PDA

View Full Version : Small Guide to Being Attractive

Maxx2008
09-04-08, 01:53 AM
-snippety snip snip-

Gigabitch
09-04-08, 03:38 AM
Use cologne. But not too much. It really helps if you have some sweating problems. Sweat is a turnoff, especially if you're a girl. I know some fairly good looking girls who don't always smell very nice. Big turnoff.

If you wear glasses you might consider darkening them to make them look like sunglasses. My sunglasses are actually seeing glasses but I don't always wear them because I haven't got severe vision problems.

Oh, my God. These made me laugh. I was just talking to a friend this morning about this guy who had a massive crush on me in high school and beyond and why I never gave him a chance, since he wasn't horribly ugly or anything. My reasons were these:

1) He had tinted glasses and I thought they made him look like a pedophile (yes- my exact choice of words).

2) He wore cologne, and that was a big turn-off. I find cologne to be really vile, no matter how small an amount you use.

3) He didn't have the cojones to talk to me himself and got his sister, who was a friend of mine, to talk to me for him.

You're hitting two out of three, there, Hoss. Your name wouldn't happen to be Scott, would it?

Maxx2008
09-04-08, 04:03 AM
Ha ha, I didn't really mean tinted glasses though. Mine aren't tinted. They are real sunglasses. I agree the tinted ones look dumb. I just wrote that in a hurry and didn't express myself correctly. English not being my native language didn't help either. :p So yeah what I meant was getting sunglasses which correct your vision. But I find it annoying when people wear them inside buildings or at night.

I only thought cologne could get annoying if used too much. I use a very small unnoticeable amount, but there are people out there who need to use plenty of it, even if they shower twice a day. I'd rather smell cologne than sweat.

Getting someone to hook you up with a girl is a big no-no. What did you say to his sister?

vashti
09-04-08, 04:16 AM
I kind of like the mandolin in this video.

YouTube - Official Dance Tonight Video

Gigabitch
09-04-08, 04:24 AM
Getting someone to hook you up with a girl is a big no-no. What did you say to his sister?

I said, "I'd rather date you." After the initial moment of "Jeeze, is Giga actually a lesbian?", she got the point and went over to tell him he had blown it.

I have prescription sunglasses too because they're super fabulous.

I'd like to add something to the list: be nice. Really. It's hugely attractive. Chicks dig it.

Maxx2008
09-04-08, 05:04 AM
Yes, being nice is important. I was just concentrating more on your appearance.

Junket
09-04-08, 05:09 AM
Shave every day?

Hell no!

My girlfriend jumps my bones with I got a good 5 o'clock goin' on that fade into my side burns.

You are a teenager for sure, everything you've described makes you sound smarmy.

Lozenger
09-04-08, 05:44 AM
I only thought cologne could get annoying if used too much. I use a very small unnoticeable amount, but there are people out there who need to use plenty of it, even if they shower twice a day. I'd rather smell cologne than sweat.

If you use a very small unnoticeable amount, what's the point of even putting it on? hehe! :D

Girls where I live, England, go mad for lynx and diesel! :)

Junket
09-04-08, 05:55 AM
Girls where I live, England, go mad for lynx and diesel! :)

What's that mean?

Lozenger
09-04-08, 06:24 AM
What's that mean?

That we prefer those deodrants instead of cologne :)

Junket
09-04-08, 09:36 AM
That we prefer those deodrants instead of cologne :)

Oh.

We got shit like that called "Axe" and "Tag".

I preferred Old Spice but after years of using it, I developed a reaction to it and it started to burn.

Anyway, those deodorants might as well be a cologne they're so strong. A lot of young kids over do it.

anachronistic
09-04-08, 10:24 AM
Hm, I think that's about it. I always follow these tips. Combined with my natural good looks, the results are astonishing. When I enter college all the girls look at me. Happens pretty much anywhere else too: on the street, in a bus, etc. Girls flirt with me everyday and I can basically ask any girl out and she'll most likely say yes if she's not already taken.

Don't be such a tool; that's unattractive.

Also, your opening sentence is about how looks are only a small part of attractiveness... and then you go and describe how to look good! What the hell?

lastwish
09-04-08, 10:39 AM
When I enter college all the girls look at me. Happens pretty much anywhere else too: on the street, in a bus, etc. Girls flirt with me everyday and I can basically ask any girl out and she'll most likely say yes if she's not already taken.

Arrogance is not a very attractive trait either.

Junket
09-04-08, 11:43 AM
Let's break this guy down.

I enjoy that kind of thing.

1averagejoe
09-04-08, 01:45 PM
We got shit like that called "Axe" and "Tag".

I preferred Old Spice but after years of using it, I developed a reaction to it and it started to burn.

Anyway, those deodorants might as well be a cologne they're so strong. A lot of young kids over do it.
I hate tag and axe...people just overuse it and it reminds me of the locker room in highschool that smelled like ass. I use cologne every now and then, just not a lot. No more than two sprays. I like my polo blue, not overpowering and clean smelling.

As for old spice, I used to use it and I liked the scents as well. But I'm a heavy sweater and it really wasn't cutting it. Mitchum is the only stuff I can use now plus it's the strongest antiperspirant I can find that isn't a prescription, and even still I sweat a bit with it.

Oh ya, and any type of makeup or cover up is just going to make acne worse for you. So I recommend against it. Also a bit weird for a guy to be using powder.

You also said use cologne if you have a sweating problem. What is collogne going to do for your sweating? Mask your stench? And I'm a bit curious as to the "natural good looks." Post a pic and let us decide.

Maxx2008
09-04-08, 02:09 PM
Let's break this guy down.

I enjoy that kind of thing.

Be my guest.

miSSleepy
09-04-08, 04:36 PM
my god this post is dumb...

Haircuts can also be quite important. I have a simple haircut but I use gel to make my hair look better. Your face is also very important, keep it clean from any acne and stuff like that. For example, twice a day I use some tonic on my face that prevents acne, and then apply cream onto it. I'm still a teenager, and 85% of teenagers suffer from acne. I have some mild acne here and there, not really noticeable, but I still use these products. Oh and I use powder to cover up any visible acne. If you're a guy you may find it funny that I use makeup, however it helps. I'll post the results at the end of this post.

I hate gel and it does not make you look better.
If you can get rid of your acne, well done, but not everyone can. As for the powder ... dude ...

Also if you're a guy, shave every day. Otherwise you might look like a pedophile. Seriously, shaving really helps. If you have a monobrow shave that too, or pluck it or whatever. It's freaking annoying. When I see someone with a monobrow I instantly know that I will never be able to relate to him and he won't ever be my friend.

A bi of stubble can be attractive. It does not make you look like a paedo.

Use cologne. But not too much. It really helps if you have some sweating problems. Sweat is a turnoff, especially if you're a girl. I know some fairly good looking girls who don't always smell very nice. Big turnoff.

Um, cologne is NOT deoderant. Try using some deoderant if you're worried about sweat.

If you wear glasses you might consider darkening them to make them look like sunglasses. My sunglasses are actually seeing glasses but I don't always wear them because I haven't got severe vision problems.

That's just... what?
Darken you glasses?
Shut up.

Hm, I think that's about it. I always follow these tips. Combined with my natural good looks, the results are astonishing. When I enter college all the girls look at me. Happens pretty much anywhere else too: on the street, in a bus, etc. Girls flirt with me everyday and I can basically ask any girl out and she'll most likely say yes if she's not already taken.

Good luck, there are lots of people out there who could easily look much better than they already do. I hope this will help some of you out and that I haven't wasted time sitting in front of my computer like an idiot typing this out.

Oh you do sound like an idiot, don't worry.

vashti
09-04-08, 09:09 PM
Geez, some of you guys are brutal. He's just a kid.

Tedel
10-04-08, 12:31 AM
"I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul"
—Savage Garden

Enough said.

Maxx2008
10-04-08, 12:52 AM
Just let the thread die then. I agree I didn't express myself correctly and that I may still be "just a kid". But if you think I am as arrogant in real life as I am on the Internet you obviously take this Internet thing way too serious. Never EVER judge someone by the way they are on the Internet. I know some people who act like complete idiots on the Internet and are quite intelligent in real life.

Also I'm snipping the OP and let the thread die already.

anachronistic
10-04-08, 01:30 AM
Just let the thread die then. I agree I didn't express myself correctly and that I may still be "just a kid". But if you think I am as arrogant in real life as I am on the Internet you obviously take this Internet thing way too serious. Never EVER judge someone by the way they are on the Internet. I know some people who act like complete idiots on the Internet and are quite intelligent in real life.

Also I'm snipping the OP and let the thread die already.

How about you take responsibility and stand behind your work, even though people are ragging you? I think it would be more foolish of you to be offended by something that someone on the Internet said, rather than someone judging you on your e-appearance.

boobaa
10-04-08, 01:38 AM
Everyone wants to be special. This guy wears his 70's jacket just to get the ladies? But dude, 70's and 80's are out of fashion already and there are too many jerks like that... Don't you want to be something more????

But okok, I let the thread die after my post, I promise! Its not nice to pick on someone like that, whats the point?

Gigabitch
10-04-08, 03:15 AM
Shave every day?

Hell no!

My girlfriend jumps my bones with I got a good 5 o'clock goin' on that fade into my side burns.

+1. I'll bet you look good when you get a little rough around the edges, Fras.

vashti
10-04-08, 04:02 AM
Everyone wants to be special. This guy wears his 70's jacket just to get the ladies? But dude, 70's and 80's are out of fashion already and there are too many jerks like that... Don't you want to be something more????

Lots of boys in California are wearing jackets over slim fit T-shirts. They look great. Say goodbye to the sagging jeans and band T-shirts!! YAY!!

Hey Maxx, I agree that people should look their best, and if whatever you are doing is working for you, keep it up.

Junket
10-04-08, 05:03 AM
Vash is never mean to people, that's why she has so many rep/thank you points.

vashti
10-04-08, 05:51 AM
Bah! I'm never mean to kids (at least, not intentionally).

anachronistic
10-04-08, 02:39 PM
Bah! I'm never mean to kids (at least, not intentionally).

Yeah right, we all know you roundhouse kick children on Halloween. I call bullshit.

Anyway, I think this little guide allowed for another step towards discovering what attraction and beauty are all about. Too bad the original poster had to wuss it up. Disappointing.

Gigabitch
11-04-08, 02:24 AM
I find him strangely attractive.

Kromat
15-04-08, 10:10 AM
I use deodorants mainly, and I like the
smell of Speed Stick :D
What about gelling your hair? I do it from time
to time, but only on special occasions or when
I want to look presentable, but not everyday,
maybe once or twice a week for me.

Stuff about me, and what not to do :
- I don't have an ego like everything might
be thinking, I don't say that I'm the best
out of anyone, everyone has their own
personalities, and try what works for
them, and this is what I am like.
- I'm a nice guy, :D,
- I don't mention I'm decent looking, I just try my best.
- I don't say to a girl that they are good looking,
I know inside that they are, and so do they,
but I mention something about their attire
or their hairstyle, etc. instead.
- I'm starting to exercise to get more
energy & gain some confidence.
- I don't overuse Cologne
- I'm not Arrogant, I just let them decide for them-
selves how they trust me and we'll go from there.
- I might shave twice a week until it's easy to use a
razor, I don't mind the rough look, if it's minimum.
- If you get your sister to ask for you who you
want to date, maybe she should date her :D.
* I would have the balls to talk to them myself. *
- Date like Friends, and then turn it into a relationship
when your ready and comfortable with each other.
- Speaking about your emotions and
what interests they might enjoy.
- Hang around their friends, they'll get to see,
If you change your persona, or act the same
way to everyone.
- Don't lie, I don't see the use in even
trying to think of something that isn't you,
do you know how bad she'll feel when she
finds out, at least If you tell the truth, If
you break up for some reason, it'll be
genuine and a lot easier to handle.
- Don't meet each others parents until you
have a connection and that it will last some time,
or else they'll get the wrong idea and also think,
what happened to that girl you were dating?

P.S. I would think of others, but I'm running
out of time for the night, but you get an
idea of where I'm heading.