PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of Fish

Kromat
06-06-08, 08:13 PM
Plentyoffish is now the largest online dating site in the world, and it's still run out of my
apartment. We are 100% Free and have the highest quality members of any dating site.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/

100% Free. Put Away Your Credit Card.

What do you guys think of this site?

I've been for about a week maybe, just to see what It's like and have got my profile read, but nothing really got returned.

Check my profile and see what I need to improve.
Kromat :
http://www.plentyoffish.com/member7846075.htm

P.S. Just trying to see, If any feedback is given, because not much luck so far.
I'm pretty busy with my real estate course, so I'm not too worried.

Kiechi
06-06-08, 09:04 PM
"Must not do drugs"

WTFUX?!?!

vashti
06-06-08, 09:09 PM
I would not have included the shirtless photos. They aren't necessary, and the main photo of you is very nice.

As for your profile - you sound very serious. Is that what you are hoping to project?

lastwish
07-06-08, 12:13 AM
Pretty good! But that last part about not looking for intimate encounter...errr...so...you don't like intimacy?

And ya...Vash is right. I don't think you should include the shirtless pics so soon.

davidsbabygirl
07-06-08, 12:25 AM
The man i have been with for the past 2 years met of of plenty of fish. We have had an amazing relationship! THANK YOU PLENTY OF FISH!

To0C0oL
07-06-08, 01:24 AM
Eh, I've never done anything like this, so lets give it a shot.. I'll post my profile in a second..

Edit: http://www.plentyoffish.com/member7912494.htm

vashti
07-06-08, 02:07 AM
It seems a little unclear as to what you are wanting out of a woman... you say no long-term relationships, and also say no romantic encounters. relationships between men and women are usually one or the other. Are you only looking for a friend? Although, you said "no" to activity partners, too.

To0C0oL
07-06-08, 02:19 AM
It seems a little unclear as to what you are wanting out of a woman... you say no long-term relationships, and also say no romantic encounters. relationships between men and women are usually one or the other. Are you only looking for a friend? Although, you said "no" to activity partners, too.
I guessI have to go back and edit some, because I really didn't say "no" to anything.. ha

Edit: so I'm editing right now, see where I ****ed up..

What exactly is the definition of "other relationship"? Like a random **** buddy? haha

Kromat
07-06-08, 03:06 AM
I'll change it a little and see how it goes.

To0C0oL
07-06-08, 12:54 PM
As I browse this, a lot of these seem fake..

vashti
07-06-08, 02:00 PM
Eh, I've never done anything like this, so lets give it a shot.. I'll post my profile in a second..

Edit: http://www.plentyoffish.com/member7912494.htm

I'm a big sports fan, my favorites being Baseball (Red Sox) Football (Cowboys) and NASCAR (Kyle Petty/ Tony Stewart)..
Must not do drugs

The only way you'd get me to a NASCAR event is if I were on drugs. :D

Junket
07-06-08, 10:42 PM
I would not have included the shirtless photos. They aren't necessary, and the main photo of you is very nice.

As for your profile - you sound very serious. Is that what you are hoping to project?

I was going to say the same thing, it almost seems like you're presenting a business contract.

Get some toothy smiles in there too, you look like a stiff.

To0C0oL
07-06-08, 11:04 PM
The only way you'd get me to a NASCAR event is if I were on drugs. :D

lol.. To each their own.. Ive been around it all my life and love it..

And its amazing what a picture will do for you.. Yesterday I had a different 1 up for rating and it was voted on and got an average of like 2.5 between 7 people.. lol..

I swapped it last night, now I have 5 people voted, for an average of 8.. haha

Edit: So what exactly is a good "introduction" line to message someone with..? Same as if I were walking up to someone at a club/bar/wtfever?

vashti
07-06-08, 11:39 PM
Kromat - your profile looks better than before. I might emphasize the dancing a little more... it is a relatively unusual aspect of your personality, and definitely a plus.

TooCool - what picture did you have up before? Personally, I like the one where you are rubbing your eyes. It shows some personality. I'm not good at making up introduction lines... that is boy-work. I am much more skilled at the blow-off lines. :D Anyway, I think the normal "hello" is usually sufficient if a woman is even remotely interested.

misombra
08-06-08, 04:29 AM
how cute matt!

bluesummer
08-06-08, 05:36 AM
I met a few guys on there, they were all weird. Those free sites tend to bring out the cheap weirdos.

I met my bf on Lavalife. You have to pay to be on that one, so the people on there tend to be better quality.

Pears
08-06-08, 06:29 AM
Very nice picture.

Kromat
08-06-08, 08:58 AM
I usually have a hard talking about myself not serious, i'm not trying to be , but it happens...
Ah! I did it again, make it stop :(

I can be funny, serious, or a weirdo, or any other quality seem fit, i try to make myself stand out by trying different things.

lastwish
08-06-08, 09:03 AM
hahah...don't try to force yourself into another personality. You'll find a girl that will appreciate your seriousness.

Kromat
08-06-08, 12:30 PM
I'm a funny guy tho, it seems like i'm a serious guy because they treat these things like an interview.
In person i have quite the sense of humor.
It's hard to be funny when your trying to tell someone about yourself.
I need a face or a conversation to comment on for that side of me to come out.

Everyone thinks i'm no fun?
I can dance, listen, try new things, camp out.

I'm just focused on my real estate, so just trying to take things as they come.

I guess these dating sites aren't for me atm, i work better with actual physical interaction anyways.

vashti
08-06-08, 12:33 PM
If you feel the ad is representative of you, then there is nothing wrong with being serious. Not everyone is interested in dating the life of the party.

To0C0oL
09-06-08, 12:36 AM
I guess these dating sites aren't for me atm, i work better with actual physical interaction anyways.

You aint shittin.. You cant read sarcasm, you cant read body language, etc..

To0C0oL
21-06-08, 11:38 PM
This is rediculous.. Its gotta be my intro line or something, or every single 1 of these people are fake..

I was ****ing around yesterday cause I was bored as shit at work and sent out 32 messages, the same mesage, but I added something unique regaurding their profile so they would know that I actually read it..

32 messages

17 - Read/Deleted
10 - Read
5 - unread

Not a single reply.. And my profile/picture has a rating of 7.7, so its not like I'm not getting viewed.. WTF

misombra
22-06-08, 12:02 AM
that website is shitty. go with the one bsummer was talking about...

shh!
22-06-08, 12:28 AM
TooCool - Most of the people who are rating you appear to be older women. Is that who you are sending your messages to?

misombra
22-06-08, 12:32 AM
i'd give you a 10, matt.

Kromat
22-06-08, 08:10 AM
10 is a little high to live up to, don't want to make others jealous :D

To0C0oL
25-06-08, 09:27 AM
So I def. dont think this online chatting/dating/introducing shit is my forte..

I cant get a response from anyone to save my life..

At least when I recieved a message from someone I wasnt interested in, I told them so.. ha

I'ma try this www.lavalife.com.. See how that works..

But honestly, if ANYONE has some advice for my profile, feel free to say it.. Am I giving too much info? Not enough? Is something that I have wrote scaring people away..?

Kromat
25-06-08, 11:17 AM
or u could meet people in real life, hmmm?

anachronistic
25-06-08, 11:54 AM
TooCool - Most of the people who are rating you appear to be older women. Is that who you are sending your messages to?

lol grannies?

Kromat
25-06-08, 12:13 PM
You need to be specific, you can't say, anyone with experience.

To0C0oL
26-06-08, 02:34 AM
or u could meet people in real life, hmmm?

I attract nothing but whores..

so we are trying something new..

someonelse
26-06-08, 07:27 AM
I did POF a while back. Made some good friends I still keep in touch with and met some bad ones I left behind.