PDA

View Full Version : Over 30 forum?

Primo
17-10-09, 10:52 PM
Maybe a board for people who've actually lived a little and went through some of the stuff other people just wonder about would be good to seperate from the high school, freshman year at college type stuff?

Hard to tell how old people are on here and maybe someone who's 40 with kids and an ex shouldn't have to sift through advice, even though well intended, from someone who's living in their parents basement or in a dorm room.

loveadmin
18-10-09, 11:03 AM
Hello Primo,

Very good suggestion.

ecojeanne
18-10-09, 11:07 AM
lovead are u good lookin?

IndiReloaded
18-10-09, 12:11 PM
We could just have a subsection of the forum, I guess. Personally, I'd like the cutoff to be more like 35-40, tho. A lot of just-30s barely have their lives going.

loudrims_inc
18-10-09, 12:34 PM
im 25, so i wont make the cut? :-/

Aeradalia
18-10-09, 12:51 PM
Pity we can't base this on experience... as that seems to matter more.

The 40 year old virgins aren't a myth y'know. Age is not a guarantee of wisdom.

Not all "youngins" are clueless or without valid experiences either.

IndiReloaded
18-10-09, 01:40 PM
True. But there aren't many 25 year olds with decades of marriage, child-rearing or career experience either. Or death of a loved one (grandparents don't usually count) or dealing with severe illness. Those kinds of experiences profoundly change one's perceptions of life and aren't usually found in someone that young.

Its like those posters giving advice on marriage or child-rearing but are neither married nor parents. LOL.

I agree w/Primo. Posters should at least have the option of selecting for a subset of replies, like the 'Ask a Male/Female' sections. And like those sections, there's no Forum Police to keep anyone out if they really want to contribute. But its a way of getting more relevant responses. I notice tho, that female regulars posting in the 'Ask a Male' section usually state they are not male.

Primo
18-10-09, 09:42 PM
You're right Aeradalia, but it's very rare. No one's "done it all", but if there's something I haven't experienced, been tested by or learned from, I'm not sure what it is. I generally like to help others, it's very therapeutic for me, but when I do look for advice I wouldn't mind knowing that it's coming from someone who's been around the block more than a few times themselves.

No offense to anyone, hey, we were all young, experiencing things and learning once upon a time too. Having that life knowledge is about the only good thing about getting older I guess :-P

doppelgaenger
19-10-09, 04:25 AM
I think that would be a foolish mistake. People in general usually respond to threads where they qualify with experience. If a college freshie or a high school student posts in your thread, in most cases you would be able to recognize it right away.

I think it's easier to weed through the garbage than it is to get members to post in a subforum/new forum section. You'd be eliminating the chance of quite a bit of noteworthy advice.

If you can't tell whether or not the person's been around the block a few times use your judgment to determine the validity of his or her advice. Besides, you'll rarely take only one member's advice into consideration. So what are a couple of derailing high school text speak responses to ya? Are they really that bothersome? I mean, there really isn't even a way, not even age, to measure experience. Besides, everybody has their own personal bias.

IndiReloaded
19-10-09, 05:03 AM
LOL. Its hardly a 'foolish mistake'. More like an experiment.

This kind of what it meant about the age difference, I think. Only the people under 30 are complaining, btw.

I would have no problems if you young ones also wanted an 'under 30' subforum. People your own age to relate to. Tho, you are right Dopple, in those dating/clubbing threads I tend to just not post b/c I often don't feel I relate enough to contribute.

Illusional
19-10-09, 06:15 AM
look at me.. i'm 29 and i think that i've experiences enough....

anyhow, if you want a serious conversation... then i'm not the one to talk to... unless it's in a pm.

raverboy

Primo
19-10-09, 07:35 AM
Don't be such a stick in the mud doppelgaenger, maybe us "older" folk just want to be exclusive :-D

loveadmin
19-10-09, 09:39 AM
lovead are u good lookin?

what a question. :D lol.

I think that would be a foolish mistake. People in general usually respond to threads where they qualify with experience. If a college freshie or a high school student posts in your thread, in most cases you would be able to recognize it right away.

I think it's easier to weed through the garbage than it is to get members to post in a subforum/new forum section. You'd be eliminating the chance of quite a bit of noteworthy advice.

If you can't tell whether or not the person's been around the block a few times use your judgment to determine the validity of his or her advice. Besides, you'll rarely take only one member's advice into consideration. So what are a couple of derailing high school text speak responses to ya? Are they really that bothersome? I mean, there really isn't even a way, not even age, to measure experience. Besides, everybody has their own personal bias.

There is a point... the same problem i think of when i want to create individual country based forum..

Don't be such a stick in the mud doppelgaenger, maybe us "older" folk just want to be exclusive :-D

yes, it will be good to have some 'exclusive' section for older folk to chill out..

Aeradalia
19-10-09, 09:59 AM
I was not complaining... merely pointing out how age can be separate of experience.

It wouldn't be wise to linger with my own "age group" specifically, as they generally do not show significant interest in acquiring more experiences or knowledge than they feel is appropriate for their age. I on the other hand, have come to rely on the older generations to give me clues to what will be coming my way so I may prepare for it. It has proved to be a useful strategy and I'm not keen on relinquishing that quite so easily.

I also like to test out my "theories" while posting here, knowing that the more experienced ones will gladly point out the flaws and give enough clues for me to figure out why such theories are wrong. On rare occasions, I have pointed out flaws in even the more experienced bunch which may not have been possible if I had been summarily dismissed.

I suspect there would be impedements to the sharing of knowledge on this forum if there are distinctions made based on age alone, rather than level of experience.

If it's the level of experience that is needed to be divulged in order to give merit to the advice being given.... all you have to do is ask. I'll be more than happy to not only share my list of personal experiences but also the advice and observations of others that have helped to influence my perspective on life, love, and all else that matters.

misombra
19-10-09, 10:00 AM
i don't really care. that forum would probably be just as boring as the other exclusive forums. except when a member announces they're knocked up, of course.

CocoChanel
19-10-09, 10:04 AM
Who deleted my post?!

ecojeanne
19-10-09, 10:11 AM
^^lol!

Aeradalia
19-10-09, 10:13 AM
Who deleted my post?!

Isn't censorship grand?

IndiReloaded
19-10-09, 10:49 AM
Did anyone complain this much about the Ask a Male/Female sections?

Aeradalia
19-10-09, 10:51 AM
Did anyone complain this much about the Ask a Male/Female sections?

Nope... cause we generally ignore the gender specifications and post anyway. ;)

IndiReloaded
19-10-09, 11:20 AM
Posters should at least have the option of selecting for a subset of replies, like the 'Ask a Male/Female' sections. And like those sections, there's no Forum Police to keep anyone out if they really want to contribute.

Nope... cause we generally ignore the gender specifications and post anyway. ;)

Exactly. :surprised

qwertz
19-10-09, 08:56 PM
i prefer receiving advice from 'older' members..or at least i think they are. I just think that they seem to give more realistic advice as they have lived.
Im 22 so would be excluded..personally i think the way to go would be a selection option to only show replies from those either under or over a certain age...or maybe the amount of posts they have made?
Its not the case that just cause your older you have lived more and have better advice to give (although, decent advice does seem to come from the older members)
I consider myself to be a lot older in mind than i actually am, mainly as i had to grow up pretty quick :P

Gigabitch
19-10-09, 11:21 PM
There are SO many posters here under 30 that give great advice. MVPlaya, Gribble, Fras, Aera, just to name a very few.

What are we gonna do- add an "Ask a Geezer" forum?

misombra
19-10-09, 11:24 PM
ask los viejos.

examples of questions:

the benefits of driving really slow in the fast lane.
dying your hair blue, tips and tools.
wrinkle cream advice.
panties that help keep your ass from looking saggy.

Gigabitch
19-10-09, 11:54 PM
wrinkle cream advice.

http://www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/34343-skin-care.html

qwertz
20-10-09, 06:14 AM
There are SO many posters here under 30 that give great advice. MVPlaya, Gribble, Fras, Aera, just to name a very few.

lol i thought they were at least over 30

no offence guys :P

Primo
20-10-09, 06:22 AM
i don't really care. that forum would probably be just as boring as the other exclusive forums.

If they add it, maybe you can post on it 'n make it exciting :-)

Primo
20-10-09, 06:33 AM

There are definitely lots of knowledgable 20 something's on here GB.

I just think of threads from people who stumble onto this forum with their life invested in someone, 10-15-20 years, financially tied up with a partner or they have children together and here they are looking for some guidance.

Not sure the kid posting from his dorm room or parents basement, no matter how bright they are can give any advice of relevance, yet they'll post "move on" or something similar without batting an eyelash. Those of us who have that life experience know it's not that easy.

To be honest, after I got used to the forum layout I've never opened the female advice page. I respect what the OP is looking for and there are lots of smart chickas on here to take care of it. If the thread moves towards a more general or male sided discussion a Mod can move it and then the rest of us can help.

That was my thought process on the over-30 sub-forum anyway. Everyone carry-on with the geezer bashing ! :-D

Gigabitch
20-10-09, 06:42 AM
I don't know if decades of life experience necessarily qualifies someone as wise. I've seen some dumbass people post some really shocking things on here- remember that guy a couple of weeks ago that wanted to know if we thought it was okay for him to get with his ex-wife's adopted daughter? He had basically been her dad when she was little, and now he wants to pork her. That dude was sixty two.

doppelgaenger
20-10-09, 06:47 AM
I'm only down for it if LA names it "Ask an old Geezer"

And it should be below "Ask a female"

And below that should be "Ask an emotionally challenged teenager"

Between the two, they should put a forum that says "No man's land"

Primo
20-10-09, 07:02 AM
Sounds like a plan to me..

IndiReloaded
20-10-09, 08:21 AM
Giga raised the Ask a Geezer idea.

Seconded by Dopple (I agree).

All in favour? LOL.

Mish
20-10-09, 09:00 AM
I don't know if decades of life experience necessarily qualifies someone as wise. I've seen some dumbass people post some really shocking things on here- remember that guy a couple of weeks ago that wanted to know if we thought it was okay for him to get with his ex-wife's adopted daughter? He had basically been her dad when she was little, and now he wants to pork her. That dude was sixty two.

Maybe this guy was his role model

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070824/allen_l.jpg

Anyway, over 30s forum probably wouldn't work. The younger members would rebel and post there out of principal.

CocoChanel
20-10-09, 11:11 AM
Damn right we will!
You older people are mean to the younger ones. :(

Chupacabras
20-10-09, 12:10 PM
That's because the young ones say some ridiculous shit and don't listen.

Aeradalia
20-10-09, 01:32 PM
I'm all ears Chupa and eager to learn...

IndiReloaded
20-10-09, 01:36 PM
Gen Me kids... :P

Boss comes in one day and says to four of his employees: "I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to let one of you go."

Black Employee: "I'm a protected minority."

Female Employee: "And I'm a woman."

Oldest Employee: "Fire me, buster, and I'll hit you with an age discrimination suit so fast it'll make your head spin."

...To which they all turn to look at the helpless young, white, male employee, who thinks a moment, then responds: "I think I might be gay..."

Chupacabras
20-10-09, 02:06 PM
You seem to have a head on your shoulders, Aeradalia so probably don't need stern correction. My expertise lies in correcting princess complexes, friendzone issues, 30's dating, wishful thinking romance and partytime. If you need help with that stuff, just let me know.

Why the hell these kids don't understand the notion of "volume", I'll never know.

Illusional
20-10-09, 02:31 PM
with the "male" and "female" section already being overrun with the opposite sexes, do you really think that a "only over 30" section would be any different?

raverboy

BoredGeorge
20-10-09, 04:08 PM
Shouldn't you be married by 30 ?

Kidding, I think it is a terrible idea to have a 30 and over forum as many 30 year old men will be still trying to bang 25 year old women.

BoredGeorge
20-10-09, 06:58 PM
Damn right we will!
You older people are mean to the younger ones. :(

They try to turn us into slaves...

They rape them women. Old people are bad. They are the enemy.

Primo
20-10-09, 10:11 PM
with the "male" and "female" section already being overrun with the opposite sexes, do you really think that a "only over 30" section would be any different?

raverboy

It seems like alot of people register here to address their specific problem and have no intention of sticking around, so I think an over 30 forum might help be a guide for the advice some particular people are looking for.

I came here to (hopefully) help others, even if I can help just one person it will mean alot to me. That being said, only posting here about 2-3 weeks I know the members who have life experience and who don't, but the person only coming here to talk about their problem doesn't have the luxury of figuring everyone out.

For the regulars of course it's a waste of time, I thought they'd kind of realize that instead of complain about it :-P

Primo
20-10-09, 10:20 PM
Kidding, I think it is a terrible idea to have a 30 and over forum as many 30 year old men will be still trying to bang 25 year old women.

George, are you kidding with this one too? If you bring something to the table, being over 30 and single can be absolute heaven from a sex partner perspective. It'll give you something to look forward to :-)

Gigabitch
21-10-09, 12:40 AM
For the regulars of course it's a waste of time, I thought they'd kind of realize that instead of complain about it :-P

Yeah, well you're new. You don't understand yet that we complain about effing everything, no exceptions.

IndiReloaded
21-10-09, 02:07 AM
Primo, logic has absolutely no place on this forum. ;)

Illusional
21-10-09, 11:34 AM
when you are 30, you should be having sex with dumb 18 year olds...

*snickers*

raverboy

CocoChanel
21-10-09, 05:02 PM
Just make an Over 30's group and have a nice day.

BoredGeorge
21-10-09, 06:20 PM
George, are you kidding with this one too? If you bring something to the table, being over 30 and single can be absolute heaven from a sex partner perspective. It'll give you something to look forward to :-)

30 old woman is crusty, ovaries all dried up, good for 35 - 40 year old man, not 25 I want fresh bloody ovaries not dried up ones.

Chupacabras
21-10-09, 10:52 PM
30 old woman is crusty, ovaries all dried up, good for 35 - 40 year old man, not 25 I want fresh bloody ovaries not dried up ones.You couldn't get a woman if you had a 100 dollar bill sticking out of your zipper, wouldn't be so judgmental if I were you.

Gribble
23-10-09, 12:51 PM
Frankly I know so many people 30 and up who are immature, insecure, misguided, moronic or otherwise inept, that I outright ignore age. People are sensible or they aren't. Whether a person is 20 or 60 doesn't make much difference. Limiting a forum to people 30+ is pointless, particularly considering how many of us simply hit the new post button and start responding without even checking to which forum the post belongs. And believe you me, even if the 30+ forum were respected you'd still get stupid posts.

Here's an idea: A forum in which anyone may start a topic, but only a select few may respond. You got a sensitive issue to discuss? You want real advice and not just a bunch of random teeny-boppers spouting incoherent gibberish that only vaguely resembles English? A panel of our most sagacious posters--selected not by age but by merit--will be there to provide said advice without distraction or clutter.

That might be a worthwhile addition.

IndiReloaded
23-10-09, 12:53 PM
Grib, are you sure LA hasn't logged in & is using your account? ;)

Sanctuary
24-10-09, 05:08 AM
Lol I like how George is somewhat of a cross between the local village idiot and the court jester and he randomly comes in to give his 2 cents and it's always the most absurd thing you've ever heard - usually hilarious though.

Sanctuary
24-10-09, 05:13 AM
Here's an idea: A forum in which anyone may start a topic, but only a select few may respond. You got a sensitive issue to discuss? You want real advice and not just a bunch of random teeny-boppers spouting incoherent gibberish that only vaguely resembles English? A panel of our most sagacious posters--selected not by age but by merit--will be there to provide said advice without distraction or clutter.

That might be a worthwhile addition.

I think Gribble's onto something here. You can give 'approved advice giver' status to certain members either via meritorious promotion by the mods or by reaching a certain number of 'thanks'. Sounds like it'll make things a bit elitist though.

BoredGeorge
24-10-09, 05:38 AM
I think Gribble's onto something here. You can give 'approved advice giver' status to certain members either via meritorious promotion by the mods or by reaching a certain number of 'thanks'. Sounds like it'll make things a bit elitist though.

So only the loud mouthed feminist bully group will be able to give advice. Any sembelance of reason will be lost to the forum forever.

Gigabitch
24-10-09, 06:17 AM
You get to post in the "grain of salt" forum, George.

BoredGeorge
24-10-09, 07:04 AM
You get to post in the "grain of salt" forum, George.

Well I'm sorry I don't have the same opinion as everyone.

IndiReloaded
24-10-09, 07:20 AM

We already have this. Its those green bars that we've maxed out.

I only want the 30+ forum to see what kind of response we'd get from the GenMe'rs. If we are discussing an actual separate section, then hell no, that's just work not fun. :D

Gribble
24-10-09, 10:13 AM
"My husband never takes me out anymore. All he does is work, work, work. I met this great guy at the gym. He's so funny and nice. Before bed he texts me good night. He took me to dinner last week. I think I'm falling in love. Should I leave my husband?"

"Do you have children?"

"Three."

"... maybe you should consider their needs first."

"NO! HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE TRY TO DENY ME HAPPINESS!! THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH NOTHING BUT NARROW-MINDED IDIOTS WITH NO LIVES!!!!"

-----------------------------------

"I met this cute girl. We've been seeing each other for a while now. Thing is, I'm 42 and she's 16. Is that okay?"

"No."

"**** YOU, YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TRUE LOVE IS!!"

There's your 30+ forum.

BoredGeorge
24-10-09, 12:48 PM
"My husband never takes me out anymore. All he does is work, work, work. I met this great guy at the gym. He's so funny and nice. Before bed he texts me good night. He took me to dinner last week. I think I'm falling in love. Should I leave my husband?"

"Do you have children?"

"Three."

"... maybe you should consider their needs first."

"NO! HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE TRY TO DENY ME HAPPINESS!! THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH NOTHING BUT NARROW-MINDED IDIOTS WITH NO LIVES!!!!"

-----------------------------------

"I met this cute girl. We've been seeing each other for a while now. Thing is, I'm 42 and she's 16. Is that okay?"

"No."

"**** YOU, YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TRUE LOVE IS!!"

There's your 30+ forum.

Hilarious !

IndiReloaded
24-10-09, 01:13 PM
^ Also true.

CocoChanel
25-10-09, 12:58 AM

So only the loud mouthed feminist bully group will be able to give advice. Any sembelance of reason will be lost to the forum forever.

I actually agree with you George.
If this is happens... all the bullies in this forum will get that status.

Gribble
25-10-09, 01:07 AM
I actually agree with you George.
If this is happens... all the bullies in this forum will get that status.

Shaddap and gimme your milk money, girlie, before I flush yer big dumb head in the toilet.

BoredGeorge
25-10-09, 07:17 AM
Yeah then as soon as you win an argument against the loud mouther feminst bullies they start calling you a troll. Feminists are just as bad as trolls and are a special kind of internet bullies that pick on men with low self esteem who are having issues attracting women. It is like it is their way of getting revenge on the male gender because for whatever reason they hate being female.

CocoChanel
25-10-09, 11:39 AM
Sadly it's not just about you George. They do it to a lot of people in this forum not just poor you.

@Gribble: *Hands Over My Milk Money* ;) Anything else baby?

Illusional
25-10-09, 11:58 AM
^^^ liar, you didn't give him any money.

raverboy

CocoChanel
25-10-09, 01:35 PM
Shut up and keep posting :)

Primo
25-10-09, 09:10 PM
It was just an idea, everybody settle down ! :-D

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 12:15 AM
I wonder what I am going to look like when I am over 30...40... 50... :O

Primo
26-10-09, 12:28 AM
I wonder what I am going to look like when I am over 30...40... 50... :O

For women I think early 20's look fresh and appealing, late 20's through 30's is best, 40's can still be very hot and 50's beautiful/elegant and still lots of sexiness.

Not sure of your ethnicity Coco, but it looks like you have a youthful skin type. If you live a healthy lifestyle you will be at the top end of the hot one's well into your 40's and look 10 years younger than you are.

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 12:51 AM
Ehhhh. Mom is Native American (Kanaka Maoli [which is hawaiian] and Crow Indian)
Dad is Egyptian and Lebanese. Womp.

Primo
26-10-09, 12:53 AM
Ehhhh. Mom is Native American (Kanaka Maoli [which is hawaiian] and Crow Indian)
Dad is Egyptian and Lebanese. Womp.

Well, that sounds like a good recipe to age very, very gracefully :-)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 12:56 AM
Well thank you :)
I do not look forward to getting old though. Haha!
I'm going to be like Nanny Fine.
Be 24 for 10 years.

Primo
26-10-09, 12:57 AM
Well thank you :)
I do not look forward to getting old though. Haha!

I already want you BAD when you're 35, I'm signing up now !!! :-D

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 01:00 AM
LMAO! You make me laugh. That's a good thing!
If you want me when I'm 35... that means I'll be on top of my game by then right?

Primo
26-10-09, 01:08 AM
LMAO! You make me laugh. That's a good thing!
If you want me when I'm 35... that means I'll be on top of my game by then right?

We'll make sure of it ! :-)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 01:11 AM
Aha! Love that kind of talk <3

Aeradalia
26-10-09, 01:47 AM
Get a room or send pictures... sheesh :P

Primo
26-10-09, 02:00 AM
Get a room or send pictures... sheesh :P

It's in 10 years :-P That's alot of pictures in the interim :-)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 02:49 AM
Just check the gallery and observe.
Where is your album Aera?
You should post your art back up.
You are great!

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 03:04 AM
Primo should definitely post a pic, he sounds hot. ;)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 03:18 AM
Doesn't he?!?!?!
Primo I demand pictures now!

Primo
26-10-09, 04:12 AM
Doesn't he?!?!?!
Primo I demand pictures now!

No way I'm posting pictures, too much hate on this board :-D

If you want to see me all you have to do is pm me though and I'll send you a pic or two :-)

Primo
26-10-09, 04:14 AM
Just check the gallery and observe.
Where is your album Aera?
You should post your art back up.
You are great!

That doesn't surprise me that she's very artistic and creative :-)

She should put her work up !

Illusional
26-10-09, 04:19 AM
No way I'm posting pictures, too much hate on this board :-D

If you want to see me all you have to do is pm me though and I'll send you a pic or two :-)

haha hate?? stop talking about me.

raverboy

Primo
26-10-09, 04:25 AM
Where's Indi's pic? :detective :-(

Primo
26-10-09, 04:32 AM
haha hate?? stop talking about me.

raverboy

You weren't a hater I don't think :-) But oh my gosh, Indi's a meanie, PP too :-P

Illusional
26-10-09, 04:42 AM
PP IS a meanie.... well atleast she showed me a naked picture of her...

dammit, i'll have to take back that meanie comment.

raverboy

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 05:04 AM
Ho, Primo, there are the privileged few who have seen my earthly visage. Some even know I am more than electrons on a screen. ;)

Gribble
26-10-09, 05:09 AM
Indi's got her some lovely DSLs...

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 05:20 AM
My optical fibres are nice too. ;)

Primo
26-10-09, 05:47 AM
Ho, Primo, there are the privileged few who have seen my earthly visage. Some even know I am more than electrons on a screen. ;)

Indi's got her some lovely DSLs...

My optical fibres are nice too. ;)

Of course this is all purely speculative at this point :-P

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 06:26 AM
Meh. I could post a pic of anyone & say its me. For all you know, I could be someone else posting right now. There could be 3 of us using this account taking turns to post & seeing what we ping. ;)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 06:31 AM
Indi do I have you added on facebook?
I forgot people's real name so I can't remember everyone I have added.

And Primo... you should do that for me. Asap :)

qwertz
26-10-09, 07:06 AM
glad im not the only one who thinks primo sounds hot :P ...expect a pm lol

Primo
26-10-09, 07:41 AM
Meh. I could post a pic of anyone & say its me. For all you know, I could be someone else posting right now. There could be 3 of us using this account taking turns to post & seeing what we ping. ;)

I think I know someone who did this :-( She was Canadian too Indi ! :detective :-D

Primo
26-10-09, 09:37 AM
glad im not the only one who thinks primo sounds hot :P ...expect a pm lol

OMG, perhaps I better not show any pic, so I can stay sounding hot ! :-)

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 09:44 AM
Indi do I have you added on facebook?

I don't really use FB, Coco... this place is my limit, I'm afraid. ;)

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 09:44 AM
I think I know someone who did this :-( She was Canadian too Indi ! :detective :-D

We like to experiment, us Canadian gals. ;)

Primo
26-10-09, 09:47 AM
We like to experiment, us Canadian gals. ;)

I've experienced the worst in Canadian gals, I'm sure of it. It could only ever be up hill from there :-)

Illusional
26-10-09, 09:58 AM
canada.. that gave it away.

raverboy

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 10:02 AM
Oh okay. I thought you were someone on my list. Just didn't want to put their real name out there. LOL

Aeradalia
26-10-09, 10:20 AM
I'll get an album together as soon as I can Coco.

I have posted pics of myself (yes, that was really me) so I tend to get over the fear. It's easy, most people assume you're lying anyway, so what's the harm?

Primo, all the guys on this forum are hot --- in my imagination ;)
I am gracious enough to give them hot bodies and fifteen inch... uh um..

Primo
26-10-09, 10:35 AM
Primo, all the guys on this forum are hot --- in my imagination ;) I am gracious enough to give them hot bodies and fifteen inch... uh um..

Umm, that sounds good to me :-D

And you should definitely put up an album of your work and of course pics of you are good to. We love to see the artist :-)

CocoChanel
26-10-09, 10:45 AM
Yay!!!
Wait til you see that art.
It's effing amazing!

IndiReloaded
26-10-09, 11:09 AM
Don't take it personal, Coco. Noone here has my FB. Not much point, I never use it.

Cbrider
26-10-09, 01:46 PM
I can understand people wanting a 30 or over forum, but how are you going to determine who's of what age?

I am on the younger end of the spectrum and value an older members opinion as much as someone my age.

Its amazing how a 20 year old analyzes a situation and how a 40 year old analyzes it. Two different opinions, but both are rational and legitimate.

It doesn't really matter to me, because I stay out of topics with kids and divorce for the most part anyway. The last thing I want is a spawn of mine running loose in the world right now to begin with.

MDavis454
27-10-09, 11:41 AM
It makes sense, but this is the only place us young people can get advice from those more experienced.. If there was a section for older people it would leave people like me stuck in the rain. Obviously for the most part older people probably don't care as much about what happens to us but if old/young got seperated, I'd have to rely on others my age for advice. I may not have experience and have been through love, loss, divorce, kids etc., but i feel like i am more grown up than my 18 years would indicate. I try to provide moral support for people and i realize it means less cuz i'm still a kid, but being a part of the "adult" forum is nice..

IndiReloaded
27-10-09, 12:11 PM
canada.. that gave it away.

raverboy

Hey, are you ready to gamble your money away yet? Can't cry poormouth anymore, Raver!

ecojeanne
27-10-09, 12:17 PM

that makes sense.

IndiReloaded
27-10-09, 12:29 PM
Haven't you read Ender's Game, Eco? LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wiggin

ecojeanne
27-10-09, 12:33 PM
nope, i'll have to say i have no idea what enders game is. i'll just go google it now. but you caught my drift ;)

IndiReloaded
27-10-09, 12:35 PM
Oh. Well, Eco you are in for a treat. Its one of the best Sci Fi books you will ever read. Even if you don't typically like SF, Ender's Game is a terrific book. Highly recommended.

Chupacabras
27-10-09, 03:16 PM
Orson Scott Card is to guy dweebs as Stephanie Myers is to tweens.

Both Mormons, which makes it extra funny.

IndiReloaded
28-10-09, 05:12 AM
Are you calling me a guy, a dweeb, or some combination of?

I only like his Ender/Shadow series tho. The other stuff isn't as good.

Chupacabras
28-10-09, 05:41 AM
No, I'm saying a woman that professes her love of the Ender series may as well be wearing Funyun perfume.

Gigabitch
28-10-09, 05:43 AM
Um, I also love the Ender series. Also, George R.R. Martin.

Guess I'd better put on my flannel and go get a very short haircut.

IndiReloaded
28-10-09, 07:17 AM
What's Funyun?

Chupa, are you saying you've never met a beautiful, brainy girl yet? Poor you!

I do admit that the men I meet are sometimes [pleasantly] surprised at my reading tastes, but I've never found it to be a negative in our interactions. Quite the converse, in fact. Not that Ender's Game is exactly high-intellect stuff, but its not Harlequin romance either. :D

I don't suppose I should mention I also like Harry Harrison and Heinlein? :surprised

Chupacabras
28-10-09, 08:59 AM
I date smart girls exclusively; what I'm saying is professing love for certain series of books like Ender, Rama, Diskworld, Ringworld, etc is like Spanish Fly to guys with geeky tendencies.

And if you don't know what Funyuns are, there's no way I can explain 'em to you.

CocoChanel
28-10-09, 09:01 AM
Funyuns are good. I should go buy some.

Gribble
28-10-09, 09:28 AM
George RR Martin is awesome. It doesn't matter if you like fantasy or not, it doesn't matter if it's a genre reserved for the lowliest of parental basement dwelling nerds.

Tyrion alone is worth reading every book in the Song of Ice & Fire series.

IndiReloaded
28-10-09, 11:00 AM
I date smart girls exclusively; what I'm saying is professing love for certain series of books like Ender, Rama, Diskworld, Ringworld, etc is like Spanish Fly to guys with geeky tendencies.

And if you don't know what Funyuns are, there's no way I can explain 'em to you.

Gotcha. Most of those other books fall into the fantasy genre, tho. That is a different mindset. I'm not like that principle gal in '17 again' who was turned on by Elvish.

Tho, I have read some of Discworld. Small Gods was funny when they kept trying to eat the Turtle God Om 'good eating on those'. LOL.

Illusional
28-10-09, 12:59 PM
Hey, are you ready to gamble your money away yet? Can't cry poormouth anymore, Raver!

holy shit... when did you get so much money?? you've been busy ah?

well down for pretty much any game, but let me tell you that the poker here sucks...!!

raverboy

IndiReloaded
28-10-09, 01:32 PM
I get thanked a lot, Raver. ;)

Forget poker. I'll pay for advice on how to deal with someone who has good opinions but makes other team members feel like crap when she tells them what to do.

Why is it always the women that are the problem? Guys are so easy to manage.

Illusional
28-10-09, 04:00 PM
wow, you get extra money for receiving a thanks?? maybe i should start being nicer to people... haha.

raverboy

vashti
28-10-09, 08:01 PM
i don't think so, raver... I just thanked you, and you still have only $22.

bluesummer
29-10-09, 08:07 AM
but i feel like i am more grown up than my 18 years would indicate..

Yeah, so does every teenager and early twenty-something in the world.

Anyways, over-30 thing would never work because younger people would still post anyway. I just stick to the old 'ignoring the posts that the person obviously has no idea what they're commenting on'.

As for the Old Geezers comment....since when does being 30+ equal being a geezer? Shit, I intend to live until I'm 90 so that still makes me pretty early on in life. Besides, you get hotter in your thirties. Everybody I know is hotter now than 10 years ago.

Illusional
29-10-09, 10:07 AM
hey hey... now i'm above the 30 dollar mark thank you very much.

raverboy

Aeradalia
29-10-09, 10:17 AM
Everybody I know is hotter now than 10 years ago.

Everybody I know is either substantially heavier or out of shape compared to how they were 10 years ago. The mid to late twenties have not been kind to childhood friends... and neither has starting families. I'm the only one who hasn't changed much physically.

I fear how they may look in their 30's. (Bear in mind, I am in the south... way out in the sticks).

Illusional
29-10-09, 10:25 AM
^^^ this is why i won't ever stop hitting up the gym and exercising..

f*ck getting fat like the rest of america.

raverboy

Aeradalia
29-10-09, 02:40 PM
Agrees... That's why I've taken to exercising everyday. Plus, I just feel better.

Illusional
29-10-09, 03:15 PM
shit, i just drank 9 beer and i'm still sober.. where the hell are the sexy women of the forum?

raverboy

bluesummer
29-10-09, 04:28 PM
Everybody I know is either substantially heavier or out of shape compared to how they were 10 years ago. The mid to late twenties have not been kind to childhood friends... and neither has starting families.

Yeah, but Texas doesn't count. It has the most cities in the US with the largest proportion of obese people. Also, I recently saw on the news that the men of El Paso had been voted the Ugliest in America. I didn't even realize there were polls like this out there lol!!!

I seem to live around a lot of people obsessed with working out, and organic food, and facial peels.

Aeradalia
29-10-09, 07:15 PM
Even uglier than New Jersey?... I am shocked and apalled. :shocked:

However, I did notice that Dallas' wealthy seem to be on the leaner side. Usually it's the middle class that tends to have the soggy midsection... and to a certain degree some of the more impoverished as junk food is cheaper than health food.

Not once did I see an obese homeless person though. They were all rather lithe, or skeletal in some cases. Guess lack of food and too many drugs keeps the pounds away. :P

Out here in the sticks though... only the women seem to be obese. The men are generally thinner and wirey.

bluesummer
30-10-09, 01:21 AM
I don't know completely what they based the poll on. I do know that obesity was a factor, as well as education level.

Mish
30-10-09, 07:52 AM
and to a certain degree some of the more impoverished as junk food is cheaper than health food.

Are you kidding? Health food is the cheapest. I spend no more than $10 on vegetables that last me the whole week and salads make up half of my meals. People who don't eat healthy are just lazy.

Aeradalia
30-10-09, 10:19 AM
Are you kidding? Health food is the cheapest. I spend no more than $10 on vegetables that last me the whole week and salads make up half of my meals. People who don't eat healthy are just lazy.

Vegetables tend to do poorly in a packback in 90+ degree weather. They also bring about food poisoning and other problems on the street. Trust me... for the impoverished on the street or in filthier conditions... 'health food' is not cheaper.

Also... it's a lot easier to steal candies than fruits and vegetables as one is far more available than the other (i.e. convenience stores.. etc.).. so once again, it's more readily available to the impoverished.

Then finally, people are more apt to give out junk food and canned goods to the homeless (which spoil quickly when opened) than they are any other foods for some reason.

When I was homeless... something with sugar was more or less the staple diet as it held out longer, was easier to find, and less likely to make you sick.

IndiReloaded
30-10-09, 10:28 AM
Then finally, people are more apt to give out junk food and canned goods to the homeless (which spoil quickly when opened) than they are any other foods for some reason.

I tried to give a homeless fellow a beautiful bag of Granny Smith apples. He didn't want it. Took my Cape Cod chips, tho. :surprised

Aeradalia
30-10-09, 10:31 AM
I tried to give a homeless fellow a beautiful bag of Granny Smith apples. He didn't want it. Took my Cape Cod chips, tho. :surprised

They last longer... easier to ration... and hold more value with others when you need to trade for something better. ;)

Mish
30-10-09, 10:56 AM
Vegetables tend to do poorly in a packback in 90+ degree weather. They also bring about food poisoning and other problems on the street. Trust me... for the impoverished on the street or in filthier conditions... 'health food' is not cheaper.

Vegetables last much longer than any other type of food you can use for nourishment. Definitely much longer than junk food.

If I was homeless and made $5-$10 a day from begging there's no way I'd eat anything else. I think it comes down to personal choice like Indi mentioned. They choose chips over apples because they fill you up faster not because of their monetary value, they are not thinking about the long term effects.

bluesummer
30-10-09, 12:45 PM
I don't know, it costs me more to buy the veggies for a salad than to buy a meal at McDonalds (not that I eat it).

Illusional
30-10-09, 12:49 PM

the thing about vegetables is that they don't keep you satisfied for very long. i must eat atleast 4-5 times a day and this is without considering my drinking sessions.

raverboy

Illusional
30-10-09, 12:49 PM
Vegetables last much longer than any other type of food you can use for nourishment. Definitely much longer than junk food.

If I was homeless and made $5-$10 a day from begging there's no way I'd eat anything else.

if i were homeless, i'd hit up the dollar menu like it was a wheel of fortune machine in vegas.

raverboy

IndiReloaded
30-10-09, 12:58 PM
Do homeless people ever steal the macadamia packets people leave outside their houses?

Illusional
30-10-09, 01:00 PM
i dunno, i've never heard of anyone that leaves macadamia nuts outside their houses.

raverboy

IndiReloaded
30-10-09, 01:02 PM
What? When we were on the Big Island, there were houses that left bags of macadamias at a kiosk outside their house. $3 a bag, honour system. It was in the hills north of Kona...

Illusional
30-10-09, 01:08 PM
hrmm... well in that case, they probably had a tree and these bags were their access. i've heard of people doing that with mango and other various fruits. being that they had an access of nuts i'm sure that they were out in the country side where there probably weren't many homeless if anything.

from what i've heard though, this hasn't happened to my knowledge, but then again, i think that i've only been to kona like twice.

raverboy

IndiReloaded
30-10-09, 01:23 PM
Excess mango. You live in paradise. I have a couple cherry trees and some blackberry bushes.

Illusional
30-10-09, 03:48 PM
haha well.. mango is only one thing... there are other fruits that also come in excess.. one would be lychee. how many of you people have tried fresh lychee??

raverboy

Primo
30-10-09, 10:29 PM
Geez, I'm not starting threads anymore :-P

Aeradalia
31-10-09, 05:59 AM
If I was homeless and made $5-$10 a day from begging there's no way I'd eat anything else. I think it comes down to personal choice like Indi mentioned. They choose chips over apples because they fill you up faster not because of their monetary value, they are not thinking about the long term effects.

Hard to focus on eating healthy when you're hungry all the time, uncertain about the future, lacking in dignity, stinking to high heaven, and people look at you like you're something they scraped off their shoes.

Btw, it's very difficult to collect $5-$10 a day (at least in Dallas it was) as the police tend to constantly move the homeless from one place to another. Also when you do finally find a place that does hand out sufficient money, that's when the assholes show up and run off the 'decent folk' by being pushy or damn near nuts.

It's easy to assume all the things you'll do or how things should be when you've never had to actually face such a delimma. Intelligent or not... people don't give out fruits and vegetables very often, they don't store well, they're not desired by anyone you could trade with, and they will make you sick from salmonella poisoning if you keep them around for too long. Anything that needs to be cooked or kept cool is definitely out of the question unless you have reliable ties to someone who can provide those luxuries for you -- and then you have to wonder, at what cost?

It's not about the monetary value of the food... it's about the street value. And "health food" has almost no street value, whereas junk food does. A bag of chips can get you some smokes, some smokes can get you some money, and that little bit of money help you to get a new backpack, clothes, bus pass or whatever else you need -- or more junk food for trading. I managed to get my hands on a hersey bar when I was on the street... traded that for a week long bus pass so I could get to the shelters that were dotted across town.

Aeradalia
31-10-09, 06:00 AM
Do homeless people ever steal the macadamia packets people leave outside their houses?

No, they are more apt to steal things they can pawn... like your lawn equipment, anything they can get off your car, and raid through your garbage for anything of more value than the macadamia packets. ;)

Illusional
31-10-09, 06:32 AM

how many times do people actually stay on topic?

raverboy

IndiReloaded
31-10-09, 10:21 AM

Your question was over pages ago buddy.

You can always delete a thread by deleting your first post, btw. Provided a mod hasn't closed it first.

Illusional
31-10-09, 01:07 PM
we'll see what i can do about that...

raverboy

boobaa
08-11-09, 02:09 AM
Maybe a board for people who've actually lived a little and went through some of the stuff other people just wonder about would be good to seperate from the high school, freshman year at college type stuff?

Hard to tell how old people are on here and maybe someone who's 40 with kids and an ex shouldn't have to sift through advice, even though well intended, from someone who's living in their parents basement or in a dorm room.

This is good idea.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this forum is not in general the best place for advice. many people just give sort of comfortable advice, without really knowing the problem, or just ranting, because their life experience is quite comfortable.
While I can see some good threads about marriage problems, there are actually quite the number of threads that fail miserably. Plus the count of regulars, and self-claimed consultors-therapeuts. There are some good advice on this forum, but mainly it is about stereotypes.

Generally, I assume people come to the forums as a last resort, but this... Idk.

The best advice I have seen, is from a drug forum actually, where people have really gone through shit, had ton of relationships, and none of that middle-class restaurant-date crap. What I see here, are some average people hanging out, but the label gives off the impression this is somewhat serious forum.

BoredGeorge
08-11-09, 07:16 AM

Also... it's a lot easier to steal candies than fruits and vegetables as one is far more available than the other (i.e. convenience stores.. etc.).. so once again, it's more readily available to the impoverished.

When I was homeless... something with sugar was more or less the staple diet as it held out longer, was easier to find, and less likely to make you sick.

Yeah.. b.c ur probably a tiny chick who sits behind a desk all day and gets free coffee at work.

Men who are active NEED meat and carbs to be HEALTHY.

$10 a week in vegetables would go pretty quickly.

Different story for a tiny chick who never moves.

Primo
08-11-09, 10:03 PM
This is good idea.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this forum is not in general the best place for advice. many people just give sort of comfortable advice, without really knowing the problem, or just ranting, because their life experience is quite comfortable.

While I can see some good threads about marriage problems, there are actually quite the number of threads that fail miserably. Plus the count of regulars, and self-claimed consultors-therapeuts. There are some good advice on this forum, but mainly it is about stereotypes.

Generally, I assume people come to the forums as a last resort, but this... Idk.

Thanks booba, obviously it's a better idea more from a life experience perspective than an age requirement, but after being here awhile I can see it's not necessary. Everyone brings a little something to the table in their own way, but it's pretty easy to see who has life experience first hand and like you said, who's giving a canned response.

Most people that come here for advice are going to do what they want to do anyway, that's how it works in real life. They're hoping they'll find that one post in their thread that backs it up, to make them feel justified in doing it.

Like I've said before, if the time I'm around this board I help even 1 person, that they actually took the advice on experiences I've lived or dealt with and used it, that would make it worthwhile to me personally. I fully realize that pretty much everyone is going to do what they want to do and make the mistakes we cautioned them about anyway.

The upside of that is that they'll learn from their own mistakes and experiences too and hopefully down the road help the next person that will be asking the same questions.

BoredGeorge
09-11-09, 11:12 AM
life experience just means you've had longer to become stupid.

vashti
09-11-09, 11:14 AM
life experience just means you've had longer to become stupid.

**SMACK**

Shut up george.

Aeradalia
09-11-09, 11:24 AM
^ Damn... Vashti just bitchslapped george...

CocoChanel
09-11-09, 11:55 AM
It's a good idea but why don't one of you just start a Over 30's group. We have that option to start groups and invite people. It has it's own personal board in the groups. Do that then.

vashti
09-11-09, 12:30 PM
I'd say that 80% of the time, you can tell who is over 30, just by reading their advice.

Primo
10-11-09, 07:02 AM
Look at this way George, maybe one day you'll actually be able to tip the waitress at Denny's and not get pissed off about it.

Primo
10-11-09, 07:03 AM
**SMACK**

Oh my !!! Some fire in those eyes !! :lol:

CocoChanel
10-11-09, 07:27 AM
You can show your age throughout the forum can't you?

Aeradalia
10-11-09, 09:36 AM
I'd say that 80% of the time, you can tell who is over 30, just by reading their advice.

Yep... over 30 the women become more business-like and the men start dreaming of romantic getaways... :P

Though, seriously... there is a noticeable difference in manner of thinking (usually). However, I have come across some very immature 30+ individuals.

IndiReloaded
10-11-09, 01:51 PM
Signs you are [at least] 30 years old:

1. You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.

2. Your back goes out more than you do.

3. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

4. You buy a compass for the dash of your car/truck.

5. You are proud of your lawn mower.

6. Your best friend is dating someone half their age, and isn't breaking any laws.

7. You have a large party and your neighbours don't even notice.

8. You sing along with the elevator music.

9. You got cable for The Weather Channel.

10. You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. People call at 9:00 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"

13. You answer a question with, "Because I said so."

14. You send money to PBS.

15. The end of your tie doesn't come anywhere near the top of your pants.

16. You get into a heated argument about pension plans.

17. You know what the word "equity" means.

18. You can go bowling without drinking. You enjoy going bowling.

19. Your ears are hairier than your head.

20. You talk about "good grass" and you're referring to someone's lawn.

BoredGeorge
12-11-09, 05:33 PM
**SMACK**

Shut up george.

Just b.c ur old and can;t look good in a miniskirt ne moer.

I dun care, there are plenty of dumb 20-25 year olds around. They'll be old too and then figure out how worthless they are as human beings.

vashti
12-11-09, 10:14 PM
Hah! Old and worthless? I'm not even sure how to respond to that, it's so ridiculous, but I don't care about mini skirts, George... never have. I've always been too practical to wear them.

Sonrisa
13-11-09, 12:58 AM
Hah! Old and worthless? I'm not even sure how to respond to that, it's so ridiculous, but I don't care about mini skirts, George... never have. I've always been too practical to wear them.

i am sure you'd look great in a mini though :)

Aeradalia
13-11-09, 07:36 AM
Just b.c ur old and can;t look good in a miniskirt ne moer.

I dun care, there are plenty of dumb 20-25 year olds around. They'll be old too and then figure out how worthless they are as human beings.

You know... when you point your finger at someone else saying how worthless they are... you have three others pointing right back at you.