PDA

View Full Version : spam.

misombra
18-12-09, 06:44 AM
is it possible for us to accept spam complaints in this thread. everytime there's a spammer my email gets bombarded with complaints for the same guy. i had 20 emails from that alpha guy spamming peoples profile messages.

if people could write it in here, it would make my inbox really happy. don't know that the rest of the mods mind this...

loveadmin
18-12-09, 10:46 AM
Not recommended to be put in the public..

Just turn off the notification and hang around more often to watch out for spammers. :D

IndiReloaded
18-12-09, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. If I notice a spammer, I usually report it unless its obvious there is a mod online. Should we not do this?

Petit Papillon
18-12-09, 04:00 PM
Indi she means that...Everytime somebody reports a spammer, she get a notification on her mailbox... It's often like 87645343 people report the same guy so she gets also 87645343 mails on her box which is just annoying. She just ask to report spammers on this thread - nobody will care anyway, I mean the spammers, LA they don't get upset about it ;) It will just leave Misos mailbox out of spam ,actually, too :)

I am fine about posting reports about spam here :)

Gigabitch
19-12-09, 03:13 AM
I would like to be able to go in and delete everything a poster has done, including messages. I can find all posts, but this Alpha guy was a new and special kind of annoying.

Is there such a thing as being able to just wipe all traces of someone, even in visitor messages?

loveadmin
19-12-09, 10:40 AM
I would like to be able to go in and delete everything a poster has done, including messages. I can find all posts, but this Alpha guy was a new and special kind of annoying.

Is there such a thing as being able to just wipe all traces of someone, even in visitor messages?

yea...same here. This alpha guy did something which we couldn't mass delete ...

I believe there will be a solution to it very soon.

Primo
20-12-09, 11:28 PM
I understood what Miso meant, but have no idea what the hell PP was trying to say.

Junket
20-12-09, 11:31 PM
I understood what Miso meant, but have no idea what the hell PP was trying to say.

She was saying the members of this forum are so vigilant they're all reporting the same guy, which results in a lot of duplicate e-mail notifications to the mods.

I switched my LF e-mail to a junk account that I never check.

Problem solved!

misombra
29-12-09, 12:03 AM
we can't delete posts in profiles. those visitor post things. we can only ban the culprit.

this is for those who are reporting visitor message spam.

Petit Papillon
29-12-09, 12:24 AM
We can Miso. I just did it, I deleted the post that Charlie reported.

misombra
29-12-09, 12:30 AM
oh really? i did not know that lol.

IndiReloaded
29-12-09, 01:49 AM
She was saying the members of this forum are so vigilant they're all reporting the same guy, which results in a lot of duplicate e-mail notifications to the mods.

I switched my LF e-mail to a junk account that I never check.

Problem solved!

So we shouldn't report spammers? Okay.

misombra
29-12-09, 03:01 AM
usually we find them.

but if you see something that's been sitting around for a while then you can report it or let me know by pm.

Junket
29-12-09, 05:25 AM
So we shouldn't report spammers? Okay.

I honestly don't check that e-mail account.

Spam is pretty obvious when it shows up on the New Posts thread, and I think we have enough mods in different time zones to catch them quick.