PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy?

Junket
07-04-08, 10:24 AM
Considering everything, on average, are you happy?

DoesntMatter
07-04-08, 10:30 AM
Yeah, but I'd be even happier if you were sitting in my lap right now Fras ;)

FoxyLaydee
07-04-08, 10:35 AM
Yup, I am happy... would be even happier once my proposal is approved.

Are you happy, Frasbee?

1averagejoe
07-04-08, 10:42 AM
I think the appropriate word for me would be:

Content.

anachronistic
07-04-08, 11:31 AM
I am lacking in the friends and love-life department. That's all that is wrong...

Junket
07-04-08, 11:34 AM
I am lacking in the friends and love-life department. That's all that is wrong...

I too am lacking friends.

As a result I'm feeling a bit home sick.

But I generally speaking, things have been on an upswing for me.

misombra
07-04-08, 11:40 AM
i'm more than happy.

vashti
07-04-08, 12:15 PM
I am happy on occassion, but like joe, the better adjective would be content.

1averagejoe
07-04-08, 12:31 PM
Make that 3...I know a lot of people through school. But non of them are really friends.

But I'm not letting it bother me. I see it as a way for me to get out, workout, run, go to the beach, work on whatever hobby I've got and not have anyone distract me. So far things are good.

bluesummer
07-04-08, 03:38 PM
I am very happy, actually. The most I've been in my life.

I actually had this moment tonight....I was eating dinner at this restaurant called Cloud 9 in Vancouver....it's on the top floor (42nd) of a hotel downtown, and it slowly revolves so you get a view of the whole city. I'd always wanted to go there. I was enjoying the beautiful view, with my wonderful bf smiling at me from across the table, and I said to him "I'm having a perfect moment right now." He said "what do you mean?" I replied: "Everything right now feels so great. I realized in this moment how happy I am and how fortunate I've been in my life. If things never get better than this, then I'm very lucky and could never ask for anything more." I really don't know why it hit me just then, but it did. He was like "Wow!"

That's just how I felt right then, too. Wow. Life is good.

misombra
07-04-08, 08:47 PM
i think happiness tends to wax and wane. there are good times and there are not so good times.

boobaa
07-04-08, 11:17 PM
No, I am not, for most of my life. I don't remember when I was completely happy or having katarsis... seriously. There are some fun moments, but that is not happiness.

IndiReloaded
08-04-08, 12:32 AM
There are always things to optimize. My life is very good. I also move b/t content & happy w/only occasional things I would call 'irritating'.

Junket
08-04-08, 05:03 AM
Ever since AmeriCorps, when I realized how much more fulfilling life could be, I've kept my mind open to stepping out of my comfort zones, and try to stay vigilant about improving/fixing anything in my life that I dislike.

Why tolerate when you can fix?

bluesummer
08-04-08, 05:15 AM
I agree with you on that, Fras. We should never become complacent and accept our mediochrity in certain areas. You can improve yourself...so why not try? Stepping out of your comfort zones really opens your eyes and reveals things to you not on;y about yourself, but other people and the world around you.

I want to be the best person I can be. I'm always working on myself in some way....I consider myself a life-long work in progress. I've done pretty well so far.....it's made me a much happier person.

Junket
08-04-08, 05:22 AM
I'm trying to rethink my outlook as of late.

Since I've moved into the new apartment, I've been very focused on obtaining material items. Some things are valid, like a bicycle to save on gas, and new struts for my car's bouncy suspension, but other things, such as an LCD tv so that I can play my videogames are not as valid, although the intent is to play my games on-line with my buddies from back home.

Me and Amy have been running around like crazy trying to get all these things, and yesterday I decided to relax and stop trying to rush out and get all these things. After all, my life has only improved exponentially since we moved into this apartment, why stress out over all that dumb shit?

Angelone
08-04-08, 07:17 AM
I am happy with my relationship ..But i could more happy with my looks and body ..

Illusional
08-04-08, 10:37 AM
i got my heineken.. could i be any happier??

raverboy

Junket
08-04-08, 10:39 AM
i got my heineken.. could i be any happier??

raverboy

Just a heineken?

Yes, I think you could be happier...

Illusional
08-04-08, 10:44 AM
Just a heineken?

Yes, I think you could be happier...

well i'm about to get drunk right now so i'm all good.

raverboy

Riyko
08-04-08, 08:05 PM
Yes right now i'm really happy everything is going 100 times better for me lately.

RSK
08-04-08, 10:31 PM
i'm happy, well, happy as can be. it's not about what you want, or need, that can make you happy. but it's what you all ready have. and if you can find it, and then learn how to appreciate it, then you are miles ahead. i'm going to start a thread, (here we go again)... kind of related to this, and a friend i have.

IndiReloaded
09-04-08, 12:47 AM
Its true. Happiness is in your mind, you just think it:

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080407/full/news.2008.741.html

Vash & RK, you should encourage your admins to mount posters of laughing ppl in the wards, like the one in the article. I'm thinking about wearing a smilie-face T-shirt when I give a talk...

vashti
09-04-08, 01:16 AM
Nice idea, indi, but I'm not sure how that would go over with families whose patients are dying.

IndiReloaded
09-04-08, 01:19 AM
Nice idea, indi, but I'm not sure how that would go over with families whose patients are dying.

How about a 'Happiness Room'? One dedicated specifically to lifting the spirits of those in need?

vashti
09-04-08, 01:21 AM
I think they already have that. It's called the break room. :D

j/k

Kiechi
09-04-08, 10:38 AM
Not at all. Alcohol - Weed - Salvia - Pills - - Fags. Recently been on a self destruct mode for these past 2 weeks. Not good at all.

Junket
09-04-08, 11:45 AM
Not at all. Alcohol - Weed - Salvia - Pills - - Fags. Recently been on a self destruct mode for these past 2 weeks. Not good at all.

Maaaan.

Don't be doin' all that, that's no good.

vashti
09-04-08, 01:45 PM

PM me if you want to talk, my friend.

Illusional
09-04-08, 11:17 PM
Maaaan.

Don't be doin' all that, that's no good.

grow some balls and have a drink with me.

raverboy

misombra
09-04-08, 11:29 PM
YouTube - Bobby Mcferrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy

misombra
09-04-08, 11:32 PM

what's going on?

Tedel
10-04-08, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I'm a happy dude. That's one of the most surprising features my friends find in me. I think the word in English is sunny. :)

DoesntMatter
10-04-08, 01:00 AM
Wanking always brightens my day

Junket
10-04-08, 04:58 AM
grow some balls and have a drink with me.

raverboy

Grow some balls and refuse one.

squirrley
10-04-08, 05:32 AM
Id say Im happy. I have a great husband, a son whose finally getting his crap together, and a wonderful place I call home. Im happy inside most of all...even without my soma's!;)

blue
10-04-08, 06:10 AM
I ask myself this questions sometimes too.

I am happy, I have a great family, a carrer a beautiful house, everyone is healthy. But stuff happens, day to day stuff. On those days its hard to remember the good.

Illusional
10-04-08, 11:12 AM
Grow some balls and refuse one.

so let's make a deal. if i stay sober today, then will you have a drink with me tomorrow?? it's all about balance.

raverboy

Junket
10-04-08, 11:14 AM
so let's make a deal. if i stay sober today, then will you have a drink with me tomorrow?? it's all about balance.

raverboy

There's no more Corona in the fridge.

I'll let you know when there's alcohol in the house, and I'll hold you to that.

Illusional
10-04-08, 11:15 AM
There's no more Corona in the fridge.

I'll let you know when there's alcohol in the house, and I'll hold you to that.

well considering that i drank the past two nights, staying sober tonight will be a breeze.

raverboy

DoesntMatter
10-04-08, 11:15 AM
I want to have an LF party.....

Kiechi
10-04-08, 11:58 AM
If LTSkater boy comes.

Illusional
10-04-08, 01:21 PM
I want to have an LF party.....

the only type that we can have is the online parties. i should bring back my thread come to think of it.

raverboy

misombra
10-04-08, 09:29 PM
i was drinking really good champagne yesterday. it tasted like raspberries.

Sweeney
11-04-08, 12:58 AM
I'm very aware I should be happy with all I have.

I'm not really happy at the moment though, all I want is going home... If only I wasn't so stubborn to refuse to give up so easily..

PussyCatDoll
11-04-08, 04:19 AM
i'm happy at the moment.. i usually always have something to moan about, but no. its all good

Gigabitch
11-04-08, 06:45 AM
I'm a lot happier than I used to be, I can tell you that much.

Mish
11-04-08, 08:29 AM
I'm happy when things go well, but at the same time I'm happy when things get challenging because these are the times I learn the most from direct experience.

cheeze_guy
11-04-08, 08:41 AM
I am a crazy happy and optamistique maybe thats why all the bitches love meeeeee.....

Kiechi
11-04-08, 09:06 AM
I'd be happier if I did more doing and less thinking.