing but think without your mind wondering off for a bit? Without day dreaming? Without suddenly being focused on some emotion brought by a memory? Sight, sounds, smell, can you focus your mind on nothing but calculated thought for that entire time period? How about for just twenty minutes?

This is the role of a successful hypnotist, to make you relive those emotions and feelings that you can't help but relive anyway, block your cosnscious mind by an experience so you can't rationalize what's really going on underneath the surface. They focus on the subjective world (The reality) and when that world is conqeured everything follows. Remember these thoughts? "It feels good to be next to him/her, I feel he/she understands me, I feel like we connect, I feel like it's meant to be, it makes me feel good when I hear his / her voice, see her / his face and THUS I can't stop thinking about her / him". Our thoughts follow our feelings.

Another interesting realization I've had. We like to think "We think and therefore we are", without realizing that our thoughts are just a set of complicated variables conditioned partly by our genes and partly by our environment. Thus, given a circumstance and a number of actions the end result of an interaction can mostly be predicted. The real trick is how to make those circumstances occur :)

Junket
13-03-08, 05:59 AM
I've been hypnotized by my work.

I went through an entire room of receptacle installation (after much repetition), and didn't realize it until somebody came in and disturbed me.

I looked back at the 5 outlets and couldn't remember doin' them.

If hypnotism is anything like that, then I can see how it's easy to be hypnotized. If it's not, then hypnotism is bullshit.

IndiReloaded
13-03-08, 06:01 AM
There's this hypnotist/comedian, Flip Orley, that I love. He does shows at the DC Improv all the time. I don't know that it's a placebo.

Placebos work b/c of suggestion. Same for pseudoscience stuff like homeopathy & NLP. As I understand, hypnosis 'works' thru a similar, not understood process. Not everyone is susceptible, again for reasons that haven't been fully explained. I have noticed that ppl who are more 'rigid' thinkers (scientists, esp math & physics sorts) are far less susceptible. Whether this is a good thing or not probably depends on the circumstance.

Its like Mish said. We basically invent our own reality. I've seen psych patients believing things that are completely irrational but they BELIEVE so its their reality. Fascinating in a scary sort of way.

Junket
13-03-08, 06:04 AM
Just think of all those silly possessed people who need to get excised.

And those black people who drop to their knees in church because they can feel the "holy spirit".

Mish
13-03-08, 06:27 AM
I have noticed that ppl who are more 'rigid' thinkers (scientists, esp math & physics sorts) are far less susceptible. Whether this is a good thing or not probably depends on the circumstance.

I think it also depends on intuition and emotional awareness. If a person is not very emotionally aware and their intuition can't quickly pick up what's going on then the alarm bells won't be going off and they will still go on a ride. I think this would be true for the rigid thinkers as well, if their emotional awareness is not sophisticated enough they will still let the feelings take over. In fact, I think the more rigid they are the harder they will fall into this "anchor" trap and the harder it will be to get out. They won't be able to rationalize their way out of these feelings.

IndiReloaded
13-03-08, 06:37 AM
I think it also depends on intuition and emotional awareness. If a person is not very emotionally aware and their intuition can't quickly pick up what's going on then the alarm bells won't be going off and they will still go on a ride. I think this would be true for the rigid thinkers as well, if their emotional awareness is not sophisticated enough they will still let the feelings take over. In fact, I think the more rigid they are the harder they will fall into this "anchor" trap and the harder it will be to get out. They won't be able to rationalize their way out of these feelings.

What's an 'anchor trap'?

I sort of get what you say, but disagree about rigid thinkers letting their feelings take over. I'd say its the exact opposite problem. That situations that could easily be resolved with a certain level of emotional intuition get muddled b/c of an attempt to rationalize an irrational situation.

Emotions are a lower brain function. Rational thinking is a higher brain function. The two aren't always congruent. In fact, they are often inversely proportional. Or is that what you meant?

Mish
13-03-08, 06:55 AM
What's an 'anchor trap'?

I sort of get what you say, but disagree about rigid thinkers letting their feelings take over. I'd say its the exact opposite problem. That situations that could easily be resolved with a certain level of emotional intuition get muddled b/c of an attempt to rationalize an irrational situation.

Emotions are a lower brain function. Rational thinking is a higher brain function. The two aren't always congruent. In fact, they are often inversely proportional. Or is that what you meant?

From what I understand, anchor means getting you emotionally hooked on something. This can be done with anything. Do you have a favourite brand of ice cream? Of coffee? Cereal? Why do you keep on going back to this particular brand over and over again instead of the other products? How does it make you feel when you have it? The manufacturer anchored you to their product. You have a certain feeling when you taste their brand, it's sometimes even imposible to explain it, but you come back to it over and over again because of that feeling.

Feelings are irrational and we all experience them. Including what you call rigid rational thinkers. There is no way out of it. What I meant that a certain level of emotional awareness and intuition is requried (As well as logical thinking) to pick up this anchoring process. You need alarm bells to set off you conscious thought, if you don't have them you will get hooked like everyone else. And I think if level of emotional awareness and intuition are fairly low, you can fall very hard for it.

boobaa
13-03-08, 07:12 AM
Anchor trap is easy. I have done it. Its just that you get the opposite person emotionally high on the peak and then anchor it with some specific move, like scratch neck. Subconcious mind records it and remembers the mood every time the move is repeated, just don't overdo it. If you look around, this actually applies in everyday life very often, things we don't really notice but that influence our mood. The more direct way to look at it is by music, which is also the remind of some feeling, mood.

People also want people who are similar to them. And this is beyond same interest and talkie shit. Talk is actually secondary, most of the attraction is still achieved visually. It starts from simple open/crossed arms to some very little details which give people away. Thats how we sence if someone is lying, being sad or happy, etc.

IndiReloaded
13-03-08, 07:28 AM
Okay, you mean 'association'. As in classical conditioning. Okay, I get it. Thanks.

IndiReloaded
13-03-08, 07:39 AM
From what I understand, anchor means getting you emotionally hooked on something. This can be done with anything. Do you have a favourite brand of ice cream? Of coffee? Cereal? Why do you keep on going back to this particular brand over and over again instead of the other products? How does it make you feel when you have it? The manufacturer anchored you to their product. You have a certain feeling when you taste their brand, it's sometimes even imposible to explain it, but you come back to it over and over again because of that feeling.

Interesting Mish. I read this & I realized that in our home we actually have very few brand preferences, at least few 'stable' brands that you would call 'anchored'. I think it may have to do with the fact that we don't watch television in our home. And the fact that I hate to shop, lol. Most of our purchases have to do with quality or other criteria (e.g. organically, locally, or 'fair trade' produced).

I suppose the closest anchor I can come up with is 'Mac' for our electronics. But even then, we would dump them as soon as something better comes along, so there's little emotional component.

Feelings are irrational and we all experience them. Including what you call rigid rational thinkers. There is no way out of it. What I meant that a certain level of emotional awareness and intuition is requried (As well as logical thinking) to pick up this anchoring process. You need alarm bells to set off you conscious thought, if you don't have them you will get hooked like everyone else. And I think if level of emotional awareness and intuition are fairly low, you can fall very hard for it.

This is the 'something isn't quite right' sense. Yes, I know what you mean. I experience this at work with employees who have things going sideways before we quite know why.

Are you saying the same sense is used with detecting these 'anchors'? That's useful information for ppl to know. But it also implies something is 'wrong' with using the process if you need alarm bells for it, right? ;)

Feelings are irrational and we all experience them.

I've disagreed with this for a long time. Years, in fact. My opinion, FWIW is this:

Certain feelings can be rational, for example, intense fear in the presence of a serious threat could be considered an entirely rational feeling. Other examples, like feeling joy in the presence of good events, or humor in response to a funny situation are considered 'appropriate' or 'rational'.

Some feelings, however, such as intense anger at humour or fear in the absence of a real threat, can be considered irrational b/c they are not considered 'appropriate' to the situation.

When 'rational feelings' occur, there is usually no conflict. We have congruency between an event & the feeling, which leads quickly to an effective emotional resolution & physical response if necessary.

When 'irrational feelings' occur, however, there is often conflict. The lack of congruency between the event & the feeling causes a 'crossing of wires' with two systems, rational & emotional, fighting for dominance. In these cases, it is usually best to first address the underlying emotion (even if 'irrational') before attempting a rational solution to the situation. Because in most cases of this sort you won't be able to attempt a solution without either suppressing or addressing the emotion.

Does this make sense? In a nutshell, in 'emotionally charged' situations, its always safest to try to address the underlying feelings of a situation first. Or, as I like to say, 'when emotions go up, intellect goes down'.

Mish
13-03-08, 07:56 AM
But it also implies something is 'wrong' with using the process if you need alarm bells for it, right? ;)

Not neccesarily wrong. Some people would consciously want it to happen so they will remove any blocks. If a girl likes a guy in the room, if he approaches her she will try to remove any conscious blocks and allow herself to get hooked because he seems like a good prospect and this will make it easier for the two to get hooked up later on. She will do that because she will want the experience and there's nothing wrong with that.

Some people may want not get hooked because they may want to keep the interaction under control and keep their feelings in check. For example a married guy with an attractive single girl, may want to keep his feelings under control and not let it get out of hand, he wouldn't want to be in a position where he thinks about her over and over again.

Mish
13-03-08, 08:05 AM
Certain feelings can be rational, for example, intense fear in the presence of a serious threat could be considered an entirely rational feeling. Other examples, like feeling joy in the presence of good events, or humor in response to a funny situation are considered 'appropriate' or 'rational'.

Some feelings, however, such as intense anger at humour or fear in the absence of a real threat, can be considered irrational b/c they are not considered 'appropriate' to the situation.

Exactly Indi :)

Look at your choice of words. "Apropriate" / "Apropriate to the situation". What's appropriate and not appropriate are illusionary constructs put in place by social standards. It's very easy to feel sad when you "should" be happy. It's very easy to feel happy when you "should" be sad. There's an obvious conflict between rationality and feelings. Feelings are hard to rationalize. It's hard to explain why we feel the way we feel, when we "should" be feeling something else. They are also hard to control. If a feeling needs to come out, rationaly or irrationaly you can bet your body will find a way for it to happen.

GrkScorp
13-03-08, 09:24 AM
how would one maintain that? can you maintain it?

Before we look at that, do you seriously want to do this to guys?

As you think about that.. there's an interesting aspect of dating people overlook..

At some point in dating, or getting to know the person..

1. You develop trust and comfort
2. You turn off your logic and stop thinking about things, because there's too much to keep logical track of, your mind can't keep up, it gets overloaded
3. You now start to explore alternate, secondary, deeper, more creative and personal meanings behind the conversation (initiating your unconscious)

Now, in between step 1 and 3, as mentioned before, the person who's getting you through those steps (be it intentionally or unintentionally) is anchoring themselves to those emotions and the feeling of being in step-3.. Step 3 is usually some step you enjoy being in, an emotion you like, you like feeling, and thus naturally allow yourself to experience it deeper and more powerfully with this person..

But, in doing so, everything about this person starts to slowly become the anchor, and fire off the anchor! As you're looking at him speak, into his eyes, his face, his smile, his lips, while he's talking to you and the sound of his deep, heavy and rich voice slowly lands and penetrates deep into your years.. and as the flirting gets hotter and the touching gets more intimate, all of that is anchoring those feel-good-emotions/feeling in place.. and at the same time, are being fired off to recall those feelings..

In a very simple case, when a hypnotist is speaking to his/her client, and induces a trance, the hypnotist's voice & speech patterns (speed, usage of language, rhythm, etc) become the anchor! This is the hypnotist speaking in his/her hypnotic voice, which is quite different from his/her regular/normal voice.. Even when the client comes out of trance, all the hypnotist needs to do is speak in his/her hypnotic voice again to get the client into a trance.. That being the case, all the hypnotist needs to do is just anchor the trance to his/her hypnotic voice, and keep talking in his/her hypnotic voice to maintain trance..

Now, let's come back and focus on dating.. two people, a guy and a girl, sitting in some coffee shop, with music playing low in the backround, talking about "stuff".. smiling, laughing, flirting, touching, we know how these things can get.. But as these feel-good emotions/feelings get anchored, and assuming nothing is done to create negative feelings, this anchor will just keep firing off, and getting re-anchored to form a stronger anchor.. and then the two people will eventually have to part with eachother..

Here's where it gets interesting.. notice what's going on when they're no longer around eachother.. There's no anchor there to fire off those feelings.. but their unconscious wants to feel those good feelings.. and so it sends the thought of that anchor (the other person) to the concsious mind.. and eventually, the conscious mind will "make the free choice" to either call or see the other person again.. (because they're now addicted to this feel-good feeling, and in order to get that instantly fired off, they need that anchor triggered, and everything about the other person is that anchor).. I'm sure we've all had situations where you just can't get the other person out of your head.. where that's the only thing you can think about.. and how you feel during that time, when you hear their voice over the phone, or see their face, or have them touch you.. Even anything faintly related to this anchor may even be enough to fire it off for some people.. such as a missed call from that person, or a long-awaited e-mail that get's you all happy and excited, because it reminds you of how good you feel with them..

Now, anchors are not this magical thing they're all cut out to be.. Fire an anchor enough times, (without the actual feel-good-feeling/emotion following up) and the anchor will be less effective the next time.. You can litterally lose the effect of the anchor when you do this..

Example: You have a wonderful night with someone.. They call you the next day.. You see their call and you get happy, you hear their voice and you get happy.. and you arrange a date.. They call you again.. and again.. and again.. and again.. and once more in case that wasn't enough.. And you speak for hours on end before you meet up to go back out on a date.. Now, Friday comes and it's time for your date.. and they call you.. and you talk to them.. and you're feeling as if you're really not as thrilled and excited as you were in the beginning of the week.. what happened? The anchor is now weak, or just not there anymore..

So, anchoring is an effective way to keep those feel-good emotions and feelings and hightened states locked into place for when you need them.. and it doesn't have to be as complex as point-anchoring, YOU being the anchor is both simple and effective enough.. there's nothing more intoxicating than to have the other person fall immediately into an altered-feel-good state when they see you, hear you, feel you, or smell you.. or even just think about YOU.. because YOU are a concept and idea in their mind, which represents many things.. and of those many things, are those feelings of how it feels like to be in that altered state around you and how great you feel around this person.. when this concept and idea of YOU is connected with this feel-good state and emotions.. you don't really need much else in terms of anchoring..

There are anchoring techniques to anchor the emotions and feelings of "fear of loss of pleasure" to things and concepts such as a "door" (which is something you come across many times in a day), so as you can imagine, if you're not around your source of pleasure (the other person) and you're around a door.. you're constantly feeling this fear of loss, not wanting to have the other person walk out of your life forever..

But self-anchoring is really the capstone of step-3..

I'm not all pro-step-4, because quite honestly, it can get a bit evil.. But here are some fun things to try with guys (since you're a woman) once you feel they're in step-3..

- "They were showing on TV the other day, how arousal works for guys.. I thought it was so interesting how it's not just flat-out sexual like I always thought it was.. I mean, he can just be sitting there, and as he's listening to a woman's voice, or looking at her, and obviously as she's touching him.. it was showing how the blood just start to rush into the penis, filling it up slowly.. how the heart just starts to pump faster, and how your breathing starts to change, and as you notice these things happen.. and as it's getting harder.., to pay attention to all these things.. how the focus just shifts from one head to the other.., going down.. feeling her touch on his hand (you can touch him if you want) gently stroking it, all you can think about is her.. below you, you start to feel it.., and all you can think about is the throbbing, and how it's getting harder.. with me, I always thought it was less complicated and had less thinking involved, but it really opened up my eyes to how it must feel like; does it really feel that way; now, honesty tell me what you think as a guy.."

:evil: Now, make sure you're either in his apt, or in the hotel lobby when you have this little wonder uttered through your lips.. ;)

Best,

GrkScorp

Mish
13-03-08, 09:41 AM
penetrates deep

Heh heh

You said "Penetrates Deep"

I picked up on it

misombra
13-03-08, 10:01 AM
thanks gskorp.

actually i was just trying it on anybody, not just a guy. i'd like to try it out on somebody at work. a lot of people call me with problems and issues more often than not, and i'd like to just be able to calm them down with my voice.

i understand you can do that, but you have to have the imagery or some other kind of association in their mind.

the guy on that video took her to her favorite vacation spot. how do you guess what is a good association for that person?

Mish
13-03-08, 10:14 AM
thanks gskorp.

actually i was just trying it on anybody, not just a guy. i'd like to try it out on somebody at work. a lot of people call me with problems and issues more often than not, and i'd like to just be able to calm them down with my voice.

Ahh, thats the easy bit. You don't need to hypnotize somebody to make the calm down. I do it at work all the time (For people with problems). Just approach them calmly with calm slow paced voice. Be calm and unthreatening. Then smile and look into their eyes. Say something simple "How can I help you?" Then listen to them with lots of eye ocntact. If they're shaking use your hands to calm them, put your hands on their shoulders. Say a joke or humour them. If it's someone you know, you could even exagerate their panic. "You look like there was an explosion? Is everybody okay? Did you call 911?" Facial expression in shape of alert. You're mirroring their state, but over acting. Their problem wasn't this bad, their posture is timid in comparison to yours, they can feel safe, they can relax now.

misombra
13-03-08, 11:17 AM
but i want to put someone in a trance.

like the way that guy in the video did it. he just put some sort of scene in her mind.

i'd like to try it on my bf too just for giggles u know?

Mish
13-03-08, 11:20 AM
but i want to put someone in a trance.

like the way that guy in the video did it. he just put some sort of scene in her mind.

i'd like to try it on my bf too just for giggles u know?

I see, I know what you mean. You want to experiment and play ;)

I think Scorp is a better authority on this one

misombra
13-03-08, 12:26 PM
so while i was watching those vids gskorp posted for me, i ran into this guy...

YouTube - Comfort Building

thought he had some good advice. he certainly made me understand the fears that guys have (not in that vid i just posted in others of his) about talking to girls.

he claims the fear is:

20%- if you mess with the wrong girl, her clan will have you killed. (based on evolutionary theory.)

80%- if you mess up with a girl, she's gonna go tell all the other girls that might have been available for you and she's gonna blow your chances.

interesting.

GrkScorp
14-03-08, 03:25 AM
thought he had some good advice. he certainly made me understand the fears that guys have (not in that vid i just posted in others of his) about talking to girls.

he claims the fear is:

20%- if you mess with the wrong girl, her clan will have you killed. (based on evolutionary theory.)

80%- if you mess up with a girl, she's gonna go tell all the other girls that might have been available for you and she's gonna blow your chances.

Mystery, my little brother is hooked on this guy, his advice is good, his look throws me off a little bit though.. most of his stuff sounds very similar to D'Angelo's seminar.. (not to imply he stole it or anything, but it's not something too new)

The percentages are not accurate, because the bulk of the fear in the second one, is not that she'll reject you.. it's the preventive fear of that..

- The fear that you are not good enough for her to accept, and that might cause her to reject you, which will in turn cause her to go back to her friends, which will in turn cause your genes to be locked out..

All that translates to then, is the bulk of a guy's fear, being a preventive fear of that second case.. "insecurity", poor self-awareness, esteem, acceptance and satisfaction of who you are, knowing your value and being comfortable with who you are and what you have to offer; "confident" that (1). you're not going to get rejected (2). if you happen to get rejected, it's not for the reason you may think you got rejected, it was really her misjudgment or her need for validation that caused the rejection, which in either case, means that it's her loss; and you're actually better off because (a) you're not with her, and (b) you have just learned from the whole experience

GrkScorp
14-03-08, 04:18 AM
but i want to put someone in a trance

You put someone in a trance every day..

There are levels of trance:

- Waking trance
- Light trance
- Medium trance
- Deep trance

As you're reading this, try and notice how different you're feeling compared to let's say..., when you weren't reading this, or when you weren't even on LF.. You're in complete control of yourself.. you're still fully aware of what you're thinking, what you're doing, and your body.. you're fully aware and in control of these things as you're reading this.. so you definitely can't say that you're in a deep trance now can you? But you can definitely notice that you're in some level of trance as you're reading this.. and it doesn't have to get deeper..

Trance takes place in between being absolutely fully conscious and perfectly aware, and being in deep sleep.. in between all that, some aspect of your conscious mind is turned off, and some aspect of your unconscious is working, taking over.. and as this is happening.. what you're feeling, is yourself falling into trance.. With waking trance, it's hard to know exactly when you're in waking trance.. because you're ALWAYS in some place between being fully conscious/perfectly aware and in deep sleep..

Light trances are small departures from full conscious awareness.. you may have already been experiencing and feeling yourself going into light trance naturally.. while driving your car, thinking about what you have to get done, about other things, listening to the music, and before you know it, you're at your destination, but have no idea how time just happened to fly; because while your conscious mind was busy with all these other things, your unconscious mind took over the driver's seat, and started driving, so you wouldn't get killed, and alerting your conscious if there was a situation that placed you in danger, if you're still reading, I can imagine that there was never such a situation..

Medium trances are more uncommon.. it would be dangerous to drive if you're in a medium trance, because your conscious mind can't take over quickly enough, and you might find yourself in a serious accident if that's the case.. (which is usually the case in most accidents, people falling into a deeper trance, letting their mind wonder, and then find themselves unable to react quickly enough and regain conscious thought fast enough to prevent an accident)

In deep trance, you're practically sleeping.. This is the type of trance everyone is familiar with and thinks about when they hear or think "hypnosis".. The conscious mind is shut off, and the unconscious mind is practically fully dominating a person's thought process; making suggestions at this level of trance is as simple as giving orders or direct commands (unless the unconscious can rationalize that the suggestion is NOT beneficial or is even harmful for the person)

With someone like your boyfriend.. unless you mention (I want to hypnotize you), you already have a sense of trust established.. after that, it's a simple matter of overloading the conscious mind..

- A friend of mine today, back from high school, was telling us something her boyfriend's sister was watching yesterday on ____ with her, she was telling us how.. (woah! slow down, who, what, where? when you say "she" it's largely unclear who you're talking about.. there are so many details to focus on, the conscious mind has too much to work with, it's overloaded and needs help, that's where the unconscious comes in to make some sense of the situation)

- I don't know if you feel that way, or ever thought about it like that, or just never thought about it exactly like that, or maybe didn't feel like thinking about it the way you thought about how it would feel like.. (as you think about what exactly that means, notice how hard it is to make sense of that, how your unconscious is trying to assemble the puzzle together to make some sense or meaning out of what your conscious is failing to do.. this open-ended logic, or rather lack of logic, shuts down the conscious, and calls forth the unconscious mind to take over.. when you're in this state, it's extremely easy to start doing things like breathing manually again for instance or start laughing about how much more suggestable you are now that your unconscious is starting to take over)

I'll stop.. but the point is.. if you want to induce a trance, and you already have trust & comfort in place.. it's just a matter of shutting down/overloading the conscious, and calling forth the unconscious.. You can do this with open-ended logic/no-logic.. which the conscious can't deal with, so it automatically calls for the unconscious.. OR, you can do it with non-conscious inputs..

Examples: Visual images & lighting, music, smells, body sensations.. People fall into light/medium trance naturally when they are listening to music and allow themselves to get lost.. or looking at pictures of a travel, pool, decorating magazine, or being in a field of flowers, or going into a warm hot-tub and having the jets massage your body with that relaxing stream of bubbles and water..

What Ross Jeffries and other people do, is actually overload the conscious mind with the "idea" of these inputs, and let the person come up with their own details inside their mind, until they overload it themselves.. and in order to enjoy their fantasy on a deeper level, and get lost in it in the privacy of their own mind, their unconscious is called forth.. allowing them to feel and enjoy that situation on a much fuller, richer, and deeper level..

You can see on your own, for yourself, how you can start to combine all these things, and ask your boyfriend what some of his fantasies are.. letting him explore some of them.. and just tell him to think about one, it can be anyone he likes.. and to just think about it.. who's there, what you're wearing, he doesn't have to tell you, just think about it.. what music is playing, if the lights are on or off, what you look like, what he's wearing, what he's doing, what you guys were doing before you were about to play out this fantasy, what you're doing now, where he wants to be touched.. no talking out loud, just thinking about it.. and then as he's doing this.. you can transition to the little pattern I made for you (about what you were watching on the discovery channel.. and as you transition to this, you can add in the "my friend.. conscious overload, to keep his conscious mind off-line".. and you'll notice that just by talking.. you caused his body to get in a highly sexual state, you caused an erection (or in women, getting them wet).. just with words.. just with allowing his unconscious mind to enjoy the "idea" of his fantasy, and your touch, and what you're doing to him.. and then combining that with a list of subtle indirect suggestions through a pattern that will implant those ideas in this mind, and cause him to feel a certain way through his unconscious.. and he'll want to explore that feeling, because that feeling feels good..

But that's a matter of making indirect suggestions.. trance induction occured the moment you took his conscious mind off-line.. and allowed his unconscious mind to take over so he can enjoy those feelings on a much deeper level..

P.S. if you're interested, PM me, and i'll recommend a great book on trance induction, which is simple to read, and does a great job of organizing the entire process from beginning to end..

Best,

GrkScorp

vashti
14-03-08, 05:12 AM
If you want to put someone in a trance, sombra, have them read Grk's posts. I can't get past the first paragraph or two without my eyes glazing over. :D

Mish
14-03-08, 07:08 AM
When I read Scorp's posts all I see is lessons. Good lessons. I sometimes remember myself in exact same situations and almost kick myself, damn it! that's exactly what I should've said back then to keep the conversation going. Damn it, that's exactly what I should've done to keep her interest. Why didn't I do this? It would've been so easy. His posts are a wealth of examples of things to try when you're out there, especially when you're stuck and don't know which way to go.

Although Scorp's posts are ginormous (An attempt to overload our conscious minds to put us in a trance no doubt!) there is a lot of useful information in them which (The most important bit) actually works.

vashti
14-03-08, 07:46 AM
...true, it only seems to have the dissociation effect on women...

Maybe this explains his self-proclaimed success with women?

Mish
14-03-08, 09:37 AM
The things I know that do work, is when I talk to girls (especially the ones who like to travel) about their experiences. The sights they've seen, the views, how it made them feel. Was it a sea of green? What did it feel like? Did you hear this wonderful mix of sounds, the birds, the voices of nature? Did you feel like you were one with it? It must have felt so good standing there taking all of this in. I can see them relive this experience there with me. They're not talking to me anymore, they're standing with me looking at these amazing sights and views, they're describing how it felt like, but bascially they are describing how it feels right now with me.

Later on I get phone call. "I just saw this amazing view and it reminded me of you".

Straight out of Scorp's pages :)

misombra
14-03-08, 09:51 AM
wow. i'm going to try this. i'll let you know how it works...

GrkScorp
14-03-08, 08:50 PM
(An attempt to overload our conscious minds to put us in a trance no doubt!)

Haha..

Well, at least that's the case with "Inner Game", or when a girl posts about not having sex with her bf yet, and after my post, she "just happens" to give him a handjob.. oops :D

PussyCatDoll
15-03-08, 12:18 AM
in high school, one girl in my class performed 'black magic' on another.the girl it was being done to had her eyes closed and was in a trance and the other made a winding motion and the trance girls' arms started moving around. it was really werid. i don't believe in this type of stuff. i think if you beleive it then you create it.

GrkScorp
15-03-08, 12:03 PM

I bit my tongue today really hard as I was chewing gum, it still hurts a bit.. but strangely enough, when it was sore, I thought back to when you mentioned something about holding some guy's balls until they agreed to something.. something along those lines.. and at that moment I was thinking, you know what, mis is really interested in this stuff.. I think she needs one last thing, something special..

So, this post is for you mis.. just for you, and only for you.. as you're reading this, I want you to know, that nobody else reading this post will experience it in the same way you are, nobody will feel the same things you feel.. and hopefully towards the end of the post, you'll start to notice on your own, exactly why that is.. the point of this post is not to hypnotize you, though I can't promise the same for anyone else reading.. but it's to point out elements and concepts that you should have in mind..

Now, before you go ahead and keep reading, you may want to turn off your phone, or close the t.v., or just the door, or perhaps just sit there, and not even allow anything to bother you.. whenever you think you're ready.. just try and think about how it would be if I would be next to you, talking to you.. that as you're sitting there reading these words with your eyes, in front of your screen, as you're sitting down now and doing this, you would have me next to you, speaking to you, hearing my voice, hearing me say these words with my voice.. now, you don't know what I sound like, but i'm sure you can probably imagine something close enough.. not just how it would sound like, but the rhythm and pace, it's all up to you.. You don't have to hear my voice as you're reading this.. only when you find it more useful to.. whenever you don't want to, you don't have to hear my voice as you're reading..

That's the most important part about eliciting those feelings and states in someone.. listening to them.. It's not some race against time.. there's no competition.. there is no clock ticking.. there's no rush to get them into trance.. you can take all the time in the world.. and allow for trance to happen, naturally.. the less you try, the more progress you'll make.. you are just the medium, the road, the map that will guide that person into trance.. you have no control over them.. they have control.. they are in total control.. which is why it's important to feel how they're feeling.. and guide those feelings, to lead them exactly where you want them to be.. by making them feel that that's exactly where they want to be..

You can start by just talking.. the way we're talking right now.. and they don't have to talk back.. they can just sit there.. and as you sit there, you don't have to do anything, you don't even have to listen, you can be completely distracted, not focused on anything, don't try and focus on anything really, not even how your eyes feel now, or your breathing, much deeper than that, you can choose when you want to be in total control of these things, you don't have to be aware of any of that.. you don't have to really pay any attention to any of the details of what is being said.. you can just hear.. and as you're sitting there hearing me talk.. try and notice, that this person talking, is you.. and while the person you're talking to may change, the person who is talking will always be you.. and will be the same person listening.. and while what you're saying, or what you're listening to might not make much sense, your mind will put it all together, will make sense, of what didn't.. will allow you to feel.. that sense of absolute control, but total lack of control all at the same time.. and the more you start to wonder what's going on, what has already been going on, the more you'll notice that feeling.. inside of you, that feeling is unique, but if you never feel it as you're listening.. then you'll never feel it as you're speaking.. and it's a great feeling, a refreshing feeling, a numb feeling, an empty feeling, and a full feeling, a mild feeling, yet powerful, comfortable and relaxed, yet intense and full on mystery, unknown and familiar, all at the same time.. and before you can create these feelings, these emotions, these thoughts.. as you guide your listener through that journey.. think about what it really means to be the listener.. and what it means exactly, to be the speaker.. and before you start to understand more about which role you're taking in between those two.. take as much time as you need to open and close your eyes and re-orient yourself, now

You can feel free to go back and forth; as may times as you need to, and notice for yourself, as many elements of trance induction as you want.. and when you find some that you like, you can feel free to use them.. but it's a good habit to get into getting a feel of what induction is.. how it works.. and try and come up with ones of your own.. and as you start to see it and feel it for the natural process that it is.. you'll notice yourself getting better and better at it.. and more importantly, have much more success with the people you chose to use this new skill of yours on..

Oh, and one more thing, please, stop hearing my voice when you read things from now on, that's not how I really sound you know..

Best,

GrkScorp

Mish
15-03-08, 03:48 PM
so while i was watching those vids gskorp posted for me, i ran into this guy...

he claims the fear is:

interesting.

That is interesting

Though I think a lot of it is to do with experience. When you think about it. A guy who doesn't have a lot of experience with women, how is he to know when it's appropriate to approach? What's appropriate to say? What are the right things to say? When can he touch her? When can he lead her away? He knows what the end result should be, but he just doesn't know how to get there. This creates fear. What if I do something wrong? What if she doesn't like me? Wait, she doesn't look like somone who'd go for me, ahh, this is too much, I can't take this anymore, so much easier to just not do anything, wait she's coming, hopefully she's not looking this way, hopefully she'll just ignore me. And that's exactly what happens.

Guys with experience don't worry about things like that. For example when I approach I know if I do or say this she will smile, if I do or say that she will laugh, any girl will, she will act in this way and if she doesn't she's just being weird, I can make her feel weird because this is how she's behaving. For someone with experience this is like washing your hands, you know what leads where, you know which way to go. And if it doesn't work, if you stumble, run out of things to do or say, big Woop! It was a good learning experience. I will analyze it inside my head and develop a solution for next time which will work. It's just another case of trial and error. It's just another experience. I'm motivated even by rejection, it gives me reasons to do more. To experiment. To play.

GrkScorp
16-03-08, 03:44 AM
I will analyze it inside my head and develop a solution for next time which will work. It's just another case of trial and error. It's just another experience. I'm motivated even by rejection, it gives me reasons to do more. To experiment. To play.

;)

AND, what you touched on, is calibration.. getting an instinctive feel for how someone is feeling, being able to predict their reaction, so well that in fact you're confident and sure of the outcome..

What Ross Jeffries did is impressive, because it almost looks like he skipped over comfort, and is RUSHING through his induction.. but the point is to NOT rush.. to take your time with that person, calibrate, and feel how they're feeling.. and guide them accordingly.. because at the end of the day, you're just talking, using words.. not some magic power.. the magic is entierly within the other person, and what they find most beneficial in terms of what they want to feel and where they want to take their emotions..

You can think of it like playing on so many different levels of a person, ego, pride, self-image, desire, needs, wants, insecurity, fantasy, etc.. And although not a book on hypnosis, an excellent read is "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene.. It was one of the recommended readings in a negotiations class, and really, through negotiations is where you really start to see this stuff more clearly..

Law 3 (Conceal your intentions)

- Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelop them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

(You can see this in the game of Chess, and during legal argument, negotiations, i'm sure you've seen this in action with a certain someone in this forum, but it also applies to hypnosis.. which is why comfort and trust are so important.. but in friendly/mild/casual/light hypnosis, it's not so much about letting people dig themselves deeper into a hole they can't get out of.. it's not about exposing weakness or insecurity or motives.. it's about allowing the other person to fully enjoy where your words are taking them, without feeling like you are trying to pull a fast one of them in some way, because really, you're not.. You're just allowing them to enjoy the emotions, feelings and thoughts you're allowing them to think they want to enjoy)

Law 8 (Make other people come to you - Use bait if necessary)

- When you force the other person to act, you are the one in control. It is always better to make your opponents come to you, abandoning his/her own plans in the process. Lure him/her with fabulous gains, then attack. You hold the cards

(This again applies to the concept of appealing to ego, needs, wants, insecurities, fantasy, desire, pride, and self-image.. people are very puppet-like, you just need to know what strings to pull)

Law 29 (Plan all the way to the end)

- The ending is everything. Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences and obstacles that might reverse your hard work.

Law 31 (Control the opinions: Get others to play with the cards you deal)

- The best deceptions are the ones that seem to give the other person a choice: Your victims feel they are in control, but are actually your puppets.

Law 33 (Discover each man's thumbscrew)

- Everyone has a weakness, a gap in the castle wall. That weakness is usually an insecurity, an uncontrollable emotion or need; or a secret pleasure. Once found, it's a tumbscrew you can turn to your advantage.

Law 39 (Stir up waters to catch fish)

- Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. But if you can make your enemies angry while staying calm yourself, you gain a decided advantage.

(People do and say stupid things when angry or emotional. They dig a deeper hole for themselves, and reveal to the rest of the world, aswell as themselves, their true colors and deepest insecurities and motives.. very useful in deeper levels of hypnosis, couple this with a sense of trust, comfort, acceptance, and understanding.. and you'll create a powerful feeling of emotional connection)

Law 47 (Do not go past the mark you aimed for; In victory, learn when to stop)

- The moment of victory is often the moment of greatest peril. In the heat of victory, arrogance can push you past the goal you had aimed for. Do not allow success to go to your head. There is no substitute for strategy and careful planning. Set a goal, and when you reach it, stop.

(It's possible to go too far, or even destroy everything you worked so hard to get to.. So when you get a desired reaction, don't push further, stop, rest, take it easy, and start again shortly after if your new goal is to now push further)

GrkScorp
16-03-08, 05:12 AM

Crap, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner..

There's a fun & playful hypnotic trick I use on people, (yes, mostly girls in my case), that incorporates all of these elements of hypnosis and mental magic.. It's fairly quick (under 10minutes) and works much better in groups (although, i've used it 1-to-1 in a noisy environment before and it still worked)

It's my little baby, and although it's simple, and won't get you too far in terms of (attraction, numbers, kissing, dating, sex, etc) that's ok.. because that's not the point.. The point is for it to just be fun..

(The Rubber-band trick)

- Purpose: It's a fun & playful DHV, and it's also interactive, which means it builds comfort & trust, puts people at ease, and breaks for first initial contact, allows for more kino throughout the trick.. and it builds compliance, increasing the person's compliance threashold.. It's also a (PD/neg) because it makes the other person feel slightly dumb, fooled, used, tricked.. but remember, it's playful & fun, so the rest is all excused and overlooked..

- You will need: (Nothing) Seriously, you just need your own hands, and the attention and compliance of the other person..

You: Have you ever cried or been scared when watching a movie? Like a sad or scarry movie?

Them: (Yes/No; most likely a "no" with guys, but it doesn't matter)

You: (If "yes") So, even though you knew that those were just actors, you felt those feelings and emotions is if they were real.. that just means you have a really good imagination, so you're naturally able to connect yourself to situation a little deeper than most other people, that's a good thing.. (If it's a highly emotional girl, let her do some venting about her personal life/drama, and then proceed with the trick)

You: (If "no") Really? I mean, it doesn't have to be crying, but you mean that you've never even felt sad or happy, or excited or angry, during a movie? (if you can't get them back to a "yes" frame, continue with the "no" frame) That's interesting, because (girls are supposed to be more creative, guys are supposed to be more visual; pick which one applies), but that just means you're more in control of your imagination than most people, that's good.. People like that can focus on things much better and easily..

You: I want to show you something silly, I think you'll probably like it, we'll see.. but, before we start, make sure your hands are empty and not tense or anything, and if you want to adjust the way you're sitting to feel more comfortable, you can do that if you want..

Them: (does stuff, says ok, blah blah)

You: O.K. (open your hands, palms facing them, and act this out accordingly), so, my hands are empty.. right? but! Let's pretend.., there's an imaginary rubber band (strech it out, it's about showmanship).. and sure you can't see it, but you can feel it.., and it's a brand new fresh imaginary rubber band.., nice and strechy.., but if you want, you can give it a color.., don't tell me what color.., keep that to yourself.., until the end.., you can think about it, but don't say it out loud or tell me..

Them: (ok..)

You: Now, put your hands out.., just like that.., good., and take the rubber band.. but before you take it.., make sure you don't drop it.., it's a b*tch to find it if you drop it.., ok.. (give the rubber band to the other person).. now, play with it as much as you like, until you think you have a good feel for it, how strechy it is.. take as much time as you want.. and just nod your head when you think you have a good feel for it..

Then: (nod)

You: Ok, so, now.. as you're holding the rubber band, i'm going to start streching it with one hand, and it's your job to tell me when to stop, and make sure it doesn't break.. You have to tell me when to stop.. I don't want it to snap and hit me in the eyes or face or something.. or even just my hands, it's not a nice feeling.. it really hurts.. so make sure you tell me when to stop streching.. ok?

You: (Start streching until they tell you to stop).. Ok.., now let's strech it back.. and you can give it to back to me.. don't drop it.. there you go.. good.. (play with the rubber band), hey.. what do you know.. it's still strechy.. (now, quickly & unexpectedly, strech it in such a way, that it looks like you're about to flig the rubber band towards their face, and with the hand that's holding the back of the rubber band, open your fingers to imply that you're letting it go; let it happen naturally)

Them: (Flinch)

You: (Smile) Why did you flinch? It's just an imaginary rubber band.. (You can then guess their color if you microcal; for additional DHV)

How it works?

- It's a silly, childish, fun, playful game, and there are no bets involved, so there's a sense of ease, comfort, and trust..

- You're building compliance momentum throughout the entire trick

- You're distracting their conscious mind with the concept of "color" (as they're trying to figure out what the trick is and how it relates to color).. This allows their unconscious to form the idea of the rubber band as a reality and continue to comply in an effort to discover the trick behind the "color"

- You're building response potential by implanting ideas in their head.. "don't drop it, because then I can't find it.. don't let it break, because then it might fly into someone's face and hurt.. their unconscious wants to avoid pain and the danger of loss of vision in an eye, so you implant fear.. though keeping it fun & playful to not give away your intentions"

- It's interactive, and your frame is in control.. You are slowly forcing them to accept your reality of there actually being a rubber band in this interaction.. This is why the trick works better in groups, where everyone can strech the rubber band, until someone says stop.. it implies that multiple people have accepted this reality, which enforces the concept that this reality is true..

- In the beginning, notice how you're luring them; and feel free to notice some of the other subtleties in the trick, but these are the most important ones..

Best,

GrkScorp

misombra
16-03-08, 05:26 AM
thanks scorp. i'm going to a party tonight and i'm gonna try doing something like what you said.

that's really what i needed were some practical ideas on how to get it started. the movie thing is great.

i suppose you could get somebody to talk about a really funny movie and put them back in that moment as well...

Mish
16-03-08, 07:39 AM
This allows their unconscious to form the idea of the rubber band as a reality and continue to comply in an effort to discover the trick behind the "color"

Can you also work out the color? Cause that'd be pretty cool

misombra
16-03-08, 04:29 PM
so i had a little bit of fun with this tonight. not too much though. though it sparked interesting conversation. which i guess is the point, right?

i tried the thing with the sad movies with one of my friends and we got to talking about different movies. we both realized we were both very able to empathize with people and it gave us both insight into each others worlds.

i tried it with my boyfriend and it didn't work very well. but we're already comfortable with each other and know each other very well. i'd have to get a lot of practice to be able to do it with him.

i asked him about one of the best experiences of his life and he said it was when he met me. but i think he just says those things to be nice.

misombra
17-03-08, 01:29 PM
so, the trick with calming someone down with your voice is probably to be calm yourself, right?

this whole hypnotic thing really is mind tripping yourself.

i'm gonna try this with my boss's. i would like them to stop picking on me and calm down. right now they're just looking for ways to mess with me.

i would like to make them calm down and trust me and have faith in me...

GrkScorp
17-03-08, 03:55 PM
i tried the thing with the sad movies with one of my friends and we got to talking about different movies. we both realized we were both very able to empathize with people and it gave us both insight into each others worlds.

The "sad-movies" trick.. isn't a trick.. it's part of the (Rubber-band trick).. that whole post.. is just for one trick..

The reason you start off with asking about movies.. it to give your conversation an natural feel.. as opposed to starting off with.. (oh hey, let's play a silly game)..

It's important, because it allows the person to get into the mode of remembering himself/herself getting in touch with emotions/feelings in situations where the stimulus wasn't "real".. in the case of movies, but actors and special effects.. then, it acts as a comfort-building tool when you tell them that they must be creative;etc for being able to connect with movies that way.. and then you can transition into the rubber band trick..