Thread: Friends like these?

Thanks

Friends like these?

So it really bugs me that most of my friends (even good friends) don't want to go to events that I invite them to...whether it be a party or something they would go to just to support me with something I like doing, like a dance performance or something.

They either come up with a lame excuse, lie, not respond back to my invitation, are too shy/feel awkward to do certain stuff, or say "eh, I'll think about it." Now I would understand if I hang out with my friends a lot, but I actually don't since we're all busy with stuff...but when they're free...and I KNOW they're free...they still choose to not hang out.

Yet, when they come up with an idea to do something...I am usually up for it and go for it. And sometimes, even though I'm not up for their idea...I do it anyways because half of me thinks it won't be that bad.

Does this happen to you? And if so, of often? I find it very annoying.

Do you have friends like these?
    Last edited by OhHowLovely; 18-02-12 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks
    Definitely. Me and my best friend do lots of things together, also with other friends of us even if we initially don't like the idea so much. But an other friend of us two is always like "Let's go there, or there!" or he only ever wants to go to that ONE bar. We usually say yes. But when we invite him to do something it's always like "Nah... don't like it so much." or "I don't like that type of music..." and it's annoying me a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OhHowLovely View Post
    ..... Do you have friends like these?
    Nope. But I have to say I barely make plans around friends. When I do, I run them through with my friends first then it becomes a plan. Until then, it's just an idea. It doesn't bother me much.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphyn View Post
    Definitely. Me and my best friend do lots of things together, also with other friends of us even if we initially don't like the idea so much. But an other friend of us two is always like "Let's go there, or there!" or he only ever wants to go to that ONE bar. We usually say yes. But when we invite him to do something it's always like "Nah... don't like it so much." or "I don't like that type of music..." and it's annoying me a lot.
    yes, it sucks. hopefully we find a way to not let it get to us as much or maybe things will work out and our friends will want to do more stuff.