PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mods and/or Loveadmin

RSK
22-09-05, 01:10 AM
I want to know how a forum like LF works. Who keeps this website up and running? Which parties benefit the most? How much money is made with advertising? Who keeps the profits? How much do Mods make? What are the benefits of this forum for the administrators? Thanks.

TAVS
22-09-05, 01:37 AM
And why do you think they would share this information with you?

How much money is made with advertising: Not a lot
Profits: What profits?
Benefits: Dreams of Profits, satisfaction, enjoyment
Mods Pay: $0

loveadmin
22-09-05, 08:23 PM
The first 3 years, we never run ads on the forum. Basically, I am using my own pocket money to maintain the forum. Only last year, we started to switch to place google ads on the forum.. i would say we are not earning big money here. However, i am glad the revenue generate from the ads is still able to help cut down the cost.

well, what TAVS say is correct.. mod get zero dollar..

As for moderator, they do not get pay. LF is not a business or commercial-related forum.. we are not earning alot money. So, we do not have the ability to pay like some other forums do..

I would say, every member benefit from the very day they join the forum. Beside trashing out their problems & getting good advises from other senior members, you get to know more friends :)

As the admin, myself, i don't get anything but many problems .. eg. upgrade forum, install chatroom, gallery, Arcade games.. to keep the members occupied & entertained :)

Innova
23-09-05, 01:50 AM
I've been loving up on the forum since 2003, it's a wonderful site...and to see the way this place has grown, is really amazing. Believe me...mid-2003...this place was small, now its huge.

Kiechi
23-09-05, 03:50 AM
Yup. LF is great. Mods don't get paid nothing. It's all good because I'm glad I can offer myservices and help rid the forum of spam and other crap people seem to post on here. Out your own pocket LA, woah thats pretty generous of you. I thought the cyber00 paid for it.

RSK
23-09-05, 01:48 PM
The first 3 years, we never run ads on the forum. Basically, I am using my own pocket money to maintain the forum. Only last year, we started to switch to place google ads on the forum.. i would say we are not earning big money here. However, i am glad the revenue generate from the ads is still able to help cut down the cost.

well, what TAVS say is correct.. mod get zero dollar..

As for moderator, they do not get pay. LF is not a business or commercial-related forum.. we are not earning alot money. So, we do not have the ability to pay like some other forums do..

I would say, every member benefit from the very day they join the forum. Beside trashing out their problems & getting good advises from other senior members, you get to know more friends :)

As the admin, myself, i don't get anything but many problems .. eg. upgrade forum, install chatroom, gallery, Arcade games.. to keep the members occupied & entertained :)

You seem like a cool person. It's cool that people like you exist. In a way, we must ALL thank you for this site. You have no idea how much I and others have and continue to benefit from this site. I guess you are right - the members of this forum are those that benifit the most.

So, thanks Loveadmin! ;)

Illusional
24-09-05, 06:53 AM
i get paid the most money out of all the mods because i work the hardest. hahahaha...

raverboy

lilwing89
25-09-05, 09:38 AM
something smells like...BULLSHIT!

Illusional
29-09-05, 09:51 AM
does it?? did you step in something lately??

raverboy

RSK
29-09-05, 12:06 PM
does it?? did you step in something lately??

raverboy

yeah, i think he stepped into post number 7 on this thread, wise guy.. ;)

hey, i joke, i joke!!!!!!!!!

Illusional
29-09-05, 12:25 PM
errr... whatever you say buddy.

raverboy